atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
9/9/08 12:29 a.m.

Awesome Site I discovered today to track Hurricanes!

http://www.stormpulse.com/

Hal
Hal HalfDork
9/9/08 8:16 p.m.

Nice find, one of the better ones I have seen. The feature of going back and looking at past storms is neat.

GregTivo
GregTivo Reader
9/9/08 8:22 p.m.

I prefer Wunderground. They have all the storm models and lots of other data (including a map charting past predictions against actual tracks). Its pretty neat. Oh, and Jeff Master's blog is cool.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/10/08 7:37 a.m.

Another vote for weather underground. I like being able to see the forecaster's notes along with the tracks and models. A lot of times they're not afraid to share speculation that turns out to be very accurate.

Margie

stumpmj
stumpmj Dork
9/10/08 10:19 a.m.

I just go straight to the source; NOAA

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
9/10/08 10:44 a.m.

No matter which one you look at, my weekend is going to be toast here in the Fort Worth area.

They've cancelled the autocross, my church lake get together, and my outdoor music music.

bummer!

amaff
amaff Reader
9/10/08 11:46 a.m.
atlantamx3 wrote: Awesome Site I discovered today to track Hurricanes! http://www.stormpulse.com/

A friend of mine sent me that site last week. It may not be the end all be all, but it's a great way to quickly get the information you need on any particular storm. I'm a fan.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/10/08 12:20 p.m.

I... like them all. I love the look of the stormpulse site and the interactive maps. I like NOAA radar and vast numbers of different satellite images. I like Wunderground and intellicast for local weather. Weather.com has a cool feature where you can affect the trasparency of the radar over an actual street map, which is neat.

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
9/10/08 1:29 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: my church lake get together

By the sounds of it, you might get exactly that, a church in a lake... So, as we say around here, God willing and the river don't rise...

jl1rp
jl1rp New Reader
9/10/08 1:58 p.m.

I'm with Hal on this as it being a good site.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/10/08 10:11 p.m.

All very cool sites, but what I'd like to see is a way to overlay the various model runs over each other at different times and see which ones started changing when. Like, is there anywhere we can overlay the 8am model runs against the 11pm runs? Then see what the storm actually did based on what we thought it was going to do?

Hmm

jg

GregTivo
GregTivo Reader
9/10/08 10:12 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: All very cool sites, but what I'd like to see is a way to overlay the various model runs over each other at different times and see which ones started changing when. Like, is there anywhere we can overlay the 8am model runs against the 11pm runs? Then see what the storm actually did based on what we thought it was going to do? Hmm jg

wunderground has a model verification, which shows models at various points in the storm's history. You might check that out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xeW70TCxfHeJrPEpN2XEUHoR1iCM7FGPaqQn0zQ1nH3Y5eBdsZLZRnhsS8PP183C