1 2 3 4
ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/8/09 9:16 a.m.
Snowdoggie wrote: I don't think you will be hearing a screeching partisan opinion show by either Glenn Beck or Keith Olbermann on NPR anytime soon.

I think they do a damn good job of being as non biased as possible.... Certainly certain news presenters put their slant on everything they touch.

zong
zong New Reader
12/8/09 9:31 a.m.

Thank you for sharing these!

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/8/09 9:42 a.m.

CANOE!!!!!!!!!

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
12/8/09 9:47 a.m.
joey48442 wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
joey48442 wrote: why do half of your posts seem to be trying to make half of this message board mad, and preach to the other half stuff they already know? Cmon man, are you expecting in a year or two when (and if) everything falls apart we are going to look back and say "geepers, oldsaw was right"? I don't agree with alot of the guys on this forum, but it seems like most of them don't go out of there way to create threads that will piss people off. Of course, sometimes I don't agree with Hess, and jensonman, and the others, but I still feel like we have something in common, but you, it seems like you just want to fire some of the people up, and get some positive reinforcement from the rest of them. Do you even like cars? sorry, rant off. Joey
Half the people who post on off-topic threads (primarily the politically-oriented ones) offer opinions too often founded on ignorance, or an unwillingness to recognize there's always more than one way to view a topic. Please accept my apologies if my posts upset you, but then again, you can always ignore them or offer honest and well-founded rebuttals. As far as "liking" cars - I've worked in the automotive sector longer than you have drawn breath. My first autocross was run before you were in first grade. I subscribed to Auto-X magazine when I discovered the third issue and have kept every issue received or purchased for over 25 years. There's more info available, if you ask nicely. And for the record, was it not you who started this thread?
Sorry, I wasn't trying to get in a pissing match over age, you have me soundly beat there. I honestly thought you were in your early 20s. Maybe it was someone else. I didn't start this thread to have it become another one of these silly arguments that no one can win. I was just pointing out what seemed like a suspicious murder, but is only apparently a suicide. Ah well. Joey

Of course age could be the reason he totally missed my reference to 'Beyond Thunderdome'.

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/8/09 10:44 a.m.
Snowdoggie wrote:
joey48442 wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
joey48442 wrote: why do half of your posts seem to be trying to make half of this message board mad, and preach to the other half stuff they already know? Cmon man, are you expecting in a year or two when (and if) everything falls apart we are going to look back and say "geepers, oldsaw was right"? I don't agree with alot of the guys on this forum, but it seems like most of them don't go out of there way to create threads that will piss people off. Of course, sometimes I don't agree with Hess, and jensonman, and the others, but I still feel like we have something in common, but you, it seems like you just want to fire some of the people up, and get some positive reinforcement from the rest of them. Do you even like cars? sorry, rant off. Joey
Half the people who post on off-topic threads (primarily the politically-oriented ones) offer opinions too often founded on ignorance, or an unwillingness to recognize there's always more than one way to view a topic. Please accept my apologies if my posts upset you, but then again, you can always ignore them or offer honest and well-founded rebuttals. As far as "liking" cars - I've worked in the automotive sector longer than you have drawn breath. My first autocross was run before you were in first grade. I subscribed to Auto-X magazine when I discovered the third issue and have kept every issue received or purchased for over 25 years. There's more info available, if you ask nicely. And for the record, was it not you who started this thread?
Sorry, I wasn't trying to get in a pissing match over age, you have me soundly beat there. I honestly thought you were in your early 20s. Maybe it was someone else. I didn't start this thread to have it become another one of these silly arguments that no one can win. I was just pointing out what seemed like a suspicious murder, but is only apparently a suicide. Ah well. Joey
Of course age could be the reason he totally missed my reference to 'Beyond Thunderdome'.

Your sarcasm is trumped by your inability to detect mine.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
12/8/09 10:46 a.m.
oldsaw wrote:
Snowdoggie wrote:
joey48442 wrote:
oldsaw wrote:

Some people just don't like Tina Turner.

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/8/09 10:57 a.m.
Snowdoggie wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
Snowdoggie wrote:
joey48442 wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
Some people just don't like Tina Turner.

Some people have no taste. Tina has great legs, great talent, a sexy voice and great legs.

What's not to like:

Big pic for big talent!

Duke
Duke SuperDork
12/8/09 11:50 a.m.
ignorant wrote: I think they [NPR] do a damn good job of being as non biased as possible.

Bwa to the Ha to the Ha Ha Ha.

And NO, I'm not a Republican.

tuna55
tuna55 Reader
12/8/09 11:57 a.m.
Duke wrote:
ignorant wrote: I think they [NPR] do a damn good job of being as non biased as possible.
Bwa to the Ha to the Ha Ha Ha. And NO, I'm not a Republican.

Ditto that - and while I am on the subject - Limbaugh isn't either! Haha!

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/8/09 3:31 p.m.
Duke wrote:
Bwa to the Ha to the Ha Ha Ha. And NO, I'm not a Republican.

OK.. Give me a good nonbiased news source then.. So I can benchmark.

My favorite is the www.csmonitor.com

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
12/8/09 4:44 p.m.

FWIW, the only non biased news source online Ive ever found is this one. Really anyone looking for a non party based information site should click that link

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/8/09 7:05 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: FWIW, the only non biased news source online Ive ever found is this one. Really anyone looking for a non party based information site should click that link

I won't accept this answer. Gotta be someone who does it best....

Duke
Duke SuperDork
12/8/09 9:45 p.m.
ignorant wrote: OK.. Give me a good nonbiased news source then.. So I can benchmark.

There aren't any anymore, if there ever were. That's why I don't take anybody seriously who says they hate Fox News or CNN - you need to watch a bit of everything and compare and contrast. Or just ignore it all equally, which is more and more tempting every day.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/9/09 1:52 a.m.

Bwa to the Ha to the Ha Ha Ha.

And NO, I'm not a Republican.

OK.. Give me a good nonbiased news source then.. So I can benchmark.

My favorite is the www.csmonitor.com

blockquote>ignorant wrote:

I ghet all my news here<

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
12/9/09 12:37 p.m.
Wally wrote: I ghet all my news here<

Really?

This explains a lot, Wally.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners