1 2
logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/15 5:32 p.m.

One of the down sides of living on a dirt road in the country is that very bad people abandon animals, particularly baby ones.

I have been out of town since Labor Day for work and while I was gone my wife found 4 very underweight kittens in the road. Being that we are animal people (2 horses, 1 dog, 5 cats) she brought them in. She fed them, got rid of the fleas and found homes for 3.

The one that is left is by far the most affectionate and playful. My wife gets the same crazy look in her eyes with animals that I get with cars and I know this one isnt going anywhere, although she says she is still trying to find it a home.

I have been calling it Princess Beyonce, which is a horrible name but is a reference to the baby from one of my favorite shows "Rasing Hope" (plus it annoys my wife ). Obviously it needs a better one. So I throw it out to the GRM crowd, what would you name the little ankle biter?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
9/23/15 5:42 p.m.

Amy

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
9/23/15 5:56 p.m.

Looks like an Amy to me too.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
9/23/15 6:07 p.m.

I have a tendency to ask people to name any black cat "princes monster truck" after the big black Persian that was at a cat show a while back.

jstand
jstand HalfDork
9/23/15 6:21 p.m.

Dog food?

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/23/15 6:28 p.m.

India (as in ink, because she's inky black).

Margie

logdog
9/23/15 6:52 p.m.
jstand wrote: Dog food?

The kitten beats up our German Shepherd

jstand
jstand HalfDork
9/23/15 6:59 p.m.
logdog wrote:
jstand wrote: Dog food?
The kitten beats up our German Shepherd

So it would be like giving an NFL lineman the nickname "tiny".

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/23/15 7:16 p.m.

Panther

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager

Oh, and forgot to point out that you also need to change the thread title. You are coming up with names--that kitten IS going to live with you. :)

RossD
RossD PowerDork

Boost or Booster or Boostie We named our cat Nitro.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
9/23/15 7:20 p.m.

Name him after where he was found: Roadie! Rowdy Roadie Panther?

logdog
9/23/15 7:21 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: Oh, and forgot to point out that you also need to change the thread title. You are coming up with names--that kitten IS going to live with you. :)

She is still pretending to find it a home so I am still pretending I dont already know its staying.

I knew we were keeping it after about the 3rd picture she texted me.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
9/23/15 7:47 p.m.

Tox. Short for Tox O. Plasmosis.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/23/15 7:49 p.m.

Our cat is called motorcycle because the kids named him. But I call him miserable furball.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
9/23/15 7:56 p.m.

My Condolences.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad SuperDork
9/23/15 7:57 p.m.

Dark colored female cat..... Pepper is a cute name.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
9/23/15 8:20 p.m.

Dang, does that ever take me back.

Similar situation living in the country 35+ years ago w/ drop-offs. Was working 7 12s, coal black kitten shows up and 'adopts' me while sittin' on my porch. I brought her in as it was cold at night. She had the run of the house after that.

She'd curl up at my feet while I watched TV, after I fell asleep she'd be on my lap. After I was in bed she'd sneak in and curl up on my shoulder, purrin' all night long and make her way to my cheek. One lovable kitten there.

She disappeared for a few days, found her dead in the basement when I checked on the furnace. Dunno what happened, maybe she got into poison or sumthin'.

Never took in strays after that, never became a real pet person after that either. Never named her, prolly just Kitty. Dang, I miss her.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/23/15 8:24 p.m.

Lola

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/15 8:29 p.m.

We've been naming our recent cats after F1 drivers. Makes watching the races more fun. We have Sebastian Vittles (yes, Vittles not Vettel) and Jenson Button. Alonso is an outside cat who comes to visit occasionally.

But you can't force it. They'll name themselves.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/23/15 8:30 p.m.

Dark Knight or Dark Night...

Amy
Amy MegaDork
9/23/15 8:36 p.m.

I like the name Amy.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
9/23/15 8:38 p.m.

If she's like my old cats, she'll demand attention and wreck up a bunch of stuff. Maybe call her Danica? Perhaps Danica Catrick?

logdog
9/23/15 8:44 p.m.
Rufledt wrote: If she's like my old cats, she'll demand attention and wreck up a bunch of stuff. Maybe call her Danica? Perhaps Danica Catrick?

That is really funny!

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
9/23/15 9:28 p.m.

We have a Jenson, Cosworth, Elise and Lola. OK Elise is a Border Collie not a cat but you can see the pattern.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NYjnb8QexOtz8dz86r3YmCOBjsOcNZLJn7KSXpNweU8cqRUA0HFoIb7yPEuqEAjC