Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/15 6:30 p.m.

He's not throwing touchdowns to anyone.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/11/15 6:32 p.m.

In reply to T.J.:

Den scored a field goal, as did Indy....still +11 Indy with sub-5min left in the 4th. Very deserving since there have been a few dirty Den plays....

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/11/15 6:53 p.m.

On to Brady, we're bound to dial up his pasty arse sooner or later. Sooner would be better than later.

Seattle should beat the packers, but who knows.

Keith Tanner
1/11/15 6:55 p.m.

Go Packers

Tebow has a better record as a Bronco in the postseason than Manning does. Sheesh.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/11/15 7:06 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: Yep the Cowboys got totally hosed. And I'm very satisfied by that.

absolutely … anytime the cowgirls lose I'm happy …no matter how it happens

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/11/15 7:07 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

But Tebow was defective .

Manning is still one of the best, but I think Indy had the stronger complete team tonight.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/11/15 7:08 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Go Packers Tebow has a better record as a Bronco in the postseason than Manning does. Sheesh.

I was re-posting this elsewhere .. and someone called me on it … Peyton has 2 victories and Tim has one

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
1/11/15 7:44 p.m.

Man I wanted the Broncos to win late as I think that team sucks, and would be a much better match up against my Patriots!!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/15 8:55 p.m.

Packers are going to catch Seattle with their heads up their butts 1 too many quarters and win. Indy will put up a fight, but get a Gronking to remember.

Brady/Rogers Super Bowl would actually be pretty exciting.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/11/15 9:29 p.m.

Best weekend of football in a lounge time. Even the Panthers/Seahawks game was not sealed until that late pick 6.

So what have we learned:

1. Dallas: Live by the tough calls, die by the tough calls.

2. Green Bay: Even with Rogers leg (which I think probably hurts, but he's a good enough pure passer to overcome it), they're a pretty complete team. Enough to beat Seattle? In a shootout, yes.

3. Seattle: Insane defense, good enough offense. Sherman is a monster and Wilson can extend plays, but aside from that they're rather ordinary on O. Need to keep it close to win. They kept Carolina from scoring, despite the Panthers dominating time of possession. That's their model.

4. Denver: I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a huge Peyton Manning fan. I would have loved to see him win another ring before he retires. I think he'll probably come back, but I also think it'll be a farewell tour and his window has likely closed.

5. Indy: Holy crap they looked good.

6. New England: They simply operate on a higher level than anyone else in the league in almost every phase. For them to lose means they have to make mistakes, and their opponent has to be aware enough to capitalize. They make the best halftime adjustments of any team in the league. A 14-point deficit at halftime is essentially a tie for Brady and crew.

Bottom line for me is think there's no bad SuperBowl combo from these four teams, and you can make a strong case for any of the four winning. I think New England, not Seattle, is probably the class of the field at this point, though.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/12/15 6:15 a.m.
Javelin wrote: Packers are going to catch Seattle with their heads up their butts 1 too many quarters and win. Indy will put up a fight, but get a Gronking to remember. Brady/Rogers Super Bowl would actually be pretty exciting.

if Brady's calf is well … but if the reports are true … actually a torn calf muscle … it might not be as good a game as one could hope for …. I really won't be surprised if it's Seattle

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/12/15 6:21 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: Best weekend of football in a lounge time. Even the Panthers/Seahawks game was not sealed until that late pick 6. So what have we learned: 1. Dallas: Live by the tough calls, die by the tough calls. 2. Green Bay: Even with Rogers leg (which I think probably hurts, but he's a good enough pure passer to overcome it), they're a pretty complete team. Enough to beat Seattle? In a shootout, yes. 3. Seattle: Insane defense, good enough offense. Sherman is a monster and Wilson can extend plays, but aside from that they're rather ordinary on O. Need to keep it close to win. They kept Carolina from scoring, despite the Panthers dominating time of possession. That's their model. 4. Denver: I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a huge Peyton Manning fan. I would have loved to see him win another ring before he retires. I think he'll probably come back, but I also think it'll be a farewell tour and his window has likely closed. 5. Indy: Holy crap they looked good. 6. New England: They simply operate on a higher level than anyone else in the league in almost every phase. For them to lose means they have to make mistakes, and their opponent has to be aware enough to capitalize. They make the best halftime adjustments of any team in the league. A 14-point deficit at halftime is essentially a tie for Brady and crew. Bottom line for me is think there's no bad SuperBowl combo from these four teams, and you can make a strong case for any of the four winning. I think New England, not Seattle, is probably the class of the field at this point, though.

agree with everything you said … except for Seattle's O being ordinary … and being Sherman and Wilson only … maybe I've bought in to the hype, but Marshawn Lynch is, to me, in a class by himself … the O line is good enough to get him started, and he then takes care of business on his own … he's the reason I think they'll beat Rogers and company … not that I'm pulling for them … just what I think will happen

it was a good weekend of football … anytime the panthers and the cowgirls both lose I'm happy

Ponder
Ponder New Reader
1/12/15 7:41 a.m.

In a friend of mine's household, he tells the kids they are not allowed to used the word "hate". The only two things they are allowed to hate are the devil and the Dallas Cowboys.

I didn't think my Colts were going to pull off the upset in Denver. VERY pleasantly surprised. Now I'm dreading the game in Foxboro. A LOT of bad memories have come from that place and only one or two good ones. But, hey, you never know.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/12/15 9:09 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: New England: They simply operate on a higher level than anyone else in the league in almost every phase.

I watched the Patsies game and I have to disagree that they operate on a higher level than everyone else in the league. They have zero running game and rely on passing the ball. I'd like to see them try to get almost 98% of their yards in the air against Seattle's D. 50 passing attempts in one game is a sign of a team that is playing catch up and has no solid running game, two things that don't correlate with a team operating on a higher level than the rest of the league. They looked like a pass happy offense and a lackadaisical defense to me. I wasn't impressed at all and that's why I posted earlier that my money is on the NFC winning the big game. Perhaps the Colts are for real, I haven't seen them play all season, so I don't know, but the Patsies are certainly not the top team in the league, at least based on their last game.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
1/12/15 9:48 a.m.

That's the last one, I promise.

Keith Tanner
1/12/15 9:52 a.m.

I have a feeling of inevitability about a Patriot/Seahawk superbowl. It could be a very interesting game, I think Seattle has an athleticism that's missing in a lot of other teams. I don't want either team to win the big game - my personal choice would be to have Green Bay take it - but if I were a bettin' man I'd probably have to go with the Patriots. Brady/Gronkowski is a tough combo to take on.

Hopefully Manning has another year in him, but the last half of this season sure doesn't look promising. Still, he's been "finished" before.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/12/15 10:00 a.m.

I liked some of the commentary last night on the Broncos/Colts game.

When the Broncos were 11 down with 2:30 to go: "They should go for a field goal now."

And then do WHAT, exactly? Math is hard?

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/12/15 10:17 a.m.
Ponder wrote: In a friend of mine's household, he tells the kids they are not allowed to used the word "hate". The only two things they are allowed to hate are the devil and the Dallas Cowboys. I didn't think my Colts were going to pull off the upset in Denver. VERY pleasantly surprised. Now I'm dreading the game in Foxboro. A LOT of bad memories have come from that place and only one or two good ones. But, hey, you never know.

Hope for frigid weather, Luck is 5-1 in games played sub 40 degrees....

Swank, they meant kick the field goal for an automatic 3 if they made it, and hope to god they could burn down the Vegas odds and get an onside kickoff recovery and manage to score + 2pt conversion.....all that just to tie.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/12/15 10:30 a.m.
yamaha wrote:
Ponder wrote: In a friend of mine's household, he tells the kids they are not allowed to used the word "hate". The only two things they are allowed to hate are the devil and the Dallas Cowboys. I didn't think my Colts were going to pull off the upset in Denver. VERY pleasantly surprised. Now I'm dreading the game in Foxboro. A LOT of bad memories have come from that place and only one or two good ones. But, hey, you never know.
Hope for frigid weather, Luck is 5-1 in games played sub 40 degrees.... Swank, they meant kick the field goal for an automatic 3 if they made it, and hope to god they could burn down the Vegas odds and get an onside kickoff recovery and manage to score + 2pt conversion.....all that just to tie.

Well, right... But 1) That wasn't going to happen, and 2) the smarter thing in that case would have been to continue the touchdown drive.

Ponder
Ponder New Reader
1/12/15 11:24 a.m.
yamaha wrote:
Hope for frigid weather, Luck is 5-1 in games played sub 40 degrees.... Swank, they meant kick the field goal for an automatic 3 if they made it, and hope to god they could burn down the Vegas odds and get an onside kickoff recovery and manage to score + 2pt conversion.....all that just to tie.

Thanks. I wasn't aware that Luck was that good in cold weather. That's something I suppose. The other thing is that the personnel on the Colts don't have as long a history as I do with the bad things that happen at Foxboro. Could be a good game.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/12/15 6:17 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: Yep the Cowboys got totally hosed. And I'm very satisfied by that.

yep … so now they know how it feels

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/12/15 6:21 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I liked some of the commentary last night on the Broncos/Colts game. When the Broncos were 11 down with 2:30 to go: "They should go for a field goal now." And then do WHAT, exactly? Math is hard?

touchdown and 2 pt conversion … you're right math is hard .. have you seen how to do Common Core arithmetic problems ?

edit: been away from the computer since this morning … Yamaha beat me to it

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/12/15 6:23 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
yamaha wrote:
Well, right... But 1) That wasn't going to happen, and 2) the smarter thing in that case would have been to continue the touchdown drive.

except if they failed to score the touchdown, they'd still be 2 scores behind …

and onside kicks do work sometimes (was it last week that a NCAA championship game turned on one team recovering back to back onside kicks… and scoring touchdowns each time ?)…

that late in the game and you need 2 scores… you gotta take one when it's "offered"

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/15 11:03 p.m.

Well now, that's one silly season. Fox is out of Denver, Del Rio will probably be coaching the Raiders. That SB window is closed now I guess. Sad, I really wanted to see Manning win another ring before retirement. He's going to end up being like Farve (greatest to only win 1), only hopefully without the drug-out retirement.

Also, Rex Ryan to coach the Bills?!? Guess he's not tired of being whipped by Belicheck twice a year.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/13/15 10:21 a.m.
Javelin wrote: Well now, that's one silly season. Fox is out of Denver, Del Rio will probably be coaching the Raiders. That SB window is closed now I guess. Sad, I really wanted to see Manning win another ring before retirement. He's going to end up being like Farve (greatest to only win 1), only hopefully without the drug-out retirement. Also, Rex Ryan to coach the Bills?!? Guess he's not tired of being whipped by Belicheck twice a year.

I think Fox out of Denver makes it more likely that Manning comes back for one more try. They secure their free agents, fill gaps at a couple more positions with guys who are willing to make a one-year deal for a chance at a ring, and bring in a coach personally approved by Manning and Elway.

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R4TjCMy8z7p8KS2yswVjID2GTP3lk3PqREOJxPAH3QiRAgmdfdHwtzcWnXs0cF9c