1 2 3 4
HiTempguy
HiTempguy SuperDork
1/23/12 4:13 p.m.
drunkjunkie wrote: And got made fun of, beat up, etc. quite a bit. But I grew to love my name and I feel like the strife I dealt with helped me build character.

Really? Being ostracized and beat up as a kid helps you build character?

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/23/12 8:22 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: On second thought, let him wear camo cargo pants but drive a miata. Would that be ok?

See, now you're just forcing the GRM way on them

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
1/23/12 8:27 p.m.

One of the hardest things about driving a Miata was explaining to my mother that I'm gay.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
1/23/12 9:29 p.m.

There are ways to allow gender neutrality, but the couple is stooping too low not allowing the child to have things that are "too masculine" or "two feminine." I think its more important to have a kid that is highly adaptive to an environment weather it be feminine or masculine. I like playing with cars and guns, but I can help my wife pick out a nice outfit and tell her what looks good or professional better than what she could for herself. She comes to me for style advice.

Having two older sisters made me who I am today.

I'm a social chameleon.

I was a bit odd as a kid. Got along with the girls more than the boys and was overlooked a lot. High school is where I got beyond that and changed. I really don't think it effected me too much. Always had a pretty high self esteem.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
1/23/12 9:31 p.m.
SVreX wrote: One of the hardest things about driving a Miata was explaining to my mother that I'm gay.

You know the best part about driving an el camino? You don't have to tell anyone your gay;)

Joey

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
1/23/12 9:36 p.m.

Hmmm... I drive BOTH a Miata and an Elky.

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
1/23/12 9:53 p.m.

But you have to keep explaining why you shaved off your mullet.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
1/23/12 10:07 p.m.
Mitchell wrote: But you have to keep explaining why you shaved off your mullet.

Or why I feel compelled to braid my chest hair.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
1/23/12 10:51 p.m.

To quote Trainspotting, "In a thousand years, there won't be any guys or girls just wankers."

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PtIZ1mRQfB326s1Q0pXuEpkAbBO4vcKDgTAFMpEonMx9aI1Xnfmu3CiDp6zS44FH