1 ... 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 ... 1751
Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
7/12/24 6:30 p.m.

In reply to RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah before I had kids of my own, I was a "Aint no kid of mine gonna live on chicken nuggets" kind of parent. Eldest Queso Kids aren't picky. My youngest eats chicken nuggets, cheese pizza, and butter noodles. Only.

No one can make you eat your owns words quite like your kids. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
7/12/24 6:48 p.m.

volvoclearinghouse
7/12/24 6:50 p.m.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/24 7:52 p.m.
MyMiatas said:
barefootcyborg5000 said:

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

A Volvo is pretty high on my list of dream projects. One day.

Here is one on Craigslist in Colorado.

https://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/d/grand-junction-1968-volvo-122s/7764247408.html. 

:0)

Not just Colorado, it's about 10 miles from my house. Some enabling services are available.

volvoclearinghouse said:

I once had a minor freak out when I couldn't feel my keys in my pocket. After a dozen or so seconds of panic, I found them.

They were in the ignition of the truck I was driving. While doing 80mph on the expressway on my way to work.

The worst part is that I have done that more than once indecision.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/24 8:27 p.m.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/12/24 8:39 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

I once had a minor freak out when I couldn't feel my keys in my pocket. After a dozen or so seconds of panic, I found them.

They were in the ignition of the truck I was driving. While doing 80mph on the expressway on my way to work.

This very day, not 12 hours ago, I was wandering around the shop searching for the portable phone I was listening to...

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
7/12/24 8:42 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

This very day, not 12 hours ago, I was wandering around the shop searching for the portable phone I was listening to...

You would be surprised how many people fall for someone calling them and saying "i cant find my phone, can you look around for it?"

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
7/12/24 8:48 p.m.

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
7/12/24 8:52 p.m.

(this one bothers me because the math is wrong.  It should say 0+(10x0) = 0 )

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/12/24 9:33 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:
Streetwiseguy said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

You would be surprised how many people fall for someone calling them and saying "i cant find my phone, can you look around for it?"

Bish, please. I've used the flashlight on my phone to look for my phone in my car.

volvoclearinghouse
7/12/24 10:42 p.m.

In reply to RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) :

In the movie "World's Fastest Indian", there's a scene where Hopkins is leaving the house, and he makes the Sign of the Cross while saying "Spectacles, Testicles, Wallet and Watch".  While I'm sure some religious person somewhere is offended by that, I've started doing it myself, and its amazing how much it helps. I don't wear a watch, and I usually have food with me, so I've expanded the Holy Trinity to include "Spectacles, Testicles, Wallet, Phone and Lunch".  

You gotta grab your nuts on the second one, to make sure they're where they ought to be, too. 

volvoclearinghouse
7/12/24 10:49 p.m.

Which is not to say I've worked out all the bugs. Quite frequently I will walk out of the house, forget why I went outside, and, rather than going back inside, will lean into it and just start walking somewhere in the yard purposefully, figuring I'll either remember why I came out here, or come up with something else I need to do while I'm out here.  And either way, I'll enjoy this nice walk that I'm on in the meantime. 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
7/12/24 11:07 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Coworker from Dallas comes to Chicago to make joint sales calls in the area with me along with Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

I mention a famous place we gotta eat lunch at - The Brat Stop in Kenosha, WI.  German restaurant, bar, cheese stop and Packers crap for sale - you get the idea. 

Dude asks me what a bratwurst is so I explain the German menu (????).  Dude then orders chicken strips.  

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
7/12/24 11:22 p.m.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Dork
7/12/24 11:30 p.m.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
7/13/24 12:32 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/13/24 1:36 a.m.

In reply to Datsun240ZGuy :

Its better that way. He would have put ketchup on the brat if he had one.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/13/24 8:01 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/13/24 8:08 a.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/24 8:41 a.m.

volvoclearinghouse
7/13/24 8:47 a.m.
Datsun240ZGuy said:

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Coworker from Dallas comes to Chicago to make joint sales calls in the area with me along with Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

I mention a famous place we gotta eat lunch at - The Brat Stop in Kenosha, WI.  German restaurant, bar, cheese stop and Packers crap for sale - you get the idea. 

Dude asks me what a bratwurst is so I explain the German menu (????).  Dude then orders chicken strips.  

I'm confused. I want to downvote this, because it's offensive, but I also feel it needs to be upvoted for emphasis.

Instead, I will use this forum to educate e'rryone here of the best festival of the summer: 

https://www.bucyrusbratwurstfestival.com/

If you're anywhere within a days drive of central Ohio that weekend, there's no better place to be. Plus, Mid Ohio is right there, and there's bike races that weekend, too. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/24 9:10 a.m.

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/13/24 9:11 a.m.
914Driver said:

1 ... 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 ... 1751

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wmDhUKrxJk6mxDpeporbCcagGyUA5ijPcVW2NRLssZaBrxpKwMR7bF1GhBfhqsed