friedgreencorrado Dork
3/22/10 1:21 a.m.

In reply to oldtin:

"Some say, he's the link between GRM world and Forza world..."

Racerfink's the Stig!

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/22/10 9:05 a.m.

Just a lot of time spent on virtual racecars. I can remember my mom bringing home a program for the Apple IIe we had. It was little more than a stationary, green blob of a car, with a moving line of dots on both sides of the car. You 'steered' the car with the left and right arrows. The "track's" were Silverstone, Knockhill, Brands Hatch, and some other UK tracks.

All the time I've spent running slot cars and r/c cars has helped with the "driving without using the seat of your pants" feel too.

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
3/22/10 1:58 p.m.

Turns out I'm not going to be able to make the ITR racing this weekend. I get to refinish the floors at the house. But, at least it's just the floors, paint two of the bedrooms, and wait for the water softener/ drinking water system to be installed and we can move in. And fink I've spent a lot of time in virtual race cars too, but damn you ARE fast. You are typically 2 or 3 seconds a lap faster than I am on most tracks on the leader boards. B class Sebring you are 5 seconds faster than I am.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/22/10 6:26 p.m.

Yeah, I am going to be at this weekend, but someone else is going to have to take over the reigns on April 3rd. My folks + the SO and I are going to Tybee for the weekend. Haunted Pub Crawl in Savannah FTW!!!

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/23/10 10:00 a.m.

I would say that I would be willing to host, but Griffin and I both had troubles trying to host the 1 1/2hr race this past weekend.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/23/10 10:10 a.m.

I should be able to host on the 3rd. Just make sure you're on my friends list (colonel tommy)

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/26/10 1:17 a.m.

17:41.895 Laguna Seca

26:11.918 Road America

Won't be there for Sat. but thought I would post up some 10 lap times for grins. Definitely not my best

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/26/10 2:08 a.m.

17:23.150 Laguna Seca second try

25:54.034 Road America second try

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/26/10 6:33 a.m.

Well, it's raining in St. Pete, and the doc was telling me I've got to take it easier, even though it's been a month since the hernia surgery. So I'll be there for both races on Sat.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/27/10 7:02 p.m.

Anybody gonna race?

racerfink
racerfink Reader
3/27/10 8:08 p.m.

Well, only two of us racing. Me and my buddy Cheeto23 ran Laguna Seca at about 8:20 He led for a few laps, then went wide, and I took over from there, and that's how we finished.

In the 2nd race, another friend of mine joined in, but he ran a bone stock ITR. I led from start to finish, Cheeto23 2nd, and Mr Dragonhawk finished 3rd.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
3/27/10 10:53 p.m.

Just saying, the split class races are excellent fun

racerfink
racerfink Reader
4/2/10 7:09 p.m.

Bumping from page four.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
4/2/10 8:13 p.m.

I really wish I could be there tomorrow. I had to miss last week....

oldtin
oldtin Reader
4/2/10 9:53 p.m.

I did a few practice laps on the NY circuit - wasn't pretty

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
4/3/10 1:08 a.m.

In reply to oldtin:

I absolutely hate New York. Hated it in 2, hate it more in 3.

How do you make a miserable course even worse? Add chicanes!!

Bah, I'm just biased against street courses. IMO, the only reason they exist is because the organizers want to ride on the coattails of Monaco's "prestige", or that the locals are too berkeleying lazy to drive out to the race track.

I suppose I should also mention that I knew Jim Fitzgerald. A lot of us here in the northern corner of SEDIV SCCA stopped working street courses after his death at St. Pete. I guess the "flip side" of some of these games being so accurate is that they bring up some bad memories sometime..

http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/Fitzystatue1.jpg

racerfink
racerfink Reader
4/3/10 11:10 p.m.

Well, Tommy and I had connection issues on a major scale tonight. I don't know if anyone else tried to run. So, either we can try to run this again next weekend, or Tommy and I can post our overall and fastest lap time.

I saved my replays. Just need to clear out some space on my storefront so I can post them on there.

N. Y. Full Overall- 12:25.995 Fastest lap- 1:12.950

Sebring Full Overall- 24:57.182 Fastest lap- 2:27.712

Josh
Josh Dork
4/3/10 11:26 p.m.

We really need to set up a weeknight series for this. Now that summer (and racing season) is fast approaching in the northeast, I don't imagine I'll be home in front of the TV on any Saturday evenings. Seriously, whoever picked the time for this thing picked the worst one possible for steady attendance, outside of normal working hours.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
4/4/10 12:12 a.m.

10 lap times since we couldn't connect up... 13:21.641 for NY not as messy, but slow

25:33.053 for Sebring full

oldtin
oldtin Reader
4/4/10 12:52 a.m.

Hey I feel pretty good about my Sebring times. My fastest ever on NY was 1:13.2 - (not this race) but then made a mess of my car on the next lap. I hate that course. I think there's only one more race for this series - weeknight sounds good - I'll need weekend time for real cars very soon.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
4/4/10 8:13 a.m.
josh said: We really need to set up a weeknight series for this. Now that summer (and racing season) is fast approaching in the northeast, I don't imagine I'll be home in front of the TV on any Saturday evenings. Seriously, whoever picked the time for this thing picked the worst one possible for steady attendance, outside of normal working hours.

I asked 3 times in the beginning when people prefered to have it, and nobody said anything, so I made it when it was most convenient for me.

if people want to change the day, lets have a vote on it.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
4/4/10 4:29 p.m.

There are worse things in the world than having a "drop-in" league on weeknights to compliment the Saturday night races. Run weekday, saturday, or both. Only Saturdays count for "the championship" if you like.

I originally thought Saturday nights would be perfect, but have only been able to make one night so far. I might have better luck on a weekday, especially if it's after the young 'uns go to bed. (9-9:30 EST.)

racerfink
racerfink Reader
4/4/10 5:35 p.m.

One of the forum boards I race with has had their best turn-outs on Tuesday nights. Usually get full rooms, whereas we only get five at best on the weekends.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
4/8/10 7:42 p.m.

There's a new XBox Live update out now, and one of the things it allows you to do is use up to a 16GB USB thumbdrive in each USB slot on the front of your 360, to store content on. Games, Arcade games, saves, and video's, can now be saved on these devices. It does need some room on the memory, as it has to format the device, but still, this will keep me from having to buy a 120GB hard drive!

racerfink
racerfink Reader
4/10/10 4:28 p.m.

So, who all is showing up? Are we gonna do the races from last week, or are we moving on? Inquiring minds want to know!

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uZMKi0fin5lh769JTml78WgNPccS5Y78YnUHywIoGbIJO1ZLK59E7NJ1nCNIUpBP