Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
11/3/21 8:15 p.m.

hannah montana - Reddit post and comment search - SocialGrep

No Time
No Time SuperDork
11/3/21 8:17 p.m.

In reply to Duke : 

I'll agree that the context could lead to the way you interpreted the intent of meme that was posted, even though it was not the intent. Implying I'm a douche with the exhaust analogy in your earlier post seems a bit extreme though.

I should have put the thots as nuns meme first, and then this discussion wouldn't be happening. So my bad, and I'll pay more attention to context when posting. 

While I don't think it was your intent, as you pointed out that context can sway the interpretation, and there is some irony to someone complaining about a meme that is about people that are easily offended.

Here's an unrelated meme as a peace offering:

No Time
No Time SuperDork
11/3/21 8:21 p.m.

No Time
No Time SuperDork

No Time
No Time SuperDork

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/3/21 8:23 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/4/21 12:24 a.m.

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/4/21 12:38 a.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

Would it stop the average man?

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/4/21 6:15 a.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
11/4/21 10:31 a.m.

May be a Twitter screenshot of text that says 'Classy Warfare The War on Christmas cannot end until Christmas stops its illegal occupation of November 187 12 oTw591 Classy Warfare @classywarfare am calling on the Klaus regime to return to the borders agreed upon in the Black Friday Agreement'

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/4/21 10:51 a.m.

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/4/21 11:49 a.m.
Toyman01 + Sized and said:

Pardon me for asking, but I'm not always up to date on such things:   Was there maybe a news article I missed or perhaps a trend/event happening in the states that this relates to that makes this meme funny?

Because to me it's got that whiff of "racism light" and seems to be rooted heavily in misguided (and incorrect) immigration stereotypes.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
11/4/21 11:59 a.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

Something about purposed infrastructure legislation handing out $900000/2 to undocumented folks. That's as far as I dare go here. 

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/4/21 12:08 p.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

I've had to watch some of those shows with SWMBO, and it's just they are generally divorced from reality in many instances (especially those "property brothers").  One episode had a single mother with 3 kids living with her parents looking for a starter home and her "budget" was something like 400K IIRC.   And they always show the prospective buyer an amazing house that way over the already inflated budget to steer them into buying a "fixer-upper" for 100-150K under their so-called "budget" and use the rest to do the needed renovations, which always magically come in right under budget, no matter what they find wrong with the property.   So, yeah, the above example is kinda iffy but taken in context pretty descriptive of many of those shows.   

Obligatory meme:

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/4/21 12:10 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

Wow, that didn't occur to me until after you posted it.  Forget what I posted.  It's pretty racist...

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/21 12:17 p.m.

Post image

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork

Thanks guys.  That sucks.

Duke
Duke MegaDork

I believe it's a reference to a $450,000 per partner payment that was proposed for families that had been separated at the border.  This was more or less buried in the current administration's spending bill, but has since been exposed, objected to, and withdrawn.

Which just goes to prove - like the "lion ass cracker" image above - that a zero-tolerance policy on politics is necessary in this thread, since some people seem to derive secret glee from thinking they are sneaking one past the rules.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)

Post image

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
11/4/21 12:20 p.m.

In reply to 06HHR (Forum Supporter) :

I wouldn't read it as such. More likely aimed at politicians doing politician things. 

I'll get political:

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/4/21 12:20 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/4/21 12:25 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

Post image

Dude, if you are not watching Frankie Celenza's Struggle Meals show, you definitely should be.

Struggle Meals (TV Series 2018– ) - IMDbPacket Drawers and Why You Need One | by Deion Malloy | Medium

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/4/21 12:36 p.m.
Duke said:

Which just goes to prove - like the "lion ass cracker" image above - that a zero-tolerance policy on politics is necessary in this thread, since some people seem to derive secret glee from thinking they are sneaking one past the rules.

That's mine. I'm not sure what you're saying. I found it funny it because some members of my family have claimed Cherokee heritage when, from everything I can dig up, there's about a hot snowball's chance of that being true. And apparently that seems to be a pretty common thing to claim for whatever reason. There's no attempt on my part to sneak anything past the rules, but if it's in violation (or just in poor taste), it ain't gonna hurt my feelings if you think I should pull it down.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
11/4/21 12:37 p.m.

Post image

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
11/4/21 12:41 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Yeah, I'll have to check that out.  We always save sauce packets from places we eat at.  They come in handy with some takeout places that refuse to add seasoning to their food.

Post image

1 ... 733 734 735 736 737 ... 1746

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Wrun690K70z51kMy5Te4YcETu5TAQacVMUmPT4Op7cia7YBkbRC2oaP5lFKD7jMU