1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 65
Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
1/2/13 12:58 p.m.

Yep.... apparently I'm not his type. He likes the thin, tan and good looking guuys. I'm none of those!

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/2/13 1:02 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Strizzo: I don't like tactiqueers, but, I see their choice as protected, just as my right to make fun of them for it is.....

+100

N Sperlo wrote: In reply to JoeyM: You really don't like people who modify to their weapons to their own specifications, do you?

Depends. Mostly, I dislike FPS gamers....actually, most gamers.

Get off my lawn!!!!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/2/13 1:07 p.m.

I'm pretty loud. You can probably hear me from the curb...

Oh, and by the way, the new CODBO sucks.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
1/2/13 1:23 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
Beer Baron wrote: In reply to oldsaw:
Article Linked Above said: It’s not easy being a leftist who loves guns.
Seems that he and I are in much the same situation.
Ditto. Funny thing is, I've heard a lot of leftist banter in support of gun rights. The is a broad understanding around here that those of us carrying are keeping the crime rate down, because criminals have to assume everyone use carrying. I really don't see these gun bans going through *at all*. /brokenrecord

+3. If I had more money, my gun collection would be funny. But mostly because I'm old military brat so my interests lean more towards military guns; rifles and such. I have little interest in pistols other than a few WW2 and Civil War era guns.

All of this is totally the reverse of my g/f, who is pretty much a Foxnews Republican, but absolutelty has no use for guns whatsoever. So when issues like these come up, she just puts her head in the sand and ignores them.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/2/13 1:27 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: I'm pretty loud. You can probably hear me from the curb...

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/2/13 1:28 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

They've sucked since WaW.....

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/2/13 1:51 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Strizzo: I'm still more accruate with my 60yo OFmossberg than most of those 10-22's owners ever will be. I don't like tactiqueers, but, I see their choice as protected, just as my right to make fun of them for it is..... That said, I want an eotech on top of the FAL I'm building. Chances are, besides the m14 long flash hider, that will be the only thing added to it. No light, no laser, no forgrip, no bipod, etc......Guess I'm not a yuppie.

with the stock barrel, yes, they are really hit or miss as to how good the chamber will be. mine was marginal when cold and then would be all over the page (like 2" groups at 50yds) once the barrel warmed up. my $99 walmart special savage mk2 was more accurate out of the box. thats since changed with the Green mountain match barrel, lighter trigger and bolt work on it. only thing left on it that is original is the receiver, and a couple other ancillary things. it shoots better than i can now.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/2/13 2:25 p.m.

The shooter is more than the gun........that said, I might not be able to hit the target as fast with the bolt, but it will be just as accurate. I forgot to mention the mossy is an old target rifle. Peep sights, medium contour barrel, adjustable objective fronts. If I want primer striking accuracy at 100yds, I'll get the .17hmr out.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/2/13 4:23 p.m.
yamaha wrote: The shooter is more than the gun........that said, I might not be able to hit the target as fast with the bolt, but it will be just as accurate. I forgot to mention the mossy is an old target rifle. Peep sights, medium contour barrel, adjustable objective fronts. If I want primer striking accuracy at 100yds, I'll get the .17hmr out.

this is true, however i'm no gun vice.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/2/13 6:21 p.m.
Ian F wrote: All of this is totally the reverse of my g/f, who is pretty much a Foxnews Republican

Dear sir,

We have invented a product for you.

Sincerely,

Ball gag manufacturers of America

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/2/13 8:54 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
JoeyM wrote: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robert-farago/breaking-illinois-bill-to-ban-all-modern-firearms/
More news about the potential ban of all semi-automatics in Illinois http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robert-farago/breaking-new-details-on-illinois-modern-firearm-ban-bill/

Well, the hype and speculation are over. Here is the actual text of the Illinois gun ban bill, and the separate magazine cap bill.

BTW, they both are out of committee

TTAG said: Both Illinois HB1263 (banning various firearms) and HB815 (regulating the bejesus out of magazines and shooting ranges) have passed out of a Public Health hearing (I swear) by a vote of 6 – 3. Before passing HB1263, the Committee added a sixth amendment. According to its dictates, firearms specified in the bill (e.g. a semi-automatic rifle such as the ones shown above only with longer barrels) must be registered with the Illinois State Police within 240 days of the bill’s passage, at $10 per gun ($15 for a .50). If the owner sells an “assault rifle” to an out-of-state buyer, the former owner must provide the State Police with the buyer’s name and address.
Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/2/13 9:59 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

They slapped the governors hand last time when he tried to slip similar text into another bill when he vetoed it. Hopefully they haven't forgotten how silly it was then and still is now.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
1/2/13 11:15 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote:
Ian F wrote: All of this is totally the reverse of my g/f, who is pretty much a Foxnews Republican
Dear sir, We have invented a product for you. Sincerely, Ball gag manufacturers of America

Maybe the BGMoA has anal plugs for those who attempt to mess-up a thread?

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/3/13 2:32 p.m.

Illinois Democrats have pulled the two bills banning assault weapons and magazines with capacity over 10rds.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/daniel-zimmerman/breaking-illinois-democrats-pull-gun-control-bills/

buuut, now NY is proposing a ban and confiscation with no grandfathering, and making possession of an AW a felony 1, same as rape 1 or manslaughter 1.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/foghorn/breaking-new-york-legislature-to-introduce-bill-making-posession-of-awb-firearms-a-felony/

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/3/13 3:00 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: buuut, now NY is proposing a ban and confiscation with no grandfathering, and making possession of an AW a felony 1, same as rape 1 or manslaughter 1. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/foghorn/breaking-new-york-legislature-to-introduce-bill-making-posession-of-awb-firearms-a-felony/

Wow.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/3/13 10:22 p.m.
TTAG said: “Norway, Finland, Slovakia, Israel and Belgium were the top five nations suffering the most, per capita, fatalities from rampage shootings during the preceding five years.” http://www.rampageshooting.com/
N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/4/13 8:51 a.m.
thetruthaboutguns said: Also note how they illustrate their complete and total lack of understanding of firearms and how they work (“spray” bullets my ass…)? Yeah, that’s the level of misinformation and ignorance that we’re up against.

Fantastic. Make yourself sound like an ass while your writing an article. You'll make this like you're trying to legalize marijuana. "Hey, maaaan. Could you, like, sign my petition?

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/4/13 10:51 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
thetruthaboutguns said: Also note how they illustrate their complete and total lack of understanding of firearms and how they work (“spray” bullets my ass…)? Yeah, that’s the level of misinformation and ignorance that we’re up against.
Fantastic. Make yourself sound like an ass while your writing an article. You'll make this like you're trying to legalize marijuana. "Hey, maaaan. Could you, like, sign my petition?

Me-"No I don't want to sign your petition, but I do support legalization and taxation"

Stoner - "Like thats not, totally not cool man"

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/4/13 10:56 a.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Exactly my response every time.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/4/13 11:53 a.m.

IL bills are going to be back in play, this time on sunday, sneak attack style

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robert-farago/breaking-illinois-modern-firearms-ban-bill-back-in-play-on-sunday/

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/4/13 11:59 a.m.

berkley

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/4/13 12:47 p.m.

How much ammo and many guns have been sold recently I wonder?

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/4/13 12:56 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic:

Probably close to 100k "assault weapons"(otherwise known as hunting and target rifles) since the CT shooting occurred. Mind you, that was in full swing by the time the election rolled around.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/4/13 12:59 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic:

Everything just about in .223 is sold out on midway, all of their lower parts kits are oos no back order, so I'd say "a lot"

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/4/13 1:02 p.m.

I walked past the ammo section in a local Wal-Mart and the only ammo that was in stock was .22, .40 and 20 gauge.

1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 65

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UVSCq0jM1CWFC3GOKCLDPGr5jihZ8gVZmBoJO2GeZXHGddeFdVMhEP1FH3hbexuG