1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 ... 1755
stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/8/19 8:56 p.m.

Yes, the spelling mistake bothers me too.

stanger_missle
12/8/19 9:02 p.m.

stanger_missle
12/8/19 9:06 p.m.

Canhel
Canhel None
12/9/19 7:10 a.m.

It's really fun

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/9/19 8:46 a.m.
Jim Pettengill said:

Lord, I hate outlining in Word!

Outlining in Word works fine... if you do it the right way.  The problem is (like with almost all Microsoft products) is that there is more than 1 way to do any given task.  There's the right way, which works very well but is difficult to find and figure out, and there is the easy way, which fakes similar results but which will make you fight against the collateral damage for every further modification you make to that document.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/9/19 9:09 a.m.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
12/9/19 9:39 a.m.

In reply to bearmtnmartin :

Not saying I have or have not done this before...but local Pick N Pulls have started checking bags when leaving again and I had a handful of door clips I desperately needed to finish the door panels on my wagon. I sure as hell wasn't gonna pay the $15/each to BMW, buuttt I also couldn't find the price on PnP's website.

But, knowing how they have been as of late, I threw them on the counter and....they were free. They didn't care about them. I've had the same happen for some random small plastic bits.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't keep small bits in my pockets or in gloves or under all my tools or....

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/9/19 9:58 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/9/19 10:05 a.m.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
12/9/19 10:05 a.m.
Duke said:
Jim Pettengill said:

Outlining in Word works fine... if you do it the right way.  The problem is (like with almost all Microsoft products) is that there is more than 1 way to do any given task.  There's the right way, which works very well but is difficult to find and figure out, and there is the easy way, which fakes similar results but which will make you fight against the collateral damage for every further modification you make to that document.

The issue with Word is it is a WYSIWYG editor and it has piss poor visibility of the underlying format controls.  Unlike say... HTML, Markup, LaTeX, etc.

For people who want to control formatting really well, it sucks.  For people who don't want to deal with formatting at all, it sucks.  For people in the middle... it kinda works. 

Somewhat related article:  https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/03/wordstar-a-writers-word-processor/ 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/9/19 3:38 p.m.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
12/9/19 5:30 p.m.

Not sure if this is really a "meme" or not, but I lol'd.  Probably the only NHL stat I'd have a shot at:

Image may contain: one or more people

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/9/19 6:07 p.m.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
12/9/19 7:42 p.m.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
12/9/19 7:53 p.m.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/9/19 9:42 p.m.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/9/19 10:01 p.m.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
12/9/19 10:33 p.m.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/9/19 10:47 p.m.
ProDarwin said:
Duke said:
Jim Pettengill said:

The issue with Word is it is a WYSIWYG editor and it has piss poor visibility of the underlying format controls.  Unlike say... HTML, Markup, LaTeX, etc.

For people who want to control formatting really well, it sucks.  For people who don't want to deal with formatting at all, it sucks.  For people in the middle... it kinda works. 

Somewhat related article:  https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/03/wordstar-a-writers-word-processor/ 

Kinda why I tend to use WordPad or TextEdit (depending on the OS). If you can’t do it in RTF, you’re not writing words, you’re desktop publishing and you should use InDesign :)

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
12/9/19 11:39 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/9/19 11:47 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/9/19 11:56 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/9/19 11:57 p.m.