1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 65
rainydave
rainydave New Reader
12/19/12 9:54 a.m.

I'm hoping his gun control task force is as effective as his deficit reduction task force.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
12/19/12 10:04 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
N Sperlo wrote:
fasted58 wrote: FOX News is reporting President Obama will create a gun control task force. that's all
Of course they are. that's all
This could be a good thing. "form a committee" is a common delaying tactic. It can allow the fervor to die down so decisions are not made at the peak of emotions.
It's actually a great thing. USA made gun sales and parts are about to skyrocket. Barak Obama: The worlds best gun salesman.

Well, sucks for me. I've been in "load up" mode this year, and was about to make a couple big purchases. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit for prices to drop now...or start sellin'.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
12/19/12 10:05 a.m.
rainydave wrote: I'm hoping his gun control task force is as effective as his deficit reduction task force.

Keep politics out man, unless you want to disappear and end up under a patio in Florida.....

Congress level would fail, but if anything happens it'll be by executive order. It can happen, but I don't think they want to cripple one of the few industries that hasn't been effected by the recession.

rainydave
rainydave New Reader
12/19/12 10:33 a.m.
yamaha wrote:
rainydave wrote: I'm hoping his gun control task force is as effective as his deficit reduction task force.
Keep politics out man, unless you want to disappear and end up under a patio in Florida..... Congress level would fail, but if anything happens it'll be by executive order. It can happen, but I don't think they want to cripple one of the few industries that hasn't been effected by the recession.

Good point.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/19/12 10:51 a.m.
poopshovel wrote:
N Sperlo wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
N Sperlo wrote:
fasted58 wrote: FOX News is reporting President Obama will create a gun control task force. that's all
Of course they are. that's all
This could be a good thing. "form a committee" is a common delaying tactic. It can allow the fervor to die down so decisions are not made at the peak of emotions.
It's actually a great thing. USA made gun sales and parts are about to skyrocket. Barak Obama: The worlds best gun salesman.
Well, sucks for me. I've been in "load up" mode this year, and was about to make a couple big purchases. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit for prices to drop now...or start sellin'.

I doubt it will actually go through. It's a double edged sword. Obama is likely to look at it the same.

Threaten a ban, sales skyrocket. Actually ban, and the dealers have a limited amount of time to sell what's left which will make them much more likely to play with prices in order to move product before the ban unless they have a post-ban-eligible buyer lined up.

Now lets look at it realistically. How many grandfathered assault rifles will there be? Not enough to make a ding in ownership. I doubt a ban will happen. This may help speedup Illinois ccw program.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
12/19/12 11:04 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

Unfortunately all of mine were lost in a boating accident recently, so I don't have any to turn in.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
12/19/12 11:41 a.m.
Strizzo wrote: In reply to kazoospec: Unfortunately all of mine were lost in a boating accident recently, so I don't have any to turn in.

Lake Michigan's entire bottom must be covered with guns.......our standard response is the same here. What guns?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
12/19/12 12:03 p.m.

In case no one has noticed, sales of firearms has already spiked, especially AR based ones.

I was watching Liz Wiehl and Kimberly Guilfoyle on Fox the other night. These chicks know their guns, unlike most reporters.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/19/12 12:09 p.m.

Nancy Grace on Aug: "Thats a gangster gun!"

Really, Nancy? Last time I checked, most agencies around me switched to it. Not the ATF, though. They switched from it to the Glock. Kind of reverse...

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
12/19/12 12:19 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
Strizzo wrote: In reply to kazoospec: Unfortunately all of mine were lost in a boating accident recently, so I don't have any to turn in.
Lake Michigan's entire bottom must be covered with guns.......our standard response is the same here. What guns?

Wow, that's um . . . too bad. Somehow I see this happening a lot over the next couple of months.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
12/19/12 12:25 p.m.

Yeah, one of the local stores here that ALWAYS has a large inventory is completely sold out of any EBR's. The place is empty.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
12/19/12 12:29 p.m.

A co-worker was at Academy Sports here and there were dozens of people trying to buy ammo. There were two poor souls working the counter.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/19/12 12:33 p.m.

I went into a local gun shop yesterday. It was packed and everyone was holding an assault rifle or pistol.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
12/19/12 12:36 p.m.

Sad but true.....worst case I'll finally become a reserve officer like I've been threatening to do for years. Then I can purchase everything at LEO cost thats banned by any AWB.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/19/12 12:45 p.m.

I've got some .223 ammo at the shop if anyone is so desperate.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
12/19/12 12:48 p.m.

$10 per round naturally

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
12/19/12 12:55 p.m.

stopped by the new range near the house.....they're not sold out yet, but there are some bare pegs on the wall.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
12/19/12 1:11 p.m.

Local shop normally:

Local shop this morning:

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/19/12 1:11 p.m.

I stopped at Walmart on the way to the range last night. They were really low on ammo.

Ojala
Ojala GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/19/12 1:20 p.m.

I can't believe how the value of my AR platform rifles are going up! Makes me glad I saved all of the gimme mags that I got at tac schools over the years.

I can get a Colt 6920 with everything for just under $1000. I think I should get a couple for the investment if nothing else.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
12/19/12 1:24 p.m.

Collector forearms here in town was packed and nearly every sales guy was holding a buyers info sheet and waiting to call in a background check

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
12/19/12 1:31 p.m.
Ojala wrote: I can't believe how the value of my AR platform rifles are going up! Makes me glad I saved all of the gimme mags that I got at tac schools over the years. I can get a Colt 6920 with everything for just under $1000. I think I should get a couple for the investment if nothing else.

If "no transfer" passes, they will be a poor investment

Ojala
Ojala GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/19/12 1:48 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

Probably for the best- I would have a tought time convincing my wife I "need" another gun when I already have identical personal and guba-ment owned guns.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
12/19/12 1:57 p.m.

Instead of taking away the precious "hunting" rifles away from everyone, let's take one of the common talking points to fruition. Arm more people. But instead of giving a rifle to any jackhole that applies, bring in armed and armored National Guard...everywhere.

I need to feel safe for myself and family. People need to feel safe by having their own armory in the bedroom. I think the tradeoff is a Military State. Gun owners get their right to bear arms and I get my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The gov't also gets to apply their #1 priority, protecting it's citizens.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
12/19/12 2:09 p.m.

I think you'll find that the overlap between the private gun owners and the national guard troops is pretty large. Even where there's not overlap, there is a good chance that everybody knows everybody; same community, frequenting the same ranges, shopping at the same places.

I hope this helps you sleep better

1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 65

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7KBVMJ8gYSMR1OblYBnDJk35AS3PAhLGFDiGAjIBy1HUqeW917G5GDCWSrUI24Mx