1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 43
maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/6/10 9:17 p.m.

FriedGreen, Send me a friend request, I could not find you on XBL. It won't let me type anything in that long.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/6/10 9:43 p.m.

I think that's too many points for me (col tommy). 3rd at RA 5th at NY 2nd at Atlanta 3rd at Sunset

24pts total?? Still surprises me. Guess it's just different fast guys blowing me away.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
3/8/10 1:27 a.m.

In an effort to help organize some of the info on this thread I put together the worlds ugliest website...

no really its hidious, but at least it gets everything in one place.

http://sites.google.com/site/f3tarl/home/spec-itr</a

I really just wanted to play with the google sites interface for a while and I figured this was as good as an excuse as any.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/8/10 7:19 a.m.

Thanks Captain...it needs a little work, but it's a start.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/8/10 9:53 a.m.

Berkelying awesome of you Captain

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
3/8/10 9:50 p.m.

Thanks guys, it was fun messing around with website building. As is obvious I know jack squat about putting websites together, the google sites interface makes it pretty easy if a bit clunky/overly limiting.

It looks like I was the only person who could see the spreadsheet I had inserted into the page, I have fixed that now.

Maroon, If you are interested PM me and I will make you an admin...

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/8/10 9:57 p.m.

oh my. The GRM forum names to XBL gamer tag conversion chart helps tremendously. I am really bad at names anyway, and when you add to the fact that they are fake names, it complicates matters further.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
3/9/10 1:51 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: FriedGreen, Send me a friend request, I could not find you on XBL. It won't let me type anything in that long.

Oh, man...I forgot. It wouldn't let me make a usertag that long, either. I abbreviated.

friedgrncorrado

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
3/9/10 1:55 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: oh my. The GRM forum names to XBL gamer tag conversion chart helps tremendously. I am really bad at names anyway, and when you add to the fact that they are fake names, it complicates matters further.

Yeah, major respect to Cap'n Slow!

Brad, you'll laugh at me..there's some guy in Russia using "Maroon92" wondering why on earth some Forza player sent him a FR..

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/12/10 8:49 a.m.

Everyone Ready for tomorrow? I am going to be spending the evening practicing. I have to work on Saturday, but from the time I get out to the time the race starts, I will also be practicing.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
3/12/10 8:51 a.m.

I'm going to miss another week; I'm running in the Dixie National Tour autocross, so I'll be in Georgia and really far away from my xbox.

If I have a couple weeks like my first, I might be able to catch up...

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/12/10 8:59 a.m.

Driving a real car > video. Have fun - take pics n video.

Got in a few laps at Sebring - slow & messy probably good Tom can't make it.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/12/10 12:21 p.m.

Sebring is my home track, and I've been going there since '88, and racing there since '91. Looking forward to tomorrow night!

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
3/12/10 12:26 p.m.

I will try to be there.

Though tomorrow looks pretty nutso to me: between working, running my daughter around, and trying to go look at a sail boat with my father, I am not sure if I will be free by 5:00 for the race...

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/12/10 2:27 p.m.
Tom Heath said: I'm going to miss another week; I'm running in the Dixie National Tour autocross, so I'll be in Georgia and really far away from my xbox. If I have a couple weeks like my first, I might be able to catch up...

I am in Georgia, you are more than welcome to come and use my X-box...then maybe i could take advantage of your tuning expertise.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/12/10 4:57 p.m.

Other than tire pressure, there's nothing to tune though. And that can be found from watching the replay.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/12/10 5:15 p.m.

What's a decent lap time for Sebring (club) for the itr?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/12/10 5:20 p.m.

Okay, here is the good question, how does everyone do their launches? A good start in a spec class is necessary.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/12/10 5:35 p.m.

for me 3,000 rpm - let go of the clutch and try to feather the throttle, but I'd take racerfink's advice over mine since he keeps getting the line on me into the first corners.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
3/12/10 6:16 p.m.

Last race some of the assists I had on were not what I was accustom too. I had assumed my preferred assists settings had been over ridden to keep things uniform until EVERYONE ditched me at the launch of the oval track.

I am still not sure what the settings were or how I managed to screw them up but, but I lost my manual transmission and I am pretty certain that traction control was on.

Traction control is not the hot setup for a good launch in this game...

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/12/10 6:38 p.m.

I always make the races completely open on the settings. I don't mandate any particular setting (especially the automatic).

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/12/10 7:34 p.m.

I run no assists at all, manual without the clutch

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
3/13/10 11:52 a.m.

Since I have switched to manual with clutch I prefer to use the anti lock brakes I don't have enough brain cells available to navigate all the button mashing required to modulate brakes properly and shift with a clutch.

Captzib had good advice for manual with clutch once you remap the buttons its manageable.

Oh I will also turn on the line for tracks I am unfamiliar with.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/13/10 5:48 p.m.

one hour from go-time!

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/13/10 5:56 p.m.

Just a little heads up: If you havn't played FM3 since last Tuesday, there's a title update you'll have to load in order to play online. Takes less than five minutes to do, but it HAS to be done, otherwise, it won't let you play against us online. So don't wait until 7:58 to turn on the 360 or you might not make the first race!

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MWHo5lhGtE61Y6UC0BTTSAidwimwxNuCKLBqs09le14c6BFRbWJ9Mf43LlV4O4D4