1 ... 707 708 709 710 711 ... 2016
Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/10/17 1:02 a.m.

Why couldn’t the wedding we’re going to over the weekend be in Chattanooga or further south instead of Charlotte? There’s a perfect set of drag tires for the Rampage that we’re very recently listed in Chattanooga that we could pick up on the way- but it would be a several hour detour SWMBO would certainly not abide for frown

Ashyukun said:

Why couldn’t the wedding we’re going to over the weekend be in Chattanooga or further south instead of Charlotte? There’s a perfect set of drag tires for the Rampage that we’re very recently listed in Chattanooga that we could pick up on the way- but it would be a several hour detour SWMBO would certainly not abide for frown

You know this properly goes under the first world problems thread right?

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
11/10/17 7:55 a.m.

Low last night of 21, high today of 33. Time to take the summer tires off the DD and put the winter tires on. I'm not ready for winter. But now the car is I guess. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
11/10/17 3:35 p.m.

Mom will start receiving hospice care soon. She did improve somewhat back at the nursing home after five days in the hospital but not enough to take food again. The NH speech therapist is willing to work w/ her to take food regularly but their docs won't allow it. I still believe the five days at the hospital was actually a setback, I hate their attitude and hate that place.

She's been written off before and always bounced back. This time too many things slipped through the cracks.  

My stress level is in the trees, I can only imagine what Dad is going through. 

Gonna have me a drink or ten.

Bobcougarzillameister
Bobcougarzillameister MegaDork
11/10/17 4:25 p.m.

Rant of the day.... I'm sick. Today is my scheduled work from home day. At 2pm the network takes a dump and boots all remote users. My laptop is the only one that won't connect. So, at 4pm I get to get dressed and drive in to work so I can now work until 7:30 on a friday (instead of my normal 7 because they can't pay my drive time).  Double plus ungood. 

So the five month old German Shepherd pup has figured out how to unlatch and open the pug's crate. I'm expecting the duo to set out on a crime spree any day now.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/10/17 7:44 p.m.

Puking sick. CoColdod as hell. Supposed to be at the track at dawn . Hopefully it will pass soon. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth MegaDork
11/11/17 10:00 a.m.

The only kids who feel the need to CONSTANTLY warm up at honor band tryouts are the low brass and  that one oboe. Just one, over and over and over for an hour now. I want to break an oboe.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
11/11/17 10:50 a.m.

Week old valvecover gasket decided to start  leaking this morning. Guess i should have used some rtv.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/11/17 11:07 a.m.

I have had a long winded post rolling around in my head about decision-making based off of gratification vs. satisfaction and I never seem to be able to get it off the ground.

Knurled.
11/11/17 12:32 p.m.

No place in Cleveland I can find will sell me a cylinder full of 75/25 Ar/CO2 between hours wider than 8-5 M-F.  I work 8-6 M-F.

I have flux core wire but to be honest I'm afraid to use it.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
11/11/17 12:36 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

The only kids who feel the need to CONSTANTLY warm up at honor band tryouts are the low brass and  that one oboe. Just one, over and over and over for an hour now. I want to break an oboe.

What's the difference between an onion and an oboe? Nobody cries when you cut up an oboe. 

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
11/11/17 3:45 p.m.

Moved mom into Hospice today.  Cancer sucks.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/11/17 4:21 p.m.

I still feel like E36 M3 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
11/11/17 4:24 p.m.
kazoospec said:

Moved mom into Hospice today.  Cancer sucks.

Sorry to hear that.

I know the feeling all too well. frown

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/11/17 7:40 p.m.

Had my ass kicked by a Hyundai lower control arm. All 3 bolts are spinning like mad, yet aren't coming out. The other side was gravy. 7 hours outside in temperatures that never got better than 41 and I'm worse off than when when I started. I can't even run the bolts back in to limp it to work.

Who ever replaced this thing before me needs his ass kicked. 

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
11/12/17 1:44 a.m.

Any time I do well in the wet in the Evo it's 'all the car,' when I don't win in the dry it's 'lack of driver skill'  

berkeley.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/12/17 8:53 a.m.

I always back in at work. It's just too difficult to back out when half the building is trying to leave at the same time. Last night I pulled into my usual spot and there was a silver/gray car next to me at a slight angle. Last night when I went to leave, there was a deep silver/gray scuff across the driver's side bumper cap on the front of my Disco.

With the height differences between the two cars, I am certain that scuff came from sheet metal on the car next to me, I will have to see if I can spot a car today with a burgundy dent. I guess I need to invest in a steel expedition bumper for the front of my truck now.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
11/12/17 11:48 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

That sucks.  We have a relatively small lot at work and I always try to park away from anyone else.  More than half the time though, someone parks right next to me.  I asked the most recent guy just why he felt compelled to park next to me and he said it's because he knew I'd be careful pulling out around his car...

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/12/17 11:52 a.m.
Knurled. said:

No place in Cleveland I can find will sell me a cylinder full of 75/25 Ar/CO2 between hours wider than 8-5 M-F.  I work 8-6 M-F.

I have flux core wire but to be honest I'm afraid to use it.

Are there any Tractor Supply Companies in your area? Kind of the Wally World of Farming/Welding.

Knurled.
11/12/17 12:36 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy :

Ooh!  Didn't consider that!  Not particularly cheap though,  $230 for a 40 cubic foot cylinder and $55 for a refill.  $140 for a 20 cubic foot and $29 a refill.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/12/17 12:58 p.m.
RevRico said:

I'm not sure who had the brilliant idea to wrap expensive electronics all in glass, but could they hurry the hell up with protective cases already?

The iPhone X, because some idiot will actually pay a grand for that thing, has 2 walls of cases and isn't even for sale yet. My Moto x4 that came out 2 weeks ago only has cheap plastic Chinese crap. It's a glass cell phone ffs, come on otter box, I want to give you money!

Well it cracked. Whole way across the back from the volume down button. So much for waterproof now.

Honestly not sure what happened, it was in my pocket with a few dollars and nothing else, pulled it out and saw the crack. 

Maybe a cheap Chinese plastic case would have been better than no case at all. Still no otter box available, but I have something similar incoming now.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
11/12/17 2:52 p.m.

I always forget how much i hate working on rusty bolts until i have to do it again. My zephyr has me spoiled for old cars.  Good thing the ranger was cheap.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/12/17 6:01 p.m.

The Hyundai is still kicking my ass. I think it's a North Korean sapper.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
11/12/17 7:59 p.m.

Friend totaled his Viper leaving a Cars and Coffee charity event today, Been harping on him to swap his 11 year old runflats and sure enough that is what did the car in total loss. Every single panel destroyed including the hood. 1 of very few blue and white Gen II's in perfect condition. Now someone pulled in front of him and he tried to miss them but still

Wife was in the car and she and him walked away with just a few scratches. Just sitting her thinking that it could hve very easily be me and I am not exactly sure what I am doing with the green monster on the street anymore. That is at least the third one in town to be destroyed this year.

1 ... 707 708 709 710 711 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dFiXKYpREdbs56LIVvJtbuiVZvdKj6UsIMv9b7eRo8AKGhblVqgLLolW5KcCkvH0