1 2 3
alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
7/25/24 9:27 a.m.

Can't express how sorry I am for your loss...  Cancer sucks, badly.

brandonsmash
brandonsmash GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/25/24 9:36 a.m.

That is a terrible thing. My condolences.

WilD
WilD Dork
7/25/24 9:41 a.m.

berkeley cancer.  You have my condolences.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/25/24 10:07 a.m.

This hits way too close to home(fiancée living with Stage 3 brain cancer), brings tears to my eyes and always puts me at a loss for words. We are all here for you no matter what you need to talk about, vent, rant, bitch, complain or whatever brings you some amount of relief. We will ALWAYS listen. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/25/24 10:07 a.m.

I am ungraceful at saying things that have already been said more gracefully.  However, I do offer on word of advice:

Continue!

In automotive terms (this is after all an automotive site) you have just been involved in a two vehicle crash.  Unfortunately, one of those vehicles has been totaled. But, your vehicle is not totaled.  Sure, it's gonna be a while before you hit top speed again.  Most importantly, keep that vehicle moving.  Sure, it will wobble going down the road, as expected but you'll eventually get the frame aligned...in due time.  Friends will help you fix it.  Don't expect it's just something you can repair alone.  

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
7/25/24 10:21 a.m.

In reply to JesseWolfe :

Oh NO!  Not what I was expecting when I clicked into this thread.

I'm sad to hear this and so very sorry for your loss.  She was so young, you must be devastated right now and probably a bit numb.  Take the time to rest and mourn her passing, then celebrate her life and memory.  Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. 🙏

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
7/25/24 10:21 a.m.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I wish I had advice to offer.  We have lost so many people at my church the past several months to cancer.   Something seems out of kilter.    

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/25/24 10:37 a.m.

In reply to JesseWolfe :

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Although sincere, I feel like these words are so inadequate.

This is painful to read. My hope is that by letting us share your pain, we can also share some comfort.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
7/25/24 10:42 a.m.

Dude, that is way too soon, not that there's ever a good time. I'm so sorry. Give yourself grace and time to grieve - be OK with being a mess.

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/25/24 11:11 a.m.

So very sorry.  May peace come quickly for you and good memories take precedence.  Please share some stories here if it will help.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/24 11:16 a.m.

In reply to JesseWolfe :

Losses like this resonate in your life forever. Please remember if things start to feel heavy that you reach out to family, friends, community or a counselor to help you lift the load. 

You are welcome to contact any if us. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/24 12:36 p.m.

Crap.  This sucks so much.  I'm so sorry.

What a beautiful soul taken so early.  Don't forget that being a complete mess is expected, healthy, and keep reaching out to us.  Sending love your way.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
7/25/24 2:47 p.m.

My deepest condolences, Jesse. I wish I had the words to ease the pain you must be feeling, but I don't. But, as John alluded, the world continues turning and you are still part of it....one step at a time, one day at a time, and one day you'll catch yourself smiling at the memory of her, because she'll always be there. We're all here for you if you need anything.

nlevine
nlevine GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/25/24 2:51 p.m.

So sorry for your loss. May her memory be a blessing.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/24 2:52 p.m.

There are no words adequate to express how sorry I am to hear this. I can't even imagine. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/24 5:04 p.m.

This is one of those five-alarm fires of grief where giving condolences feels like trying to put it out with a squirt gun. So hopefully all our squirt guns together make a difference.

My condolences, RIP sad

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/25/24 5:09 p.m.

Nothing but Love, Brother.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/24 5:48 p.m.

I'm so sorry you and your family's loss. This isn't supposed to happen, and won't be an easy time. Please remember to take care of yourself through everything that is going on.  This group has some of the best people to be around in times of trouble, so don't hesitate to reach out to anyone that's offered. If you need someone to talk to you can call or text me at five 16-29 ate-8716. 

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/25/24 7:47 p.m.

Condolences on your loss.
I wish I had sage wisdom to pass on from my experience, but sadly I don't. We are all different and deal with things in our own way, so find what works for you. Time does take away the worst of the pain.

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
7/25/24 9:10 p.m.

Jesse, I am so sorry for the loss of your lovely wife Kendra.  I'm just seeing this now, I can't imagine what you're going through.  Please know that all of us are here for you in this impossibly difficult time, please check in as you can.

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/25/24 9:23 p.m.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  

thedoc
thedoc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/25/24 9:41 p.m.

So horrible, no words can express.   So sorry

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/25/24 10:06 p.m.

berkeley I hate cancer 

I suck at these sorts of things but I feel for you and I hope for all the good you can get to offset such a tragic event in your life, and hopefully this thought brings you a little bit of happiness 

triumph7
triumph7 Dork
7/25/24 11:01 p.m.

A number of us here have lost spouses.  It sucks.  All I can say is, that with time, it will get better.  When all is said and done your life may even be better than before (hard to believe right now).  Just take care of yourself doing positive things like going to the gym, hiking, whatever you enjoy.  Avoid bad things, getting drunk or high won't make life better or change anything.

johndej
johndej UltraDork
7/25/24 11:09 p.m.

I've never met either of you but wish you the best in this time of pain. May the memories of Kendra live on with you and bring good memories. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
64jqvlJJ1ZDWJnqkXrnsXXfClEENbMh8eUdd5797XTzkn7I3LfPGdcPmjQKkwge5