1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
1/6/15 10:45 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: And to their credit: I know a bunch of die-hard Browns and Bengals fans, which keeps the whole thing really fun. Respect to them. Ravens "fans?" Never met one. Perhaps all their fans are either dead or in jail.

Obviously never been here to Baltimore or you'd know that there are a LOT of Ravens fans, including me, since I moved here in '99. Moved here from Seattle area, where the Seahawks were perennial losers, and most football fans were primarily COLLEGE football fans (you were either a Husky or a Cougar fan). Of course, now the hawks have gotten pretty decent, and my adopted home team has wone the SB twice since I've been here and been in the playoffs numerous times. I'd be ecstatic with a Ravens-Seahawks SB...

I've been reading stuff from NE about the Ravens coming up there again. Of the 4 AFC north teams that were viable, the Ravens are the only ones they worried about, as we know how to beat them at Gillette. If Suggs and Dumerville can get to Brady early, and Ngata can hold the center, Brady will have nowhere to go, and he tends to get rattled easily when he gets hit hard. I'm concerned about what Gronk will do to our secondary, but getting to Brady early may take care of that for us.

Poop, there smack talk an there's stupidity. You tend to cross that line.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/15 11:25 a.m.

I'm rooting for the Ravens this weekend. Someone needs to put the Patriots down, and I'd rather it wasn't left up to the Broncos again. Because I'm not all that confident about how it would turn out...

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/6/15 3:52 p.m.

I would actually like to see Brady get another ring

as a Redskin fan, I really don't care as long as it isn't the cowgirls

and I wouldn't mind seeing GB v NE

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
1/7/15 5:23 p.m.

Now the NFL admits to another botched call. A holding penalty against Dallas not called allowed Romo to complete a fourth down pass.

Jerry wins again.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/7/15 6:37 p.m.

I'm not sure where they're going with all the hair shirt mea culpa thing ….

while the holding non call could have affected the out come of the game, holding could be call on nearly all, if not all plays … the picked up flag on the pass interference call, was bad … actually it was a bad call, not so much interference as it was defensive holding prior to the pass

a lot of the blown calls in playoff games seems to come from teams of referees that aren't accustomed to working with each other …

regular season refs know each other, their strengths and their weaknesses .. and how to gather together and discus a call …

if they weren't going to call the PI .. then the correct thing to do was to huddle up and then just wave off the flag .. as opposed to announcing the penalty … then just shrugging their shoulders and saying play on

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/10/15 10:27 p.m.

Cam newton. Good job running your mouth about Richard Sherman. Worked out well for you. Have a nice flight back to Charlotte.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/10/15 10:32 p.m.

I'm saddened that Baltimore came up just short of giving us more pitiful Brady meme's......

Keith Tanner
1/10/15 10:41 p.m.

Bad day. Both games went to the wrong teams. Sigh. Damnit Baltimore, I was counting on you. And I'll cheer against anyone playing Seattle.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/11/15 6:45 a.m.

this one time I gotta disagree with you

I'm not necessarily a fan of NE or Seattle … but I'm NOT a fan of Baltimore ..and especially not of the Panthers … glad both lost

wouldn't be disappointed if the SB was GB v NE … but with Rogers leg, I'm afraid the hated cowgirls will win today … this is the only game I "really care" about …only because 1 victory a season is too many for dallas …. as far as I'm concerned much less playoff wins

Keith Tanner
1/11/15 10:37 a.m.

I have nothing against the cowboys ( the cowgirls are the cheerleaders, you guys really hate them for some reason), but I find Seattle fans really tiresome. Impressive team though.

Keith Tanner
1/11/15 10:39 a.m.

Oh, and let's get this out of the way before the Super Bowl. You cannot have a world championship of a national league. The Super Bowl is a national championship, nothing more. Sheesh.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/11/15 10:59 a.m.

After watching the Ravens-Pats game, I am convinced that the NFC will win the Super Bowl again this year. Maybe not as lopsided as last year's, but they will win. Doesn't matter whether its the Hawks, the Cryboys or the Pack. If the Patsies are the best of the AFC, then they will lose in the end. Neither the Pats nor the Ravens really played much D. Hell, I think the Panthers could beat the Patsies if they were to play them next week.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/11/15 11:00 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Oh, and let's get this out of the way before the Super Bowl. You cannot have a world championship of a national league. The Super Bowl is a national championship, nothing more. Sheesh.

Agreed - and why do they have to keep using the Roman numerals to denote SuperBowls? That is irritating.

Keith Tanner
1/11/15 11:47 a.m.
T.J. wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: Oh, and let's get this out of the way before the Super Bowl. You cannot have a world championship of a national league. The Super Bowl is a national championship, nothing more. Sheesh.
Agreed - and why do they have to keep using the Roman numerals to denote SuperBowls? That is irritating.

I suspect next year's Super Bowl L will break that habit. I've already seen at least one official reference to Super Bowl 50.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/11/15 12:25 p.m.

well … except for Canada no one else plays American football, do they ? (and CFL plays with different rules, so it could be considered a different sport)

plus the Super Bowl isn't called a world championship … just the Super Bowl

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
1/11/15 1:19 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

Baseball does the same thing. I guess its a tacit acknowledgment that any other team from any other country wouldn't stand a chance against the worst team in the league, let alone the best. Of course, previously, we thought the same thing about basketball, and it seems like our NBA All Star stacked Olympic teams have dropped a game or two over the years.

On today's game, as a Lions fan, I'm really torn by this Dallas/Green Bay game. After much deliberation, I've decided I hate Jerry Jones & Dez Bryant more than Mr. Discount Doublecheck - so a half-hearted "Go Pack".

Keith Tanner
1/11/15 1:56 p.m.

At least MLB has a team that is based outside the US. They even won the World Series a couple of times. So it's more legitimate. If the Dominican Republic was allowed to field a team, things would really get interesting!

But you watch - the winners of the Super Bowl will be pronounced world champions incessantly. It will be shouted from the rooftops and announced over the air. Nobody else other than the official franchises is even allowed to compete, but somehow it's a world win.

The Stanley Cup is never considered a world championship, even if there are two countries going after it. That's probably because there is a real world championship.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/11/15 3:05 p.m.
wbjones wrote: well … except for Canada no one else plays American football, do they ? (and CFL plays with different rules, so it could be considered a different sport) plus the Super Bowl isn't called a world championship … just the Super Bowl

American Football (and that's what it's called outside of the US) is played a bit in Europe. Still very small following, though.

It's a bit interesting that NBA basketball is almost a "world" game. Not so much for the teams, but for the players, who come from all over the world.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
1/11/15 3:16 p.m.

Kam Chancellor is a bad man

Re: Keith Tanner

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
1/11/15 3:41 p.m.

Dear Dallas fans,

I'm so sorry you got hosed on a questionable "Calvin Johnson Rule" call against Dez Bryant . . . awe, who am I kidding. BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAHAAAHAAAHAA (Deep Breath) HAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!!

Sincerely, Every Single Lion's Fan

Keith Tanner
1/11/15 3:48 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: Kam Chancellor is a bad man Re: Keith Tanner

I'll say the same thing if the Broncos win. That's why I'm saying it now, so nobody can pretend I'm a sore loser if someone takes them out. Which may or may not happen, my boys in orange are not predictable.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
1/11/15 4:11 p.m.

Yep the Cowboys got totally hosed. And I'm very satisfied by that.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/11/15 4:20 p.m.

The rule may or may not make sense, but the officials followed the rule. That was an incomplete pass 100%.

I want to know why the Dallas coach, who seems like a guy who's pinky finger knows more about football than I ever will, always seem to forget he has the leagues leading rusher on his team. Last week in a similar 4th down he decided to ignore his star running back and put everything in the hands of his slightly better than average to fairly good quarterback. It worked last week, and failed this week. Dallas has been bailed out by so many interference calls near the ends of games over the years that they now just throw it up there and expect a touchdown or an interference call. Exciting to watch, but if I were calling the plays and had a 4th and short, I'm handing the ball to my league leading running back, or at least using him as a decoy with some play action or something.

Oh well. Don't think I'll watch the Colts-Bruncos game. since it doesn't really matter one way or the other.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/11/15 5:56 p.m.

In reply to T.J.:

Oh, you're missing out. Indy +11 over Denver currently....

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/11/15 6:19 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Turns out the game is on CBS and that is the one network I don't get, so I could only watch it at my neighbor's house (they are in California until May) or watch it online. Oh well. I guess I can hope that potato head Peyton throws a touchdown (or two) to the Colts defense.

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AbDOQiipRMLkoIPw4Iymtegj9hrs9Z9dXGigY3vAzH48SlIZvWxIsbIgATbN0rCk