1 ... 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 ... 1733
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/14/23 10:14 a.m.
914Driver said:

I did that with my Corvette, but I'll be dammed if I can't find the picture! 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/23 10:15 a.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

A friend owned a Bitter. He described the driving experience as "whelming". 

But it looked good. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
8/14/23 10:42 a.m.

This is my life right now:

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/14/23 11:50 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

That is my life in Delaware.  Period.

They closed the single busiest, linchpin intersection in my town for a couple weeks.  The detours were huge, because of a train line that runs right through the middle of town.

One of the primary detours ran right through another major intersection that is under construction and already overloaded due to lane restrictions.

Still, its nothing like 2 summers ago when they closed all 3 bridges over the major creek at the same time.  That made for at least a 10-mile detour.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve HalfDork
8/14/23 1:22 p.m.
914Driver said:

I got this one in November 2021 in my Mazda3. I loaded up my parents in the car for the big occasion lol. It's up to about 170,000 now.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
8/14/23 1:26 p.m.

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/14/23 2:25 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I respect your thoughts but drink some of this and you'll realize that bourbon is just another whiskey.  Take note of the Millet.  I'd love to have a local source but I think you can get it up there.

I always thought you were more of a Malort guy.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/23 2:52 p.m.

After the first couple of shots, it won't matter anyway. 

Two Shots Of Vodka GIFs | Tenor

My Wrangler was metal AF   \m/  \m/

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
8/14/23 3:36 p.m.
Duke said:
eastsideTim said:

They closed the single busiest, linchpin intersection in my town for a couple weeks.  The detours were huge, because of a train line that runs right through the middle of town.

One of the primary detours ran right through another major intersection that is under construction and already overloaded due to lane restrictions.

Still, its nothing like 2 summers ago when they closed all 3 bridges over the major creek at the same time.  That made for at least a 10-mile detour.

ODOT is converting the east-west state highway near me to limited access.  There is already an interchange near the interstate to the west that can be used to cross over it.  The main road I use to get to the highway will eventually (2-3 years) have an overpass added to it.  They are adding another interchange east of said intersection.  Before finishing that interchange, they closed access to the main road on the south side of the highway about 2 months ago, while also doing some other work that has closed a parallel road to the east of me.   A few weeks after closing the intersection, they closed a road that parallels the highway on the south side that drivers were using to get around some of the mess in order to put a roundabout at an intersection.  A bit over a week ago, they closed a road that parallels the state highway on the north side for four months, to replace a bridge and shore up a hill.  Now, if you need to cross the state highway, you are funneled onto a single road to cross it, that in most cases has to be accessed via frontage roads full of businesses, that are now jam packed full of traffic.

All they had to do for this fiasco to not happen, was to not close off access to the south side of the intersection a ton of people used before finishing the new interchange to the east of us.

Edit:  Oh yeah, they are also doing construction work on the state highway/interstate interchange right now for some reason, even though it was completely redesigned/rebuilt a few years ago

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/14/23 3:53 p.m.

Oops, not a meme.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/14/23 5:04 p.m.
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) said:

Lil Battery Hold Down

Lil' Lubricant (I bought oil).

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/14/23 5:12 p.m.

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/14/23 8:27 p.m.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/14/23 8:34 p.m.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas HalfDork
8/14/23 8:36 p.m.

In reply to David Elfering :

"No gnus is good gnus." To quote Gary Gnu

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/14/23 8:37 p.m.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/14/23 8:38 p.m.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/14/23 8:41 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/14/23 8:42 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/14/23 9:04 p.m.
fasted58 said:

Too bad they parked up front. Ya know, you can always park...

out back

GCrites
GCrites Dork
8/14/23 9:15 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
Duke said:
eastsideTim said:

ODOT is converting the east-west state highway near me to limited access.  There is already an interchange near the interstate to the west that can be used to cross over it.  The main road I use to get to the highway will eventually (2-3 years) have an overpass added to it.  They are adding another interchange east of said intersection.  Before finishing that interchange, they closed access to the main road on the south side of the highway about 2 months ago, while also doing some other work that has closed a parallel road to the east of me.   A few weeks after closing the intersection, they closed a road that parallels the highway on the south side that drivers were using to get around some of the mess in order to put a roundabout at an intersection.  A bit over a week ago, they closed a road that parallels the state highway on the north side for four months, to replace a bridge and shore up a hill.  Now, if you need to cross the state highway, you are funneled onto a single road to cross it, that in most cases has to be accessed via frontage roads full of businesses, that are now jam packed full of traffic.

All they had to do for this fiasco to not happen, was to not close off access to the south side of the intersection a ton of people used before finishing the new interchange to the east of us.

Edit:  Oh yeah, they are also doing construction work on the state highway/interstate interchange right now for some reason, even though it was completely redesigned/rebuilt a few years ago

Are you talking about OH-32 at Eastgate? I worked at Eastgate Mall for a short time in 2008. Then I moved away. I about crapped when I saw they put that tunnel in a few years back. Now I hear they are redoing it again? I never thought it would need all that -- though I admit I made a lot of wrong turns there when it was the old way and had to keep turning around at the White Castle.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/14/23 9:43 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/15/23 8:02 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/15/23 8:04 a.m.

1 ... 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 ... 1733

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners