1 ... 4141 4142 4143 4144 4145 ... 4722
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/15/20 2:01 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

Congratulations, you have found Dante's ninth circle of Hell.

9 Circles of Hell (Dante's Inferno) - History Lists

Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
Hasbro (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
7/15/20 2:04 p.m.

Saw these yesterday.

Rambler American, $500

F150, don't know price   SOLD

Chevy Stepside, $2,000, very rusty, did not run when parked. Those stacked 5x8 trailers are new, with or without wood floor. He has 30 of them.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/15/20 2:17 p.m.

its normal to polish a radiator to match a polished strut tower bar,  right? There's nothing wrong with me, right?

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/15/20 2:27 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Polishing a radiator doesn't mean you're crazy, but it may not help your argument otherwise... so... maybe don't bring it up in conversation. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/15/20 3:07 p.m.

To be clear:  there is a can of tuna mixed in with the lime jello, along with onions, olives, cucumbers, celery, and pimientos. That bit in the middle is extra tuna salad, apparently tinted green.  And they recommend topping each slice with mayonnaise.

"Makes... about 4 entree servings."

Actually makes about 400 servings because no way anybody is eating more than 1 spoonful of that crap, and most won't even touch it.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/15/20 3:17 p.m.
Duke said:

To be clear:  there is a can of tuna mixed in with the lime jello, along with onions, olives, cucumbers, and pimientos. That bit in the middle is extra tuna salad, apparently tinted green.  And they recommend topping each slice with mayonnaise.

Actually makes about 400 servings because no way anybody is eating more than 1 spoonful of that crap, and most won't even touch it.

There are very few things that i will not try. You have found one. There is no planet, or diet, or drug that this would be appealing on. I honestly think that given the option between eating a full serving,  and amputating my own pinky toe, id take the amputating. 

Picture of something tasty 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/15/20 3:18 p.m.

Oh relax, it's a wedding in Ohio or a funeral i Missouri.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/15/20 3:20 p.m.

My mother made this at Christmas for about 30 years, served in deep tall wine glasses.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
7/15/20 3:43 p.m.
Duke said:

To be clear:  there is a can of tuna mixed in with the lime jello, along with onions, olives, cucumbers, and pimientos. That bit in the middle is extra tuna salad, apparently tinted green.  And they recommend topping each slice with mayonnaise.

I would absolutely try it. I love olives, tuna, pimentos, onions, onion, cucumber, celery, and lime. It is an odd presentation to put salty food in something usually reserved for sweet but I think I could get past it. It could be a heck of a strange Keto food for someone.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/15/20 3:47 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Assuming that everything in your top picture is fruit and / or sweet, no problem with any of those.  We've made the rainbow layer parfait as well.  All is good with those.

But bananas and ham with hollandaise sauce?  Tuna and lime jello?  Come on.  Might as well eat this - liverwurst pineapple covered with... what, exactly?

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
7/15/20 3:48 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

I love these 50s recipes because they're usually so easy to dismiss. While the food photography and styling is terrible here, the actual dish sounds like something my mom would make, and would actually be pretty good. "Italian style" meatloaf (intentional use of quotes there, because we all know there's nothing truly Italian about that) with some green beans sauteed in oregano would be delicious. Maybe I'm just a fat kid at heart and love all kinds of food too much. 

Related: 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/15/20 3:51 p.m.

How about... these?  "Dainty"?  More like "horrifying".

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/15/20 3:56 p.m.

If you want an infinity internet time waster, go here: https://www.lileks.com/

Actual books devoted to these weird 50's food stuff. (and a million things more!)

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/15/20 3:57 p.m.

WHAT EVEN IS THIS

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/15/20 4:01 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I'm the weird person that actually eats the parsley first. You bet I'm gonna at least try the rest!

Sidebar: WTF people!?

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/15/20 4:18 p.m.
Jesse Ransom (patron dork) said:
Indy "Nub" Guy said:

Are those C4 'vette wheels? Does that fitment just work? They don't look terrible, but that seems like it makes Jag wheel selection less fraught than I thought...

Yes, those appear to be C4 wheels, but I can't answer your fitment question.  I shamelessly stole the image from this thread.  Robbie posted the pic.  He has a Jaaaag of this vintage, so perhaps he can chime in with an answer.

This looks amazing too:

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/15/20 4:28 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:
Duke said:

There are very few things that i will not try. You have found one. There is no planet, or diet, or drug that this would be appealing on. I honestly think that given the option between eating a full serving,  and amputating my own pinky toe, id take the amputating. 

Picture of something tasty 

That does look TRULY disgusting.  But trust me, the whole amputating thing..... It's not all it's cracked up to be either. wink

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/15/20 4:29 p.m.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/15/20 4:32 p.m.

This thread has turned. And not in a good way. 

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/15/20 4:37 p.m.
barefootskater said:

This thread has turned. And not in a good way. 

Yep.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/20 4:52 p.m.
Duke said:

To be clear:  there is a can of tuna mixed in with the lime jello, along with onions, olives, cucumbers, celery, and pimientos. That bit in the middle is extra tuna salad, apparently tinted green.  And they recommend topping each slice with mayonnaise.

I'd eat the hell out of that.

Then again, I also want to try making this:

Boil pig feet for five hours with onions and other things, cut up what is left of the meat from the bones, return it to the gelatin-filled water, chill and serve.

Interestingly, this is one of the few things he doesn't slather half a jar of mayo on.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/20 4:58 p.m.

What was the FDA doing while all this was going on?  This seems like something that would warrant government intervention.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
7/15/20 5:15 p.m.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
7/15/20 5:15 p.m.

In response to all you berks:

1 ... 4141 4142 4143 4144 4145 ... 4722

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4M83oLWFzqQCoIW9cfkl7y00Y5ztYc6wahbf8jmSQgd98n6dhUzxvNQD1G06k1Kg