1 2
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/12 2:42 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Javelin wrote: Pffft, move to Washington. We renew our DL's online. I haven't been in a DOL in 8 years.
PA too - but you still have to go to the DMV to get the picture license made. That is the hell I am trapped in.

They just re-use the picture out here. The women love it!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/12 3:30 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
Javelin wrote: Pffft, move to Washington. We renew our DL's online. I haven't been in a DOL in 8 years.
PA too - but you still have to go to the DMV to get the picture license made. That is the hell I am trapped in.

I love it too.. I had more hair 8 years ago

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/12/12 3:31 p.m.
mad_machine wrote:
Javelin wrote:
I love it too.. I had more hair 8 years ago

I have the same amount as 8yrs ago, it has just moved from my head to my back and thumbs.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
9/12/12 3:48 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: They have a person just inside the door you see first. That person checks to make sure you have all your paperwork in order before you ever get to the counter. If you are missing something, you know about it before standing in line.

And on an occaision, she has provided me with what I needed without going on through the line.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
9/12/12 3:50 p.m.

One thing our Appalachain Trail hiking governator did what streamline our DMV.

It hard to believe the state that registers cars without a title puts you though this to RENEW a license.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Dork
9/12/12 4:11 p.m.

I just moved to Mass and they are going to force me to take a written test to get my license.

I've only been driving for 16 years without incident, LOOK OUT I'M A MENACE!

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/12/12 4:11 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
Toyman01 wrote: They have a person just inside the door you see first. That person checks to make sure you have all your paperwork in order before you ever get to the counter. If you are missing something, you know about it before standing in line.
And on an occaision, she has provided me with what I needed without going on through the line.

Yeah, and they get it wrong, too. I was told to scram, basically, and I went to the rack behind her, plucked out the title correction form I needed, showed her the block I needed to check off ('seller assigned title to himself', a common mistake) and asked her if that was OK. For a moment, I thought she was going to rip off my head.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/12/12 4:26 p.m.

In NV you have to go every second renewal for pictures and sight tests, the other renewal you can do online.

I actually don't mind going to the DMV here, they're pretty laid back and helpful. Especially at the moment, you can be in & out within an hour if you don't go first thing Monday. When I registered the BMW, it probably took 45 minutes including the VIN check.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/12/12 4:39 p.m.

So Atlanta gets all the cool Craigslist cars but has hellish license renewal. Is that the karma thing I always hear about?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/12 4:42 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: I just moved to Mass and they are going to force me to take a written test to get my license. I've only been driving for 16 years without incident, LOOK OUT I'M A MENACE!

obviously you do not adhere to Mass standards of driving. Stop using the turnsignal and you will breeze right through the test

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7ZmgdkOKJ11xFbm1mW9qE0t6wedwSF103iPZzTaXnwUuv4brMWrv4vGgjPHi5FUt