1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/3/20 9:52 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Hope it helps.

You could also do an assembly line with the Kazoo Kids where each person has a color to put on.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/5/20 6:05 p.m.

Got the 2nd "Green Jeep" painted and parked next to "Grandpa's cabin".  

In reply to kazoospec :

Wow, the level of detail on that Jeep, especially relative to the size, is just incredible!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/5/20 7:24 p.m.

Dude, you are making a nice layout. Way back near the start of this thread when you said waterpark, I was a bit skeptical, but you did a great job of pulling it off.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/5/20 8:18 p.m.

Thanks all.  Here's tonight's "moment of insanity".  My son thought "Grandpa's cabin" needed my dad's dog, Biscuit.  I couldn't find an acceptable one, so I carved one out of a chunk of styrene.  It's a little bigger than a grain of rice.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/8/20 6:25 p.m.

Kazookid2 wants me to build a "cottage by the river" for our neighbors (who are some of his favorite people).  Since their cottage has to be on "the right side of the tracks", I had to build a road and crossing.  I'll start on the actual cottage this weekend.  

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/9/20 9:13 p.m.

Today, I got the cottage "roughed in" and fitted to the layout.  

Recon1342
Recon1342 HalfDork
5/9/20 9:57 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Looking great! You guys are cooking right along. As an Uncle to five nephews on the spectrum, this makes me happy!!! 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/11/20 4:16 p.m.

Got the cottage painted, made some deck chairs and grill and painted up a few figures.  Just need the paint to dry and it's ready to go on the layout.  

EDIT:

Got it placed on the layout.  Also got a "fire pit" built.  

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/12/20 9:23 p.m.

Poured the pool today.  Also did some landscaping under the slide tower and added some more figures.  

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/13/20 11:28 a.m.

Today, I added some "moving water" to the waterpark.  I added "discharge water" to all three slides and a "water curtain" to the mushroom/fountain.  Also added some "waves" and disturbed water to the pool.

Once everything dries, I'll go back and highlight the waves and disturbed water with some pearl white paint.  The waves and water discharges are made of clear silicone caulking.  

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/1/20 8:56 p.m.

Long time, no updates I guess.  The good news is this is partially because of a return to work, partially because the weather has been better, so I've been working more outside and putting some miles on the Miata.  Lastly, it because I haven't had much that really seemed worth an update, but I have been working.  

My original plan was to leave the water park and train station "loose" until I was done along the back of the layout.  Unfortunately, the "pool" in the water park leaked a small amount of resin and it's now stuck down.  On to "plan B".  I decided I would go ahead and "integrate" both structures into the layout.  This requires multiple layers of sidewalks, parking lots, lawn, parking lot islands and roads.  Each layer kind of has to be poured, allowed to dry for several days and painted (as much for "sealing" purposes as color) before the next layer can be worked.  Because time has been limited, I've been working in smallish chunks as well.  Anyway, here's the progress so far: 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/13/20 9:14 p.m.

I'm still working, but at a MUCH slower pace these days.  I'm still working on "fleshing out" the block around the train station/water park.  

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/15/20 8:55 p.m.

While the groundwork is drying, I started work on a fictional "mini-mall".  It would take too long to explain, but it will eventually be based on a running joke between Kazookid2 and his favorite uncle.  

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/17/20 3:25 p.m.

Got some painting done today: 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/17/20 6:32 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Your scratchbuilding is turning out great!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/17/20 8:01 p.m.

Yeah, nice work. Meanwhile I still am waiting for the turnouts I ordered back at the end of February. I have my bench work and track plan ready, just can't do much without turnouts. I haven't worked on any of the buildings for about a month.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/20/20 9:58 p.m.

Got some interior work done on the mini-mall today:

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/24/20 8:42 p.m.

Current status: Lighted and put down on the layout.  

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/24/20 9:30 p.m.

This is amazing It's like your playing real life sim city..

Please make a small scale purple White Goodman for the gym.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/27/20 1:22 p.m.
nocones said:

This is amazing It's like your playing real life sim city..

Please make a small scale purple White Goodman for the gym.

Ask and you shall receive:  Gym Manager White Goodman and "Marketing Director", my recent college grad nephew Casey.  

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/27/20 3:39 p.m.

FB marketplace will be the death of me:

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/27/20 8:15 p.m.

Had a "Willie Nelson" evening.  Grass . . . lots of grass.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/29/20 9:26 p.m.

Pretty much finished: 

Just down the sidewalk, "Director of Marketing" hard at work.  

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
7/1/20 6:19 p.m.

Just what the doctor ordered:  Moar Power.  Collectively, these two pulled a 13 car train without breaking a sweat.  The SD40 is actually slightly stronger.  Anyone know if that matters?  They don't seem wildly mismatched.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XJR9iC7ZdcaFexUpnjsNvKaaxiH7to7L1Xx1Dq3DX5e4swvDtj63c6Q8AGRFvfF7