1 ... 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 ... 4722
Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
3/19/21 9:48 a.m.

not gonna lie, the "mod everything!" part of my brain would love to lower my Expedition...

Imagine that with a more reasonable diameter rim...

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
3/19/21 4:26 p.m.

Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/19/21 4:48 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM :

I agree there's a certain cleanliness to an empty white box... Sorry, attempting (pathetically) to add humor to the observation that the Instagram links don't work here. I'm even logged into Instagram! I can follow the link to view, but it's not hotlinked here.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/19/21 6:45 p.m.
rob_lewis said:
Mr_Asa said:

We need more lowered, short wheel base, single cab trucks in the world.

Agreed 100%.  Lowered but not slammed just looks so right....

-Rob

I’m on the phone and not near MSPaint so I can’t do it myself but I’d like to see how that looks with whiteletters. Maybe needs some more sidewall height to pull it off 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
3/19/21 7:29 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

The "Zippo" ads give it away. When those cars ran there for real there was no "bus stop" "inner loop" thing.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
3/19/21 7:31 p.m.

and just for the heck of it, another Watkins Glen pic from my camera in 1972

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/20/21 10:27 a.m.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/20/21 10:58 a.m.

^Ran across that in the Happy Hour chat last time. So bad, it's kinda good? laugh

Up next, both Neill Blomkamp and Shirow Masamune would be proud:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/20/us/nerf-gun-drug-bust/index.html

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/20/21 5:06 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/20/21 5:45 p.m.

Someone here in my town has a sickness. 

It looks serious. 

I've always wanted to knock on the door, but I'd feel intrusive. There's also been other interesting cars there, like a tri-five Chevy. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
3/20/21 6:04 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Must be Angry's southern cousin, HappyCorvair. And as you might guess, he's happy because his corvairs work. 

Gary
Gary UltraDork
3/20/21 6:38 p.m.

Stinger's Bar & Grill on A1A, Pompano Beach, FL. No WiFi, but the best fish tacos anywhere. And great face-to-face conversation with the other patrons.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/20/21 10:41 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

SWMBO sent me this pic of the kidhauler Hyundai SUV:

Heh

Need to go 77 more miles.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/20/21 10:44 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/20/21 11:53 p.m.

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/21/21 8:00 a.m.
Gary said:

Stinger's Bar & Grill on A1A, Pompano Beach, FL. No WiFi, but the best fish tacos anywhere. And great face-to-face conversation with the other patrons.

Grilled and Baja fried? I freakin LOVE fish tacos. Like alot...

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/21/21 8:07 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/21/21 9:40 a.m.

The 314 Clipper and the XB-15 shared the same wing.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
3/21/21 9:51 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

That's a beautiful wing design. Good dihedral and thick cross section. Classic vintage aeronautical design, and effective at the time. But this sounds familiar. Did we have a discussion here about this same topic a few years ago? Not a problem if we did. It's a good topic. And in conjunction, I think somebody mentioned a book about a Pan-Am Clipper making an historic flight flight in the late 1930s, just before WWII. I even bought and read the book! But damn, I'm 72, so can't remember details. I know the book is in my library back at home in RI, but I'm in South Florida right now.

Obligatory unrelated pic:

(He's sleeping-off a spring break party hangover on the sidewalk).

Ottawa
Ottawa GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/22/21 6:56 a.m.
Gary said:

...And in conjunction, I think somebody mentioned a book about a Pan-Am Clipper making an historic flight flight in the late 1930s, just before WWII. I even bought and read the book! But damn, I'm 72, so can't remember details. I know the book is in my library back at home in RI, but I'm in South Florida right now.

I think that might have been my recommendation for "The Long Way Home" by Ed Dover, and here is a legit hotlink...

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
3/22/21 7:39 a.m.

In reply to rob_lewis :

We had this one at work... pretty sure it's a state highway truck before graphics, but it looked cool! 

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
3/22/21 3:26 p.m.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
3/22/21 5:14 p.m.

So the Zoomboni went under the knife last week and gained a whole lot of driver comfort.  Due to the constraints of fabbing it up to have two driving positions with the lower entirely within the shell of the original vehicle the original seating position didn't give the driver enough room for their left arm.  Arm in and it limited my ability to turn.  Arm out and it was the same but in a different direction.  Now it's closer to being a lotus 7 clone and 100% easier and more comfortable to drive.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/22/21 7:43 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/22/21 8:24 p.m.

1 ... 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 ... 4722

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4vLyM1IBovdS9aCin1VH8vtREMwUkS0Ibu3P16PAFpICDSvUB2UC4QQxLGWr6gMn