1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 43
Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
7/14/10 4:33 a.m.

I was playing with setting up a distance scored race (you set a time and score it by the distance traveled) and the stupid thing kept scoring backwards. ie the person who drove the furthest came in last...

Is this how we are going to score tomorrow? Did I screw the setup somehow? Anyone know how to fix it?

racerfink
racerfink Reader
7/14/10 5:48 a.m.

Under Advanced Settings Bigger is better: Yes

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
7/14/10 12:59 p.m.

Great Thanks! Should we force off the "racing line" for the nurbergering ?

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/14/10 1:47 p.m.

I'm with Tom in that the "racing line" makes up for the lack of peripheral vision. I say leave the thing on unless you want a reeeeeaaaallll boring race.

jg

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/14/10 2:27 p.m.

Does anybody have the latest results for series points? A cool video from recent races (league or otherwise) that they'd like to share? Other "unofficial" races they'd like to schedule?

Send them to me and I'll put them on the Forza page.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
7/14/10 3:25 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Yeah, the difference in the ride height between front and rear on the Alfa makes it a tough car to set-up. There's something like a 1.5" difference. I had to really be careful getting on the gas, otherwise it wouldn't transfer weight fast enough and get very loose.

And all this time, I thought it was just me!

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
7/14/10 3:26 p.m.

I will send you what I have when I get home tonight

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
7/14/10 3:46 p.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado:

Hmm, explains at least part of why the backend gets so loose - especially since i've got a twitchy thumb . The backend likes to move around a bunch at high speed too. Time to play with ride height and spring rates.

For the line - just having the braking line on for me is worth about 5 secs at the ring (unless I flip the alfa - then it's worth about 10 secs.), but I typically race with no assists/manual with clutch so whatever you guys decide.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
7/14/10 5:36 p.m.

Those of you who are successful in your endevors of creating a race style, be sure to save the etup so you can load it quikly. Less time for us to get drunkk between races.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
7/15/10 1:07 p.m.

N Sperlo, I think you are going to need to host the West Coast game tonight. I am going to be too busy to mess with the Xbox.

Marty!
Marty! Dork
7/15/10 3:23 p.m.

I'll be on the EC tonight rockin' a Gulf liveried Dino, finally gots me a headset too!

Tom, did you get my reply e-mail?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/15/10 3:38 p.m.
Marty! wrote: I'll be on the EC tonight rockin' a Gulf liveried Dino, finally gots me a headset too! Tom, did you get my reply e-mail?

I did indeed. Thanks! I haven't been on the Xbox yet, but your efforts should be noticed in the next issue. I'm still amazed by what people can accomplish with the graphic tools in Forza.

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
7/15/10 4:08 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: I'm still amazed by what people can accomplish with the graphic tools in Forza.

I'm amazed people can accomplish anything with the graphic tools in Forza, I messed around for 15 minutes before becoming irritated. I may be a quitter though.

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
7/15/10 7:03 p.m.

Woohoo, I finally threw together what I believe to be a reasonably competitive 914/6!

Look for me tonight, it looks like the one we restored in the magazine.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
7/15/10 7:58 p.m.

Are we gonna have to have 2 rooms for the East Coast tonight? Quite a few new names in the gamertag thread.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
7/15/10 8:16 p.m.

I cant promise to host. I dont know that ill be able to get on. Goin out of town shortly after work tomorrow and i need to pack and hook up the CB and HAM in the lil travelin car. Tripple the milage of the truck.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
7/15/10 8:47 p.m.

I'll be on with the west coast crew tonight. I can host if N Sperlo or Capt Slow can't make it Colonel Tommy is my tag

racerfink
racerfink Reader
7/15/10 9:27 p.m.

Well, THAT was certainly disappointing! Wish I would have saved that replay to show my quick barrel roll coming out of the right hander before the second carrousel. Proabably should have stayed out on track and just dealt with the damage. That 20secs. in the pits cost me the win...

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
7/15/10 9:45 p.m.

Same spot I put the alfa on it's roof a couple of times

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/15/10 10:03 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Well, THAT was certainly disappointing! Wish I would have saved that replay to show my quick barrel roll coming out of the right hander before the second carrousel. Proabably should have stayed out on track and just dealt with the damage. That 20secs. in the pits cost me the win...

For a 30 minute race it was still pretty exciting—at least for Tom and I. And it was pretty cool that it still came down to the last 30 seconds for the top three spots.

jg

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
7/15/10 10:14 p.m.

What were the game rules you guys had set up? 30 minute distance, bigger is better, c class, pre 1975? Anything else?

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
7/15/10 10:16 p.m.

sorry I had to split from the EC group. I had to drop off the doggy at the doggy-sitters.

I will definitely be on for the West Coast....

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
7/15/10 10:22 p.m.

Dammit, I wish I was not still stuck at work :(

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
7/15/10 10:36 p.m.

Looks like bcbrownell (platinum90) has a lobby set up

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
7/15/10 10:39 p.m.

yep. I do... Ya'll are invited.