1 ... 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 ... 1733
eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
10/5/23 4:57 p.m.
NickD said:

I am increasingly alright with that possibility.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/5/23 5:54 p.m.
RX Reven' said:

Everest: Weeding out type As since 1921

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
10/5/23 6:12 p.m.
Duke said:

You know what?  I see enough fat Hispanic people, I don't want to read this crap... smug hypocrisy berking pisses me off sometimes.

OK, this pissed me off enough that I had to go look.  Americans males aren't even in the top berking 10 worldwide.  And for females, not in the top 20.

Not to undermine your point, but the combined population of all those countries listed above the USA is about the population of the county I live in. 

In related news, apparently fat women are big in the middle east?

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/5/23 6:15 p.m.
Kreb (Forum Supporter) said:
RX Reven' said:

Everest: Weeding out type As since 1921

The rest of that pic's quote is missing:

"so... maybe calm down"

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/5/23 6:17 p.m.
nderwater said:
Duke said:

You know what?  I see enough fat Hispanic people, I don't want to read this crap... smug hypocrisy berking pisses me off sometimes.

OK, this pissed me off enough that I had to go look.  Americans males aren't even in the top berking 10 worldwide.  And for females, not in the top 20.

Not to undermine your point, but the combined population of all those 'countries' listed above the USA is about the population of the county I live in.

Yeah I also do not like smugness but I did notice the population thing, too. Also, a good number of those territories have a few conspicuous things in common, which makes you wonder about the underlying causes. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/5/23 6:23 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Have you ever meet a Samoan?  (essentially 1-13)

They are not a small people.  Yes, genetics is a thing.

This is real. LOL! Life of a typical Samoan | Samoan men, Samoan ...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/5/23 6:41 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Had been reading about that.  Historically most Pacific Islanders lived feast to famine, with potentially very long boat rides in between meals, so the ones who could live for a month-plus without eating would tend to survive... Basically a strong evolutionary pressure in favor of people who could store a lot of mass.

And then GIs showed up with lots and lots of high-calorie non perishable foods like Spam, and suddenly the pressure is gone but the evolutionary traits are still there.

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
10/5/23 9:26 p.m.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
10/5/23 10:44 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/5/23 10:47 p.m.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/5/23 11:03 p.m.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
10/6/23 7:13 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/6/23 7:19 a.m.
nderwater said:
Duke said:

Not to undermine your point, but the combined population of all those countries listed above the USA is about the population of the county I live in. 

So what?  It's a per capita statistic.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/6/23 8:04 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/6/23 8:12 a.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
10/6/23 8:28 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

"I'll take, 'twenty countries Queen might have been thinking of when they wrote that song' for $500, Alex."

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/6/23 8:54 a.m.
Duke said:
914Driver said:

You know what?  I see enough fat Hispanic people, I don't want to read this crap.

Just like I watch enough British TV shows to know that I don't want to hear a Bob-damn thing about how superior English culture is.

Yes, I have a sense of humor about myself.  No, I don't think America is special.  But smug hypocrisy berking pisses me off sometimes.

You see fat Hispanic people all the time...in America. laugh

Meme unrelated.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/6/23 9:43 a.m.

In reply to Duke :   

I've got that T-Shirt !!  Now, tell me how to graph a new TV into this box!

Edit:   Sorry folks, this is not a Meme.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
10/6/23 10:04 a.m.

May be an image of text

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/6/23 10:06 a.m.

You know what's not funny? Bringing graphs and statistics to a humor thread to try and back your point.  So now that I've said something unfunny I'll try and make up for it: 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/6/23 10:17 a.m.
914Driver said:

In reply to Duke :   

I've got that T-Shirt !!  Now, tell me how to graph a new TV into this box!

Edit:   Sorry folks, this is not a Meme.

You can still buy 4:3 monitors for under $100. Remove the tube and install one of them. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/6/23 10:46 a.m.
Duke said:

Americans males aren't even in the top berking 10 worldwide.  And for females, not in the top 20.

So what you are saying is:  try harder.

Window to Weight Gain – The Neglected Food Groups - Cartoon Cuisine

Side note:  When I google this Dr. Nick says "Window to Weight Gain", but I could swear he said "Ticket to Obesity" when this episode first aired.  Anyone know if that was changed?

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
10/6/23 10:54 a.m.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/6/23 10:59 a.m.

May be an image of text that says 'My trailing arm bushings watching me mount RE71Rs'

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/6/23 11:11 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

The government only shows one side of the pyramid, maybe the other sides look like that. 

1 ... 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 ... 1733

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8bsEWUd0gArRPdhI6z3OpvapEZNCSLgQsF49hrB9ZnBJ8HgvjOBzG7E86jvWlOjj