1 2 3 4
93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/11/13 5:04 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I've robbed many banks and been on many jewel heists. Snatch, Italian Job, and all the "Ocean's" movies are AWFUL. Not realistic at all.

Are we talking original Italian Job or new POS one?

Anyway I haven't watched any of the Fast And Furious franchise since Tokyo Drift probably won't go see this one.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
2/11/13 6:03 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: She's got more chops than Megan Fox.Which is like saying a rock is more stationary that the a fore mentioned brick. Paper bag comment, anyone?

I don't get the attraction to Megan Fox. Sure, she's your stereotypical greasy hollywood tramp, but any good looks she DOES have, are totally cancelled out by the fact that she's got the personality of a roadkill badger. Seriously how the berkeley do you get kicked out of Transformers? Not like you had to do much.....

Jordana Brewster on the other hand... That is a nice lady to behold.

madmallard
madmallard HalfDork
2/13/13 2:06 p.m.

I went to premier weekend of Tokyo Drift. I enjoyed the screening, especially didn't expect to see Sonny Chiba playing a heavy~

But I didn't use it as a representative badge for all drift, or even mod car scene.

I went to see it in Marietta, GA, the at a theatre on the whiter side of 41 with some other WRX owners.

After we saw the first screening, we parked at a parking lot a couple blocks up from the main inlet to the theatre, and watched all the racerbois in their mustangs and cherrybombed trucks tear out and up the 5 lane road.

What made it even more fun was the sprinklers for the greens had been on, so they'd come tearing around the curve and hit the wetspot unexpectedly. but being 5 lanes wide, they could get into trouble without being too much of a danger. ah, the laughs...

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
2/13/13 6:26 p.m.
Sky_Render wrote: I love the F&F franchise, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. It's what got me into cars, as the first movie came out when I was a senior in high school. That got me into ricer modifications, which got me into racing and REAL modifications. The first movie is still my favorite, because it is the only one to actually be about "street racing" and "tuner culture," two things I was heavily (and stupidly) involved in while I was in school. The first movie is nostalgic to me.
Swank Force One wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: I also don't believe that all the movies are necessarily in chronological order. I believe 5 came before 3.
Not necessarily. The beginning of 4 was actually before 3. 5 took place after all of them because of the character build up. The motorcycle chick in 5 was introduced in 4 as was the two cocky Spanish only speaking guys.
1, 2, 4, 5, 3? It kinda makes sense.... really nobody but Han in 4 or 5 is from 3. At the end of 3, Vin mentions winning the car he's racing at the end of the movie from "My friend Han." Showing Han interact with Vin before that makes sense. Of course, this is if you buy into Han actually dying. (Which i do.) It's just really "convenient" that he's the only character to show up in the other movies.
The story line goes 1,2,4,5,6,3. *Tokyo Drift* takes place after all of them, because Han (the aforementioned "Asian guy") dies in that movie. Other than that one, they are all in order.

I'm telling you guys, Han never died!!

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
2/13/13 10:32 p.m.

Han shot first, ooh, wait, wrong movie.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
2/15/13 9:29 a.m.

Tokyo Drift showed up from Netflix. I'm grudingly giving it a try.
Funny thing is, I offered to watch it last night when the fiancee was going to the gym.
She said "oh I'll watch it with you. My friend Angie loved them, they came out when we were in high school".

madmallard
madmallard HalfDork
2/16/13 2:14 p.m.

-ouch-

Jerry
Jerry Reader
2/17/13 4:42 p.m.

Just watched Tokyo Drift. I really REALLY tried to be impartial. But by 9:30 into the movie I already hated it. Seriously, an old Monte Carlo that weighs as much as a townhouse is being forced off the road by a plastic Viper? Then after all the crazy jumps and stunts, he loses it coming to a stop and rolls 15 times??

The DVD extras were much better than the movie.

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
2/17/13 7:23 p.m.

Heck I'm watching the end of FF4 right now on TV, it's mindless car related entertainment, that is all. There is also some eye candy for everyone whether it be human or automotive. I don't take them seriously.

I saw the first F&F at a 4 screen drive-in in Atlanta two months after it came out I think with maybe 1000 other import car crazies as part of NOPI Nationals it was a blast, the whole event was just surreal.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
2/17/13 7:58 p.m.
LopRacer wrote: Heck I'm watching the end of FF4 right now on TV, it's mindless car related entertainment, that is all. There is also some eye candy for everyone whether it be human or automotive. I don't take them seriously. I saw the first F&F at a 4 screen drive-in in Atlanta two months after it came out I think with maybe 1000 other import car crazies as part of NOPI Nationals it was a blast, the whole event was just surreal.

Here's the real question, WHY the hell is it on Syfy? (watching it as well)

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
2/18/13 2:02 a.m.

Have you seen the other movies on SyFy? You're ahead in points.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uSMWkQebfDgZHbj1dDfEN5e1ES6iyMePkR9ohYylJfgDRPF20f6bJsLAuKXLV6Cs