1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 43
maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
7/1/10 9:26 p.m.

I am not sure how the later group will work out. Someone will have to write down times or something to figure out standings. I am pretty sure, I will be losing mass quantities of points.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
7/1/10 9:33 p.m.

If they save the replay, then post the replay to their storefront, you can go in and look at the overall time. Then use the overall time to rank the finishers.

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
7/1/10 10:49 p.m.

Sorry, was doing yard work with the kids and lost track of time - it was 9:30 before I realized it. Next week...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
7/1/10 11:28 p.m.
pigeon wrote: Sorry, was doing yard work with the kids and lost track of time - it was 9:30 before I realized it. Next week...

Dont do yard work with the kids. Tell the kids to do yard work.

ZOOMX5
ZOOMX5 New Reader
7/2/10 12:03 a.m.

I tried unsuccessfully to join a party with N Sperlo and Oldtin. My Xbox has a good internet connection, don't know what the problem is. I wasn't in town at 9:00e anyway, maybe next time...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
7/2/10 2:22 a.m.
ZOOMX5 wrote: I tried unsuccessfully to join a party with N Sperlo and Oldtin. My Xbox has a good internet connection, don't know what the problem is. I wasn't in town at 9:00e anyway, maybe next time...

Be sure to add me as a friend. We will make sure this doesnt happen again. It was a good night and i have kept score. We even did some racing afterward with some SUVs, F class cars, and Falcons.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
7/2/10 9:44 a.m.

I'm still not sure how I eeked out a 9:28 in a Range Rover on the Nürburgring... heh

racerfink
racerfink Reader
7/2/10 12:22 p.m.

Hopefully, in Forza 4, they figure out a MUCH faster way to make video from their game. This took nearly four hours, so a lot got left out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37c6v57eEiQ

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
7/2/10 12:34 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
pigeon wrote: Sorry, was doing yard work with the kids and lost track of time - it was 9:30 before I realized it. Next week...
Dont do yard work with the kids. Tell the kids to do yard work.

They're not quiet old enough to run the gas powered string trimmer and blower, but they're good for pulling weeds and trimming bushes with a small pair of bypass pruning shears. Soon enough they will be old enough that I can "retire" completely from that job though.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/2/10 12:35 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Hopefully, in Forza 4, they figure out a MUCH faster way to make video from their game. This took nearly four hours, so a lot got left out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37c6v57eEiQ

And now also here.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
7/2/10 12:58 p.m.

sorry tom, didn't quite work...

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
7/2/10 1:27 p.m.

If you go to : http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forza/

you can click on the video link yourself...

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
7/2/10 3:20 p.m.

Ahh, so that was what was happening way up there. Diggin the stunt driving.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/2/10 3:29 p.m.

Link fail. Fixed now!

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/2/10 3:55 p.m.

Great video! Thanks for doing that!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/2/10 4:07 p.m.

Definitely a cool video. (Makes me wish I'd spent some time on the livery of the Elan.)

Marty!
Marty! Dork
7/2/10 7:10 p.m.

Sorry I missed last night I had to report to work at 10:30. Will definitely try to make it next week and rock the Gulf liveried Dino. I will be sending out friend requests to everybody on the list so if you see something from Marty DMB that's me.

Unrelated, I wanted to try to do Keith's Targa and see somebody else beat me to it - they did a pretty good job too.

My goal this week is now to try to figure out a way to design Tom's Warbird. Some aspects of it should be easy but I think the hood art will be extremely tough to do it justice.

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
7/2/10 7:16 p.m.

I have started to do Keith's Miata a couple times but getting the curves on the red and blue correct kept defeating me.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/4/10 4:22 p.m.
Marty! wrote: Sorry I missed last night I had to report to work at 10:30. Will definitely try to make it next week and rock the Gulf liveried Dino. I will be sending out friend requests to everybody on the list so if you see something from Marty DMB that's me. Unrelated, I wanted to try to do Keith's Targa and see somebody else beat me to it - they did a pretty good job too. My goal this week is now to try to figure out a way to design Tom's Warbird. Some aspects of it should be easy but I think the hood art will be extremely tough to do it justice.

I've got a half-assed start, but haven't even begun to tackle the hood. The tiger teeth on the chin were a PITA also. I'm happy to send pics if you need anything in detail.

Which reminds me...we should have a Miata spec class too someday.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/4/10 4:25 p.m.

Also, the standings as compiled by N. Sperlo are now posted to grassrootsmotorsports.com/forza. Thanks for coding that!

Anybody interested in a late-night race session tonight?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
7/4/10 4:50 p.m.

I am up for something this evening. I think, in honor of the 4th, we should run a class of pony cars. maintain the same rules as the spec class, but scrap the 2.5 liter rule.

I already know what I am going to use. What time are we running?

racerfink
racerfink Reader
7/4/10 7:27 p.m.

I've already got a Spec Miata class built for the guys over at the Spec Miata forum. I'll post it to my Storefront. It's E 269, but it still runs pretty fast compared to the real thing. I've run a 2:34.7 with it at Sebring, where as the Spec Miata record for Sebring is 2:36.8.

Marty!
Marty! Dork
7/4/10 7:34 p.m.

Cool If I'm around I jump in or I'm sure my boy might want to play too.

Here's a rough go at the Warbird, I still need to tweak a few things - especially with the rivets and the teeth behind the wheel. I haven't even started the hood yet. Maybe this week I'll get it done.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
7/4/10 7:57 p.m.

Here's the specifics from our thread on the SM Forum.

Engine and Power

Air Filter > Install the "Street Air Filter"

Exhaust > Install the "Street Exhaust" Your new PI number should be F188 after these mods.

I installed these items because the stock horsepower of the Miata in the game is 127. I am assuming this is flywheel horsepower, and figuring that the best SM motors make 125-130 to the wheels, and I chose to add a couple of mods to try and equalize them (plus, the stock miata in the game is a little slower on lap times than a real sm on tracks I have compared them too) so if you add 10% to 127 to make up for driveline loss it makes the horsepower 139.7, and adding these modifications brings the horsepower to 139 (which might be what sm motors are making on an engine dyno without driveline loss). I don't know exactly how I figured this out, so if it sounds wacky just go with it.

Platform and Handling

Brakes > Install "Street Brakes" Your new PI should be F189

Springs and Dampers > Install "Race Springs and Dampers" This mod allows full adjustbility (needed to allow for the proper setup later) Your new PI should be F193

Anti Roll Bars > Install "Sport front anti roll bars" and "Sport rear anti roll bars" Your PI should remain F193

Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage > Install the "Race chassis reinforcement and roll cage" Your new PI should be F197

Weight Reduction > install "sport weight reduction". I know this does not match up to what a real spec miata has parts wise, but look closely at the weight of your car with this mod, it is 2201. Add in the average (lighter than most of us) driver and this is just about right for a 94, which is 2350 if I remember correctly.

Drivetrain

Clutch > Install "sport clutch" Your new PI should be E201

Tires and Rims

Go to "Rim Style" all the way to the right first, go to the Team Dynamics wheels and install > "Pro Race 1 or Pro Race 2 (Pro Race 2 is 3lbs lighter)

Front Rim Size > Upgrade the Front Rim Size to the first option to the right which will give you a 185/55/15 wheel (don't worry, the tire size will be 205-50-15 later)

Rear Rim Size > Do the same as the front

Front tire width > install the second option to the right which is "205-50-15"

Rear tire width > do the same as the front again

Tire compound > install the second tire choice to the right which is "sport tire compound" (these are DOT legal spec tires according to the description)

After all the mods your new PI should be E269 (sorry, forgot to document each PI increase)

Suspension Tuning

The only thing that needs to be spec here is the spring rates, which should be 700 in the front and 325 in the rear. The ride height, alignment, and tire pressures are open to your adjustments, just as in real life, and the only other adjustment that is available is the damping, which I suggest we leave alone to eliminate complications.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/4/10 10:33 p.m.

I love that Spec Miata formula. Time to build!

Oh, and ^^that^^ version of my car is way better than mine. Awesome!

1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UhRlMkHeT75VdT1yxCq9sQql6CTl4zKBAcsUEVGyLaPLWMRrw8wdc2XdIZNIzatR