1 2
Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
8/19/13 1:33 p.m.
oldopelguy wrote: If I still had my ex-wife's Stratus I would gladly pay to have the battery installed. It's behind the bumper, and the drivers front wheel has to come off to get to it.

If they have factory wheels and not some monstrosity you am can squeeze it out by turning the wheel full left I think to open the panel and the full right to work the battery out. Those, plus headlights and batteries on vw small cars we wouldn't do.

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry HalfDork
8/19/13 8:00 p.m.

I used to work in one of those places. I got pretty good at changing batteries in customers cars. Some days in the winter, my fellow countermen and I would change atleast a dozen in 8 hours, sometimes more. I had a small tackle box of tools that would fit in my back pocket and I could swap a battery out in less than 5 minutes if everything went right.

There were more than a few people that got their neighbor to jump start their cars just to get them to the parts store so we could do a warranty swap. People will do desperate things just to save a buck.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/19/13 9:41 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: the only cars that i've ever owned that i would let one of those minimum wage counter guys install a battery on would be my 93 and 94 Luminas... it would probably take them a half hour just to find the battery..

meh. 13 and 15mm for the brace from the core support to the strut tower, 10mm for the washer reservoir, and then you get to the battery.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wQAEdU3hJKCpmnH1248OfuDnoYFCj9JRXimGn2sZ42jrVllZ64b7bhGal7940787