1 2
dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
1/15/14 2:19 p.m.
Natedogg wrote: Glad to be a member here!

Nate, welcome. Those wheels suit your car very well, and I love the ride height. ("stance" is a bit of a dirty word around here. ;-) Your car looks awesome.

Xylaphobe
Xylaphobe None
1/15/14 2:39 p.m.

New Saturn user thread?!

First gen coupes are the best. Mine is a full obd2 converted obd1 chassis. The why of it is a long story, but its up and running now. Full poly bushing set, LW fly wheel, LSD, lowered on progress sport springs, upgraded rear sway bar, intake, and exhaust.

The swap from the donor (black) to the good car was quite a process.

Natedogg
Natedogg New Reader
1/15/14 3:47 p.m.

In reply to dculberson:

Thanks! They aren't exactly what I wanted, but they worked out well. I didn't want it too low because I had a hard enough time with my slightly dropped IS300 and the roads around here. I seem to have gotten more drop out of these Eibachs than most do, but that's as low as I would want to go. I'm not a huge stance fan either, but every now and then I see one that looks decent. Not something I would ever do though. Give me HP and good handling or nothing.

I see Adam chimed in here. Sup!

stevejr47
stevejr47
1/15/14 4:53 p.m.

Hey all, another saturn guy here to add some more plastic to the mix, here is my 2002 Saturn L200

alexofnazareth
alexofnazareth New Reader
1/15/14 5:10 p.m.

If I get my AMRs before winter is out, the car is getting lifted 5 inches.

lol

jere
jere HalfDork
1/15/14 5:23 p.m.
slipstreamconversion wrote: Hello there! My name is Darcy. I see that there are no place for introductions on this forum, which is unlike most other forums I usually use. It's a good place to get to know someone, so I figured I'd just post my own introduction thread in the most appropriate section. Moderators can move the thread to wherever if this was a bad spot. Or if I missed it, I apologize in advance. As I said, my name is Darcy, and I've been doing some browsing of these forums all day, and see that there are a lot of knowledgeable gearheads on here! I was motivated to join here, from the forum Sixthsphere.com . We had a new member join our forums just to see our For Sale threads (we have strict entry requirements) and he mentioned this website, and I'm all about joining new websites and meeting new car enthusiasts! I currently drive a 2001 Saturn SC2. Originally had a beige interior, so swapped the interior to black from a donor SC2 and SL2, raised the exhaust higher to conceal it (I like clean, not fartcans) and I have ST lowering springs, Saturn Ion Level 3 wheels, Hein 1/2" rear spacers, and a bunch of small stuff like a Saturn Vue auto-dimming mirror with temp and compass, double din stereo, Pontiac Torrent gauge cluster, yatta yatta. I also own a 2000 Saturn LW2 .... Thanks, - Darcy T slipstreamconversion

Note to self get one that already has a black interior I never really thought about the interior color on a car before but that black does look good.

Hope you guys enjoy the site, btw it's nice to actually get to see the pictures that go with the words

slipstreamconversion
slipstreamconversion New Reader
1/15/14 6:56 p.m.

In reply to jere:

Well I got the car for incredibly cheap. Can't really pick and choose. But to get an idea of how terrible it was (I hate beige interiors)

No thanks jeff.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/14 7:29 p.m.

I have no Saturns. But I do like what you guys are doing.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/15/14 8:27 p.m.

In reply to stevejr47:

I have one of those among my fleet

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
1/15/14 9:41 p.m.

Once again, excuse to post pictures of my past Saturns:

Just for the fun of it:

The best beater car, ever:

Rattling pile of undying E36 M3 (A Saturn will run a long, long time, and is still surprisingly quick with a blown headgasket and oil that is 95% coolant):

And of course, appliance mode, activate! This picture was taken 2ish years ago, and the car still looks exactly the same, and that is awesome.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
1/15/14 9:54 p.m.

Old school! I got this car for free in college and put another 70k miles on it:

This was my car for most of college and a few years afterwards. Sometimes I miss it, but the 2nd/3rd gen coupes kinda suck.

Lifting the outside tires? Weird.

This one died in an unfortunate way near Tail of the Dragon.

I should stop. This is kind of embarrassing.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
1/15/14 10:21 p.m.
Natedogg wrote: For many of us, modding a Saturn still isn't about just modding a cheap car, it's about what Saturn was as a company, their business practices, and their employee relations. When GM stepped in back in the late 90's and the UAW leaders started being babies, they wrecked it and ultimately brought on Saturn's demise. So besides being ridiculously reliable, they also had a good business behind it all. Darcy, tell them how many KM's you have on yours with nothing but regular maintenance.

Only GM products I've ever liked. It's a real shame Saturn got the axe.
This thread makes me want to look into a Saturn wagon again...

ZombieSOHC
ZombieSOHC None
1/15/14 10:56 p.m.

Since the invasion has begun...

I am Tony, I too am from Sixthsphere, and Omaha Nebraska before that. Been a gearhead all my life and I pride myself in being uh, different. I DD and autoX the snot out of a modified SOHC Saturn, that's what I mean by 'different'.

This is me almost going 'round. Great catch by the photog, on my GoPro, this moment of countersteer is a but a flash.

I also own a lightly worked over 88 Suzuki Samurai, and my wife's DD is an 07 ION Redline (with GM stage 2 tune on it). I also just picked up a 89 MR2 to restore/knock the rust off of while snap oversteering through walls of cones.

Anyway, love the mag, looks like the forum is our kind of place too!

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/16/14 5:15 a.m.

Welcome, you'll fit right in! My friend had an '02 VUE with the Ecotec/5spd and 280k on it, and I was really impressed with it. Love the plastic body panels!

jere
jere HalfDork
1/16/14 11:24 a.m.
ProDarwin wrote: Once again, excuse to post pictures of my past Saturns: Just for the fun of it: The best beater car, ever: Rattling pile of undying E36 M3 (A Saturn will run a long, long time, and is still surprisingly quick with a blown headgasket and oil that is 95% coolant): And of course, appliance mode, activate! This picture was taken 2ish years ago, and the car still looks exactly the same, and that is awesome. That's quite a nice herd of saturns. Love the wagons!
joeskoda
joeskoda New Reader
1/17/14 1:13 p.m.

Hey everyone, figured since there was already a saturn thread going I'd join in. Someone mentioned fast saturn wagons?

Boosted on stock motor for ~2 years mostly at 7psi where it made 217whp and I just sold it to my buddy in MD. I slapped on a boost controller and it's pretty quick on 9psi, I wouldn't doubt it could run high 12's with that set up if it had slicks. It was probably the most fun car I've owned and I always got great reactions from people whether they were good or bad haha.

I already miss the car and I'm sure I'll build another one in the future, just isn't in the works right now.

t25torx
t25torx Reader
1/17/14 1:56 p.m.
adamkob32 wrote: IMG_4450 --Adam

That's hot.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/14 2:23 p.m.

Hi, I'm quasimofo... err HalFast_Neon... wait Harold Thong... or was it John Brown?

Anywho.

Hi!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/14 3:22 p.m.

Stop it! Now I neeeeeed to build a boosted Saturn Wagon.

Get in my garage!

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
1/17/14 4:03 p.m.
stevejr47 wrote: Hey all, another saturn guy here to add some more plastic to the mix, here is my 2002 Saturn L200

I've come to the conclusion that Ion Redline wheels look good on anything.

If I buy another IRL, it'll be a completely stock red '05 comp package. I will set out to destroy SCCA's G-Street category as well.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
1/17/14 4:14 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Had to pull this one from the archives. The year is 2002 and while the SC2 wasn't dominant in autocrossing, this guy came in from out of town and absolutely slaughtered the ES field. Sneaky Saturns!

I read this in the voice of the narrator from The First 48.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
1/17/14 4:15 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve:

Does everybody know of my love for wagons or must I profess it again?

What a beauty, jeskoda.

Importsdontlikeme
Importsdontlikeme GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/21/14 12:23 p.m.

I suppose I will join the party! Coupe Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae97/importsdontlikeme/C7DE24C9-E8FF-40A4-9E20-75399A88E4C5-7945-00000DF6C1A53E4D_zpsd67466fc.mp4 Wagon just bought from Joe

siris
siris New Reader
1/22/14 12:20 p.m.

Back to the top with more another plastic Sh*tbox. Hello, my name is Siris, and I am also addicted to plastic wagons. My $350 pile of Tupperware:

This is how I got the engine home for the wagon.........

This is how I treat my Rubbermaid trashcan

Ass sag with close to 30 2x8x10's cut up in the back.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8fYKp3LPWOJn4pOgJhPan8Sxyv2T2NjD96WXmhL2HyHGDATUy8k9AOlHWoBiHNIa