1/6/22 8:13 p.m.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/22 8:20 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/22 8:32 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

The woman I'm seeing now teaches CPR, and lost her husband last year. In one of our initial conversations when she told me what she did I said that would have come in handy last year.  She said maybe not, those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.  

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
1/6/22 8:36 p.m.

Scotland wins for clever salting/gritting machine names:

Scotland names its snow plows and their titles for 2021 are still amazing -  Roadshow

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/22 8:52 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to KyAllroad :

The woman I'm seeing now teaches CPR, and lost her husband last year. In one of our initial conversations when she told me what she did I said that would have come in handy last year.  She said maybe not, those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. 

When one of my friends woke up a couple years ago to find that his wife was, in fact, quite dead, after the initial shock (no, really?) he got their son, who was in EMT training, to do CPR while he was on the phone with emergency services.

Imagine being 16 and woken up early in the morning and told to try to revive your mom...

Anyway, point is, I don't share that meme.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/6/22 8:58 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

Yes, yes it does. 

Much like performing CPR is to be done to the tune of "Another One Bites the Dust".

(Which, by the way, is absolutely the correct pace for chest compressions...)

I can tell you from somewhat recent experience (Summer, 2020), when your friend is having a heart attack on a gravel road in the middle of bumble-berk Pennsylvania, a Queen song does not immediately come to mind.  Pressing on his chest hard enough to break a dozen ribs does.  Fortunately, he was one of the 4%.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/6/22 9:40 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/6/22 9:43 p.m.

Nice job!

Pretty much, if you're not cracking ribs, it's not working.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/6/22 9:48 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
tuna55 said:
Appleseed said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

They shimmed the worn out bearings with a chunk of belt leather. I hated that dreary,  unfulfilling book with a passion.  But I remember being thoroughly engrossed in that roadside repair.

I did that on audiobook. I remember getting to work one day after listening on the commute, and being so depressed that I was not able to get out of the car right away.

It was definitely depressing.  However, I was amused to find out the movie version was banned in the Soviet Union because it showed that even poor people in America could afford a car.

I'd always heard it as the Germans objected and that lead to the People's Car

dates don't work out tho. 1937 VW, 1940 movie, so going to go with Soviet thing instead 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/6/22 10:23 p.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:
Recon1342 said:

Yes, yes it does. 

Much like performing CPR is to be done to the tune of "Another One Bites the Dust".

I can tell you from somewhat recent experience (Summer, 2020), when your friend is having a heart attack on a gravel road in the middle of bumble-berk Pennsylvania, a Queen song does not immediately come to mind.  Pressing on his chest hard enough to break a dozen ribs does.  Fortunately, he was one of the 4%.

It did, but you probably changed the lyrics.

E36 M3-E36 M3-E36 M3, E36 M3-E36 M3-E36 M3-E36 M3-BERK!

Cooter
Cooter PowerDork
1/6/22 10:50 p.m.

May be an image of text that says 'When I'm bored I go around putting these stickers on paper towel dispensers VOICE ACTIVATED SAY LOUDLY PAPERTOWEL TOWEL NOW!" TORK'

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/6/22 10:50 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

Yes, yes it does. 

Yeah, I know. As a paramedic, I had too much other E36 M3 going through my head to worry about songs. I did CPR probably 25-30 times over a two-year span. Two of them survived to discharge (got out of the hospital alive). I'm glad you were there for your friend. 4% is still a chance, and you were there to capitalize on it. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/7/22 12:24 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/7/22 12:26 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/7/22 8:16 a.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
1/7/22 9:14 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/7/22 9:50 a.m.

May be an image of book and text that says 'Why did Scholastic book fairs have to stop? Like can'tI show up to work one day, and the boss be like, "If everyone works hard today, we will go to the book fair from 12:30-1:00." MOd Gifts @90sKidz90s E'

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/7/22 10:21 a.m.

No photo description available.

volvoclearinghouse
1/7/22 11:10 a.m.

volvoclearinghouse
1/7/22 11:13 a.m.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
1/7/22 11:26 a.m.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/7/22 11:43 a.m.
Recon1342 said:

Yes, yes it does. 

When I got CPR trained, I was told to do it to this...

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/22 12:05 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/7/22 1:41 p.m.

1 ... 805 806 807 808 809 ... 1734

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jMT0kxqQKvapUkumDT9ixBIHZK9oD2pAy01ohiiThCyyCupAGYoBVm7J0qaO9Ia2