JFX001
JFX001 Dork
11/13/09 3:42 p.m.

AMC, 8 PM EST.

Mad Max followed by Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior.

That is all.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
11/13/09 4:26 p.m.

Just remember to take a look at the speedo when Goose is racing along that road, and realize how it was filmed...

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
11/13/09 5:25 p.m.

I saw the promo yesterday. I am exited.

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
11/13/09 5:50 p.m.

Screw AMC and their twenty billion commercial breaks. Buy the DVD's, they aren't expensive. I own both.

Rumnhammer
Rumnhammer Reader
11/14/09 9:44 a.m.

In reply to ddavidv:

AMC is not as bad as FX on that channel it makes a 90 minute move into 3 hours and that is no joke.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
11/14/09 2:37 p.m.

meh it wsa still good being able to watch the original, it was the first time i got to watch it "in full" ever.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/14/09 3:25 p.m.

"What happened man?"
Goose: "I don't know man, I just got here myself"

One of my favorite lines from that movie. I have many favorites though, from both Mad Max and Road Warrior. Like the whole dialog about fixing up the rig.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
11/14/09 3:40 p.m.

Yeah, every time I see the part about fixing the bullet damage to the truck I crack up. Much paraphrased:

'It's got a cracked timing cover, there are teeth broken off the timing gears, there's a hole in the radiator core and there's a fractured injector line.'

'But what does that mean?'

'Twenty four hours.'

'You've got twelve.'

'Okay.'

Rumnhammer
Rumnhammer Reader
11/14/09 6:25 p.m.

In reply to Jensenman:

^ classic, I used to watch a very worn out copy on VHS back in high school almost daily of the road warrior, I actually know the entire movie word for word.

Who could forget, "The lord Humungus, warrior of the wasteland, the ioatola of rock and rolla.....

Chris Rummel

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/14/09 9:11 p.m.

I love those movies.

Tonight I watched "Love The Beast" on a flight. Bana showed the scenes from Mad Max where he's driving the Falcon. Took me back.

"I'm the Goose! Bigger than life and twice as ugly!"

"You can get through those cuffs in about a minute and a half. You can get through your ankle in 30 seconds." (paraphrased as I'm typing from memory...)

Duke
Duke SuperDork
11/14/09 9:16 p.m.
Rumnhammer wrote: AMC is not as bad as FX.

Not to mention that with FX you get the joy of commercial breaks that are twice as loud as the actual movie.

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
11/14/09 9:42 p.m.

WHAT? I CAN"T HEAR YOU! (FX commercial in background).)

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
11/15/09 7:03 a.m.

"We're really going to get it this time. He had his indicator on." "Shaddap!"

"Jesse, Jesse, Jesse....you've nawt gawt a sense of humah."

"Candolini wants his hand back."

Station agent: "Anything you say." Toecutter: "Anything I say. What a wonderful philosophy you have."

Rumnhammer
Rumnhammer Reader
11/15/09 8:20 a.m.

When I was in England last, I met a friend of my brother in laws. They are all into motorcycles and this guy was a spitting image of the Toecutter. I told him he reminded me of the Toecutter, and he now takes it as his nickname with pride.

+1 for the FX with the messed up sound, in fact the movies on FX all have the sound down really low so in order to watch the movie you have to crank the sound way up, then the commercials come on and blast you. I've just taken to avoiding watching movies at all on FX anymore.

Chris Rummel

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Reader
11/25/09 1:53 p.m.

So a month or so ago we bought a new living room set which included a new hi-def tv,and a "free" Blu-ray player. Well I don't want to replace my whole collection of DVD's,but thought it would be cool to buy a Blu-ray movie. Fast forward to last night,and I am sitting down after the kids were in bed,and my wife was at work,so I can watch the fresh new copy of Mad Max 2:The Road Warrior on Blu-ray. I had forgotten how much I loved that movie. So many good scenes that I had frogotten,and even though the acting wasn't the greatest I loved every minut of it.

I do have a question though. In the scene where Max goes to get the rig, I noticed the sound of the rig starting was odd. It didn't sound like a normal rig starting,but rather it sounded like an impact gun spinning when it started. Why is that,or was I hearing things,again?

Chris

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/25/09 2:00 p.m.

Yup, thats a compressed air powered starter you are hearing. Not as common as electric, but they are out there.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
11/25/09 3:33 p.m.

In both Mad Max and in My Science Project, they have bigass Weiand blowers that they "turn on". Is that hollywood, or was some kind of clutch used on these?

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
11/25/09 3:44 p.m.

The blower in Max Max was empty if I remember correctly, so it really didn't matter. Roots type blowers will free wheel apparently, but it would make for a bit of an intake restriction. I don't know if anyone has actually done it though.

Rumnhammer
Rumnhammer Reader
11/25/09 3:52 p.m.

In reply to aircooled:

If I remember correctly the supercharger on the old MR2 had an electronic clutch on it that would disconnect to reduce load at cruse, then reengage under load......any toyota fans confirm this?

Chris Rummel

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Reader
11/25/09 4:59 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: Yup, thats a compressed air powered starter you are hearing. Not as common as electric, but they are out there.

Thanks,

I guess that would make sense being out in the outback,and maybe not wanting to rely on batteries. As long as you have air pressure you can start the truck I suppose. I guess that could also fail as well,and you can't jump start it,so maybe it isn't such a great idea.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
11/25/09 5:28 p.m.
Rumnhammer wrote: In reply to aircooled: If I remember correctly the supercharger on the old MR2 had an electronic clutch on it that would disconnect to reduce load at cruse, then reengage under load......any toyota fans confirm this? Chris Rummel

Yep they did do this. I have known many people that have tried to figure out how to make something similar work for a V8 but its never worked. I know I would love to have something like that.

In the movie the blower case was empty and the carb was in there. However if you look at the scoop its an old (Scotts?) injection setup, kinda cool.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tYAFJlmYBvcdg9053Q6TLstz07mOo4TYrpcUkcZfkbRa8knfi6L836UStLh2lIyw