1 2
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/10/15 2:27 p.m.

We've had Stella two months now, she's almost six months old.

She likes road trips, loves riding in the truck and woos the young girls at the lumber yard.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/10/15 2:47 p.m.

Meanwhile, in the Hungary house...

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
12/10/15 3:03 p.m.

Some happy... some sad in this photo... They are sisters, litter mates, unfortunately the less shepard looking one has passed... but the shepard, her name is Elsa, is doing pretty good as she approaches her 17th birthday this May

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/10/15 3:07 p.m.

Lily the Irish Wolfhound

There was a time she was a lap dog...

The0retical
The0retical Dork
12/10/15 3:16 p.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill:

That cat is giving you a look that says if you get any closer he'll waste the beer.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/10/15 3:41 p.m.

Anna. She was a sweetie, but tangled with a snake many years ago. We picked her up off the side of the road when she was a puppy. She was nasty, starved and loved people. We didn't want a dog at the time, I think my wife tried to find a home for her for about 10 seconds and she stayed around for 8 years. This is by far the best dog picture I have ever taken.

This is Gyro, as a kitten. He's about 18 pounds now. By far the laziest cat I've ever had.

Jack is the cat to call when you want a rat dead or you want to be drooled on. He's the only cat I've ever seen that actually drools. If he's being petted, he's slobbering all over you.

Dusty was the best dog ever. Smart as a whip. He was pretty old when we adopted him so he didn't get to stay with us for long. Man I miss him.

Last but not least are the princess, Maddie and stupid.

Stupid's name is Napoleon. He probably should have been named Gilligan. He's a mutt like the rest of them. He's dumb as a post, but lovable. Getting him to stay still for a picture is a chore.

This is Maddie. She's a Chihuahua, Corgi mix or basically big Chihuahua. I'm pretty sure her previous life was not fun. She was about 8 pounds and scared of everything when we got her and she is over 11 now and scared of nothing. She loves food and would be 50 pounds if we let her, I'm pretty sure she knows what starved feels like. She loves to play. She also hates being photographed. She is without fail the first person to greet me when I get home and the first in my lap as soon as I sit down. Usually with her head tucked under my chin. Her, I'll claim. Stupid belongs to my wife.

The day we picked her up:

About 5 minutes ago.

Out for a walk. Usually scouring the driveway for earthworms to eat. Don't ask me why.

The Cat that is walking with the dogs is "She who must not be named!!!" Say that with a loud thundery voice, out loud if you please. Maybe my family will believe you. If it's named it lives here. Even though we feed it, fixed it, and get it shots, I still say it's not our cat. My wife and kids, unfortunately, don't agree. It literally fell out of a tree while my son was working on his car. Then promptly climbed to his shoulder and stayed there until he finished. Since his condo doesn't allow pets, he brought it to my house. (We have had a rather pointed discussion about bringing strays to my house. )

My family thinks her name is Sasha.

But it's not. SWMNBN!!!

underpowered
underpowered GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/10/15 4:00 p.m.

Dr. Zeus

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
12/10/15 5:32 p.m.

The lovely miss Lily  photo lily_zps88716d5a.jpg

Who is Clementine the Chihuahuas chew toy  photo IMG_20140509_173141_zpsd3kobvuf.jpg

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/10/15 5:33 p.m.

Riley a week or so after we got her, around 11 weeks old. It was evident even then that she'd have little to no personality. (She's 2 now).

Here she is enjoying her first antler with Tetley our now 13 year old (11 at the time) Lab/Golden mix. Even at 11-12 weeks she held court over Tetley (who's the sweetest dog ever) taking the antler which is both of their absolute favorite, over the bone ring on a rope. Tetley doesn't enjoy being photographed the same way that Riley does

Why do you put me in clothes, this is abuse, no more of this ever, you promise?

funny thing about a border collie mix, is that they're smart enough to do their destruction in front of the lab mix while they sleep in an effort to frame them. (That being said Tetley is no dummy, if a bag of chips is left on the coffee table she'll wait until everyone has left, then take remove the bag from the table, eat the chips then slide the empty bag either under the coffee table or the sofa in an effort to hide any evidence).

Okay this one is cheating, but my friend going back to middle school owns Gunpowder Bison Trading. He's had 2 over the years that we house bison.

Riley saying, give me attention, this is a dog thread, not a bison thread.

Riley impersonating the girl from the meme with the girl in front of the burning house

Where are you taking me this weekend?

I don't always stare out the from window, but when I do...

Doing my best to ensure that Trump doesn't pet me.

Tetley when she was around 8

https://www.facebook.com/dave.zajano/videos/10153465911458089/

Riley with romping with a foster puppy

video of Riley playing with a ball as a puppy

My old Chessie/GSP mix who used to enjoy walking Tetley

That dog would sleep in the strangest positions

and loved the water

For awhile Tetley's best friend was a cat.

I'll have to upload photos of some of the pups that we've fostered as well.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
12/11/15 8:46 p.m.

SWMBO and the boy HOUNDED (bad dum tish) me for a dog for years. They thought I just didn't like dogs, but I was afraid with our busy lives, it'd be cruel to have one. SWMBO finally got me with her, "Y'all kart every weekend while I'm home alone. I need a companion to keep me company." So, I caved in. But I said I get to pick what type. So, we got a full blood French Bulldog. Cream and white, named her Lola. Although she was for the wife, she quickly became my dog. A little over a year later, I was stuck in a NC snowstorm during Valentine's day. Wife texts me that Lola needs a friend and wife wants a dog that's "hers". So, at the local animal shelter, we pick up Abby. Near as we can tell, she's part Boston Terrier, not sure of the other part. I get home about three days later, sit down on the couch, and Abby climbs up and falls asleep on my lap. As I type this, the Frenchie is on my lap, the Mutt is on my leg. Both snoring. Never imagined I'd really be a "dog person", but wouldn't give these two goofballs up for anything.

Her they are looking at me like, "Pictures again?"

IMG_1727

-Rob

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/12/15 1:31 p.m.

Kind of a bittersweet thread for me. We until recently had two greyhounds . Pointing

Lucy, on the right, is still with us. She's a bona-fide racer, with documented history. She only raced 8 times, finishing a lowest of 4th, before the track was done with her.
Orion, on the left, died at home one May 1st. I'm getting verklempt right now thinking about it. He was simply awesome, and pretty much defined the term 'Gentle Soul'. He believed himself to be a cat, and had very cat-like mannerisms.
101_0703 No clue about his history or even his age, he wasn't 100% greyhound. Rather than running like a racer, he ran like a giant goofy goober. Lucy is all business while running, and everything is a race: getting to the door, out the door, in the car, etc.

running dogs

Seeing Lucy run flat out for the first time was an eye opener, I had never seen a dog move so fast. Gate discipline is a must!

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/15 10:27 a.m.

Ollie hoards tennis balls, destroys stuffed animals, and looks at me disapprovingly whenever I do something.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
12/14/15 11:56 a.m.

Chewie, 19 month old American Pit Bull. I've had him just over a year, he's been an adventure for sure and the first dog I've had by myself. And worth every accident/chewed up assorted item.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
12/14/15 12:45 p.m.

Hangin' out with my little buddy, Cooper:

He's 70 lbs of lab/shepherd/boxer/pitt/whothehellknows. Generic South Macon Street Mutt. Best dog on the planet.

My wife always jokes that he's the canine Derek Zoolander - he's really, really, ridiculously good looking.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
12/14/15 12:56 p.m.

This is a thing I made a few years ago: http://pets.kansascity.com

This is my useless moppet dog, Maggie, who had to go to the vet today for a blown-out knee. This is going to be a rough winter for Maggie (and my wallet)

She is about the sweetest, nicest dog I've ever seen though.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/15 1:01 p.m.

I wish I had videoed them. Two weeks ago I redid my mom's floor from stick on tiles to bamboo... little dogs do -not- like walking across sticky plywood. They pick their feet up -very- high like they are prancing. Between their reactions and the noise, I laughed for about 5 minutes

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
12/14/15 1:23 p.m.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/15 1:26 p.m.

Here he is yesterday tolerating my niece. The kids played with him for a while then he went and sat by The Wife. They wanted to play more so we told them he was tired. My niece brought him his bed and blanket and put him to bed.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/15 1:33 p.m.
XLR99 wrote: Seeing Lucy run flat out for the first time was an eye opener, I had never seen a dog move so fast. Gate discipline is a must!

At the (fenced) dog park last summer, my dog was running and allowing the other dogs to chase him. He's pretty quick, so he could stay ahead of everyone. Then a greyhound came in an joined the chase and it was hilarious. Literally toying with the other dogs, she could put distance on any dog there on a whim. Real pleasure to watch them run.

Toebra
Toebra Reader
12/14/15 3:27 p.m.

Got this guy at the end of August, he is about 14 months old now, pic from when we first got him. He had belonged to my office manager's neighbors, who neglected him pretty badly. She was working on them about 6 months before they said they would let us have him, any longer and I would have just stolen him from them. I bet he had not seen a dozen people in his entire life before we got him. When we picked him up, his fur was sort of weird. He is not a year old, and he looked like he was going grey. Stripe down his back, and covered both sides. Really brittle fur, like straw, rough to the touch, would fall out when you pet him. His previous owner said that was his "puppy hair" which I have never heard of before, probably because it was nonsense.

Wife took him to the vet to get checked out. Vet says his gums are too pale, maybe he is a little anemic. Check him for worms, and he has them worse than the vet has seen before, and she is no kid. Said the sample was more eggs and worms than feces, with every type of worm there is. I had no idea there were numerous types, turns out there are 4 different intestinal ones, go figure. She said that judging by the way the worms looked, she would guess he had been infested at least two years, which is a neat trick for a 10 month old dog, but no heart worms. My wife had them get a blood sample, which the vet did not feel was necessary, because he really looked pretty good overall. Called later and said to bring him back because he needed a blood transfusion, he was so anemic. We did not do that, but dewormed him, and gave him an iron supplement every other day. Vet said he would have died in about a month if he had stayed where he was before we got him. He was 75# first time at the vet, 70# 2 weeks later, after we got rid of the worms, which is pretty gross if you think about it. He looks a lot better now, beautiful even. He was pretty horrible on a leash at first, sort of like trying to walk pony with its tail on fire. I doubt if they ever walked him. At first, he was afraid of everything, people, leaf or plastic bag getting blown around, Harley blatting down the street.

Better on a leash now, really sweet natured already, most affectionate dog I ever saw. Old ladies at the bus stop love him, but if there are more than two he shies away, even if he has seen them all before. First time he did that I could not figure it out, but I think he just never had seen more than 3 people in one place at the same time before. So far he likes pretty much everyone, except the sketchy looking guy we caught breaking into a car one morning. Pretty sure that was the same guy that assaulted the old lady at the bus stop a week later, from the way she described him, so maybe he is a pretty good judge of character. Turns out we had rats in our woodpile out back. Had I say, he left a couple lined up for us at the back door. He is working out pretty well. Wife is a little bent, because he likes me more than he likes her, but that is just the way it goes I guess. He likes the grandson better than he likes either one of us, but that kid has this dog/cat whisperer thing going.

KatieSuddard
KatieSuddard DaughterDork
12/16/15 2:24 p.m.

Another cat for the dog thread! This is Sara Star Suddard, because I named her when I was four and I was quite the fan of alliteration. She's a very fat cat on a tiny frame, but that fat might be because mom feeds her potato chips sometimes...

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
12/16/15 2:52 p.m.

Cats rule dogs drool!!!!!

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
12/16/15 3:09 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:

OK, now that I have couple moments.... The oldest, Maya, is on the right. This pic was 2 years ago, she was 11 at the time and was 4 months into the spleen cancer diagnosis. It was supposedly pretty advanced and there wasn't a lot we could do except keep her happy and wait. She's now almost 14 and has completely lost her hearing. Sight and smell work great though.... as well as her appetite. She's had both knees replaced (at 4 and 6 years old), one ruptured anal gland and a lifetime of allergies we keep under control with benedryl.

The middle child, Sadie, is on hte left. She's almost 8 now. She suffers from an enzyme deficiency that requires a lifetime of powder supplements and now is starting to have spinal issues (swollen discs pinching the nerves). At 26lbs she is the perfect size for me and waaaaaayyyyy too small for the wife. SHe suffers from middle child syndrome where she causes problems for attention. Loves to cuddle on the couch and watch TV.

The youngest is also the biggest. 68lbs of pure blood long haired German Shepard. Chey, (short for Cheyenne, pronounced "Shy") is aptly named. Big bark. Big wuss. Loves to lay on the couch and watch TV, and is 100% a "Mommies girl".

Hal
Hal SuperDork
12/16/15 5:50 p.m.

What do you mean? "Its your chair"!

Luke(L) and Tuffy. They are both rescue cats and ~2 years old now. We got them as kittens after the other 3 we had died at ~18 years of age.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ag04iU9t4VGzTII6GeLuSGm8atbdo81Q9ENElIVGyxaPNfRRBex4jGpcmyzakJgA