BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
6/25/10 12:02 a.m.

Ive got a 1:34.649 at Road Atlanta.

And .2 faster with a Dino I gave to my friend NMFK that you saw tonight

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
6/25/10 12:48 a.m.

Ok, thanks. Ive gotten my Fairlady down to 1:41 without really going all out, so i should tweak it and go with that.

Right on.

ChesterRumble
ChesterRumble New Reader
6/25/10 2:21 a.m.

Ugh.....I totally forgot tonight was the night to race!

Someone needs to keep me updated to the minute about this stuff. I get sidetracked when someone tells me there is a bar that has $1.50 Busch Light cans on random nights...I mean every night of the week!

racerfink
racerfink Reader
6/25/10 8:10 a.m.

Re-engineering some cars this morning. Ran a 1:32.7 with one of them at Road Atl. Still a couple more cars to go.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/25/10 8:17 a.m.
racerfink wrote: Ran a 1:32.7 with one of them at Road Atl.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That's movin'. I built a Z last night after the festivities were over, and my best lap times are just slightly ahead of my 914 in the mid 1:36 range (although they do it very different ways).

What is the mystery devil car in the 1:32s? Do tell.

jg

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
6/25/10 8:22 a.m.

Let me guess, fink

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
6/25/10 8:32 a.m.

Good racing last night, gents.

I managed to find the grass on the first corner at Road Atlanta (I wasn't alone, either!) but clawed back up to 2nd thanks to attrition. At (Mazda Raceway) Laguna Seca I drove straight off at turn 3, was in last, but found my way back to 3rd. The new Lotus setup is glorious on a long straight, but the Skyline I used for the 2nd race was nearly as fast and much easier to drive. I'll bust out the 510 next.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
6/25/10 8:33 a.m.

Well, it's not the 510, that's for sure. That thing needs some serious help. So far my best in that is a 1:35.1. I'll still try a few different things, but for a car that absolutely DOMINATES as an AWD swap car, in RWD form at C425, it kind of falls flat.

And I'll just add, it's not a Lancia, Bob. Havn't built one of those to spec yet.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/25/10 9:28 a.m.
Tom Heath wrote: Good racing last night, gents. I managed to find the grass on the first corner at Road Atlanta (I wasn't alone, either!) but clawed back up to 2nd thanks to attrition. At (Mazda Raceway) Laguna Seca I drove straight off at turn 3, was in last, but found my way back to 3rd. The new Lotus setup is glorious on a long straight, but the Skyline I used for the 2nd race was nearly as fast and much easier to drive. I'll bust out the 510 next.

Pretty sure I joined you in the grass, but didn't manage to claw back up. Connection flaked at Laguna Seca and I had to just spectate.

My 510 is now a show car... building something else for next week. Don't worry, it won't be fast.

JG Pasterjak
6/25/10 11:03 a.m.

Did we ever answer the race tire vs. street tire question? Is it anything goes under 425PI or anything goes under 425PI without slicks?

jg

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 New Reader
6/25/10 11:05 a.m.

Huge bummer, I have to be out of town the entire next week.... so unless my Hotel has wifi then I might miss it :( will bring the xbox just in case

ZOOMX5
ZOOMX5 New Reader
6/25/10 11:08 a.m.

Hope I'm up to speed on the league now. Anyone else run the Dino? I think I have mine ready, PI of 425, 2.4L with a tune for grip. Top speed is 153. Not very GRM but it's only a game. Got a friend request from oldtin so maybe I can race with you guys next thursday.

Ran a 01:39.928 at Laguna Seca, seems to be the best I can tune out of it with my limited skills.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
6/25/10 11:26 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: Did we ever answer the race tire vs. street tire question? Is it anything goes under 425PI or anything goes under 425PI without slicks? jg

I built my cars for a 425PI, some have slicks and some don't. The Elan turned much faster laps around Road Atlanta and Road America with level 2 tires than slicks.

I hope I didn't bust the rules...

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/25/10 11:39 a.m.

no, I built my cars with slicks. There are only three rules...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
6/25/10 3:14 p.m.

Slicks do wonders on my Z, but i will have to test out some level 2s now that i hear they may turn better lap times.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
6/25/10 6:03 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: no, I built my cars with slicks. There are only three rules...

Well, four now...

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
6/25/10 7:19 p.m.

1:32ses Ughh. I know I'm not as fast, but last series with an equal car I could usually manage within a sec or two of racerfink - 4-5 secs off tells me I've got the wrong car and/or my tuning skills are lame. After last night - thinking my driving skills are kinda weak too

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 New Reader
6/25/10 7:25 p.m.

I'm almost a second off Fink, I was playing around with my tune today and closed the gap.... gonna mess with it a little more later on

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
6/25/10 7:47 p.m.

What tuning has been helping people out? Anyone gonna share their secrets??? Untill someone is ready for a midnight race series, im thinking S-F Drifting, ill be out of this series. Damn 2nd shift...

Marty!
Marty! Dork
6/25/10 9:00 p.m.

If you got to http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/3577649.aspx it will help a lot.

My Fairlady is at1:41 at RA right now and I can't get any faster yet. Getting the proper tire temps even across the tread and front to back is the best tuning so far.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
6/25/10 9:13 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Well, it's not the 510, that's for sure. That thing needs some serious help. So far my best in that is a 1:35.1. I'll still try a few different things, but for a car that absolutely DOMINATES as an AWD swap car, in RWD form at C425, it kind of falls flat. And I'll just add, it's not a Lancia, Bob. Havn't built one of those to spec yet.

aww, darn. I promise you that was all the car.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
6/26/10 6:13 p.m.

Any Saturday and Sunday races??? I don't think my car is running along side yours. If everyone ran a perfect race, i would be ohh... one minute behind. Lets make sure the timer is set to more than a minute!

JG Pasterjak
6/26/10 6:44 p.m.

I'll be around some tonight and I'd be happy to run some tuneups. If I don't respond to an invite, don't get offended, though. Once the box goes on it pretty much stays on all night and I tend to wander off from time to time.

jg

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/26/10 8:52 p.m.

Anyone have any Silverstone times yet? I do, but I am afraid they are too newbie to post.

2:15 and change.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
6/26/10 9:41 p.m.

Ill hit up Silverstone in a bit after some Fusion drifting.

1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dE9S2o2wiroqhVqhjStKeAogNIt5fbj8nOlKely0xbD5XH7DUfZ7NTtplQDscuHW