Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/28/23 1:06 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/28/23 8:02 a.m.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/28/23 8:38 a.m.

I legitimately wonder how much cheese is the normal amount of cheese to eat. Last night I stood at the counter in my underwear armed with a cheese cutter and block of Widmer's vegetable Colby. I'm halfway through a brick of the stuff. My parents gave it to us for Christmas. On Christmas. This is not an unusual occurrence. 

People act like plant based (vegan, though without the animal rights focus) diets are lame or hard, but honestly the only really difficult thing and the thing that made us fail at it is that there is simply no good substitute for cheese. Everything else there is something that can satisfy my appetite in an acceptable if not perfect way, but cheese? Nope. You need the real thing. 

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
12/28/23 8:51 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/28/23 8:54 a.m.

In reply to RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) :

That looks disgusting. And I happily eat Kraft American cheese quite regularly, but it is not cheese. Separate category. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
12/28/23 8:58 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

It's an old meme but it checks out. 

I was eating cheese while reading this.

volvoclearinghouse
12/28/23 8:59 a.m.
mtn said:

That looks disgusting. And I happily eat Kraft American cheese quite regularly, but it is not cheese. Separate category. 

Agreed. That looks so bad I down voted it, and encourage others to do the same. No one wants to see that, it's offensive. 

12/28/23 9:07 a.m.
mtn said:

A friend of mine actually tried it. She said it was horrible. It didn't melt. It was like plastic. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/28/23 9:40 a.m.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
12/28/23 9:40 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:
Scotty Con Queso said:

It's an old meme but it checks out. 

I was eating cheese while reading this.

I was probably eating cheese when you wrote that; and likely when he wrote also.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/28/23 11:04 a.m.

I'm about to go to the store...and buy cheese. We are out.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/28/23 11:14 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/28/23 11:34 a.m.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/28/23 11:45 a.m.
mtn said:

People act like plant based (vegan, though without the animal rights focus) diets are lame or hard, but honestly the only really difficult thing and the thing that made us fail at it is that there is simply no good substitute for cheese.

Isn't that a bit like saying that vegetarianism's not lame or hard except that there's no substitute for steak? Or that giving up air is no big deal except there's no substitute for oxygen?

I disagree with the initial point on the grounds that I have yet to enjoy an alternative-milk cappuccino, and it so quickly goes off the rails that it's not worth wondering whether there's a heavy cream substitute for whipped cream or adding to sauces, etc...

Now that I'm in free fall from the original point, we do have an interesting coffee shop here. They've got a bunch of vegan options and default to soy milk, but they will totally make you a dairy coffee drink without side-eye. It's not a vegan place, they just set the default differently. Which I find incredibly reasonable and well outside the stereotype.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/28/23 12:00 p.m.

Isn't that a bit like saying that vegetarianism's not lame or hard except that there's no substitute for steak? 

This is the part that kicks my butt every time. If I die younger because of it, I'm OK with that. 

Meat Eater Diet Vs Vegan Diet Stock Photo 2019315368 | Shutterstock

No Time
No Time UltraDork
12/28/23 12:13 p.m.

In reply to Jesse Ransom :

Ripple is supposed to be a pretty good alternative to dairy. My wife uses the ripple H&H in her coffee. 

The kids have no issue using Ripple milk in cereal, but it's tough to find around here, and for the kids there is no reason to avoid dairy. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/28/23 12:27 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/28/23 12:27 p.m.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/28/23 12:56 p.m.
Indy - Guy said:

Can I just say that I actually think this would be quite tasty?

12/28/23 1:23 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

I fits, I sits, even if I'm the King. 

RichardNZ
RichardNZ GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/28/23 2:37 p.m.

volvoclearinghouse
12/28/23 2:40 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:
Indy - Guy said:

Can I just say that I actually think this would be quite tasty?

It would be even better deep fried. 

I'm sure some carnival in Fireantville, Georgia is working hard at this right now. 

1 ... 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 ... 1737

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QamzTzlILG3FwODIuVxsrTJaajbroImfFRQludG5wAIdboqzxhRdu40hYdZ2RKGE