7/31/24 9:53 p.m.

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/31/24 9:54 p.m.

edwardh80
edwardh80 Reader
8/1/24 5:08 a.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

Just up the road from Blackshear is Patterson. Check out the red pepper grill BBQ joint. Been there a few times and it's decent BBQ. Specifically, ask for the RPG salad, which is a salad in name only

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/1/24 7:37 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/1/24 7:38 a.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
8/1/24 7:46 a.m.
edwardh80 said:

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

Just up the road from Blackshear is Patterson. Check out the red pepper grill BBQ joint. Been there a few times and it's decent BBQ. Specifically, ask for the RPG salad, which is a salad in name only

Been there.  You are correct.  :-)

I've spent weeks in the greater Blackshear-Patterson-Waycross area.  I think I've eaten at every non-chain restaurant there.  

volvoclearinghouse
8/1/24 7:49 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

AI-Memes-drawing-meme

volvoclearinghouse
8/1/24 7:50 a.m.

machine learning ai meme - confuse dog and chocolate chip muffin

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/1/24 8:47 a.m.

volvoclearinghouse
8/1/24 9:43 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

"Z has done the math and realized there is no retirement. So they are going to enjoy something as they work themselves into a grave."

A 72 month note on an $80K truck works out to around $1300 per month.  If they could afford that payment every month, they could save $1.3 million in 30 years. 

retirement cant wait meme

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/1/24 9:44 a.m.
Duke said:

I've wanted to post this statement, but the one I found was illustrated with a photo of a contemporary and very high profile politician. 

Beer Baron 🍺
Beer Baron 🍺 MegaDork
8/1/24 9:53 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

machine learning ai meme - confuse dog and chocolate chip muffin

Ironically, this is actually something that A.I. algorithms are *really* good at. A Japanese bakery developed an algorithm to identify different pastries at checkout, and this program then got adapted to identify cancer cells.

Obligatory meme that reminds me of my current undetermined health issues:

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
8/1/24 10:10 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

In reply to Appleseed :

"Z has done the math and realized there is no retirement. So they are going to enjoy something as they work themselves into a grave."

A 72 month note on an $80K truck works out to around $1300 per month.  If they could afford that payment every month, they could save $1.3 million in 30 years. 

A mid-20s Gen Z'er could easily have enough to retire by  mid-50s on that. And that's not counting any contributions from a spouse, employer, etc:

Obligatory meme:

67LS1
67LS1 Reader
8/1/24 10:38 a.m.

"AI" should really stand for "Acquired Intelligence". There really isn't anything artificial about it. It's all scrapped from existing data

Side note and why (I believe) the AI boom will die sooner rather than later...a buddy who works in game development tells me their company just got sued because one of their developers used AI to generate a 5 story building with flowers in the windows. The resulting photo apparently used snippets of a copyrighted photo to make the flowers at each window without the permission of the copyright holder.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/1/24 10:40 a.m.

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/1/24 10:57 a.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
8/1/24 11:05 a.m.
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

Alternatively, they are focused on the Olympics?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/1/24 11:08 a.m.

To be fair, Mick Jagger is old enough to be his grandfather, and the kid probably has not much interest in the Stones ot their music. 

At that age, I could have sat next to Benny Goodman and I probably would have neither known nor cared.

DasAuto
DasAuto GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/1/24 3:46 p.m.
STM317 said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

In reply to Appleseed :

A mid-20s Gen Z'er could easily have enough to retire by  mid-50s on that. And that's not counting any contributions from a spouse, employer, etc:

Obligatory meme:

You're off your rocker if you think a Gen Zer making minimum wage qualifies for, let alone actually has, that kind of car payment. There's reasons why Gen Z is vastly behind even Millenials in driver's licenses and vehicle ownership, and 99 of them are money. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/1/24 4:48 p.m.

In reply to DasAuto :

Someone making minimum wage is not financing an $80k truck. But not everyone makes minimum wage, even in the Gen Z cohort.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/1/24 6:28 p.m.

67LS1
67LS1 Reader
8/1/24 6:30 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I have three kids; 44, 42 and 40. None own cars now. One owned a car in college. But they all own their own homes. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/1/24 7:02 p.m.
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

Imagine going somewhere and seeing someone famous and leaving them the hell alone because they are there for the same reason you are there.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/1/24 7:06 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

FTFY:

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
8/1/24 7:16 p.m.
Duke said:

Thanks. Been mentally calling people "cockwomble" all day 

1 ... 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 ... 1733

You'll need to log in to post.