1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 43
Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
3/18/10 10:53 a.m.
racerfink wrote: I ran all three cars, the 2007 Mustang GT500 (how many have the DLC 2010 GT500?), the 2010 Camaro, and the Dodge Challenger, all in stock form, around Sebring for a few laps. I was able to run consistent 2:23.0's with both the Chevy and the Dodge, but the Mustang was an absolute handful. Best I could get out of it was a 2:25.5. It's certainly not from a lack of grunt. It just doesn't stop or turn well.

What about the regular 'Stang GT with appropriate upgrades? DLC cars would limit availability for some folks.

Since it's a long race that's bound to be affected by attrition (and require a pitstop), maybe a "run whatcha brung" format with a maximum performance index would be easier. After all, first place and last place have the same cash payout.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/18/10 12:28 p.m.

The regular Stang GT is an '05 model, and starts off in D class. The only DLC car I mentioned in my post was the 2010 GT500, because it doesn't seem like the '07 GT500 can keep up without some serious upgrades. I just got done running the '10 GT500, and ran a 2:22.5 with it. It helps that it has 540hp to make up for such terrible handling and brakes.

If everybody wants to make it American RWD 2dr coupes, B500 class, I'm fine with that too.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/18/10 8:21 p.m.

I already have a Camaro at B500...

It is a Handful!

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/18/10 8:41 p.m.

Mine is at 495, but all the upgrades were on brakes tires and suspension instead of powah. Just "feels" like trying to get a barge to handle. If that's remotely accurate - bleh.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
3/18/10 10:36 p.m.

I tried a couple of setups tonight; Sebring is a real thorn in my side. I go off at turn 6 a lot. When I can remember to look ahead I got a 2:22.9 in a b500 Camaro but I literally went off course on more than half of my laps. Remember the mantra- it's better to brake 6 feet to early than 6 inches too late.

If you can spare the time, try playing with the anti-roll bar and tire pressure settings. You could also search the storefront for somebody else's tune; there are b500 setups for free for any of the pony cars in question that you might like.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/19/10 1:27 a.m.

So far the best I've eked out is a 2:23.5 (mostly a second and a half slower). Can't seem to find my way around the last corner - I keep pushing too much speed into the first third of it and have to back out when I should be on the gas. I miss the revs of the Integra.

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
3/19/10 9:31 p.m.

Count me in for tomorrow. I'll work on a build tonight. American, RWD, B500, correct?

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/19/10 10:41 p.m.

I guess that's what we're going for. Seems like there may only be three of us though...

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/19/10 11:56 p.m.

I'm in but stuck about a second or two a lap behind you.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/20/10 9:21 a.m.

Less than 2 hours away. Make sure you have fully charged batteries ready to go!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/20/10 9:47 a.m.

I won't be making it. My girlie has the day off, so Sebring is on the DVR, and we are having a day out....shopping and whatnot.

(I get to shop for car parts and new tires for my new rims!)

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
3/20/10 10:23 a.m.

I'm ready to go with an '04 GTO. racerfink, it looks like you're going to check out, but looking at the leaderboards, I may be able to hang with Tom and some of the others.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/20/10 10:33 a.m.

That time on the leaderboard was set with a AWD version of the Challenger. The RWD version is almost 2 secs. a lap slower. The race settings will be set to North American region, United States, RWD, Front Engine, V8, B class. I'm thinking that running with LIMITED damage will be the way to go. That way, you can still limp to the pits for repairs if something happens, and we still get the tire and fuel wear, so we'll need at least one pit stop.

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
3/20/10 11:07 a.m.

Nice thing about LIMITED damage is it's still full sim damage except for aero. Even with being 2 seconds slower that's still about 2 seconds faster than anyone else on my friends list. I'm good to go, Speed is on break for NASCAR qualifying, let's do eet.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/20/10 1:40 p.m.

1 1/2hrs. of Sebring results

1st racerfink 2009 Dodge (AAR Plymouth Cuda) Challenger

2nd Colonel Tommy 2010 Sunoco Chevy Camaro

3rd Griffin 729 2004 Shell/Grassroots Motorsports Pontiac GTO

Could have used more human opponents out there, as the AI drives like crap. Plus, they all cheated anyways, by running M3 GTR's, which is clearly against the American RWD 2 door V8 rules.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/20/10 1:45 p.m.

If you think you're mistakes add up on 10 laps - 35 laps - well multiplies the opportunities.

ansonivan
ansonivan Reader
3/20/10 6:55 p.m.

Looks like you guys are having too much fun, still waiting for used copy's of the game to drop below $30.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/20/10 7:45 p.m.

I got mine for 40 shipped on e-bay....there are some decent deals out there.

35.90...getting close.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
3/20/10 10:24 p.m.

Hey, sorry I missed y'all..or maybe not. I woke up about 10:40 (missed the 12hr start, but finally got some sleep), and just wasn't ready to run for an hour and a half at 12. Besides, I found an online link from someone streaming the European feed (evidently, Speed kept feeding vid from Sebring to Motors TV), and could actually see the race while the NASCAR stuff was on cable.

In widescreen. With Radio Le Mans commentary. Until our corporate overlords ruin the internet, I'll never watch cable again!

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/20/10 10:48 p.m.

Due to connection issues, we didn't start until almost one, and I watched the speedtv.com webcast while I raced.

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
3/21/10 9:48 a.m.

Racing was good. I sucked. By about lap 25 I was turning consistent 2:26's, but that is still 4 or 5 seconds a lap slower than if I were running ABS and TCS, and 3 or 4 seconds slower if I just had ABS on. Meanwhile, racerfink turned a fast lap of what, 2:18? Next weekend I might be available for the Spec ITR race too.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/21/10 4:31 p.m.

I'm gonna be at the St. Pete Grand Prix on Saturday. The World Challenge race is scheduled to end at 6pm, which would make it EXTREMELY tight for me to make it back right at 8 for the first race at Laguna, if everything was on schedule at the race. No matter what, I should be around for the 2nd race.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/21/10 4:56 p.m.

picking up my challenge car saturday night - looks like I'm going to miss this round.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
3/22/10 12:20 a.m.

In reply to oldtin:

Heh, you're going to miss your only chance to catch racerfink in the points. And so am I..I'm back to work after my two Saturdays off.

Man, I can't believe how quick he is. Reminds me of my days racing IRL..

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/22/10 1:04 a.m.

There went my shot at a t-shirt. Wish I could stay close enough to him to learn something. I've run some of my fastest laps chasing him - it's helpful right up to the point he drives out of the sight line.

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mZDoMOfJtXD4u7IllACwo8XdMrjFnrOzvbbsV70KSZWT2pT7brXHqDqobFuDBjdM