1 2 3 ... 291
logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/18/16 3:54 p.m.

Two of my favorite threads on this board are the Minor Rant and Minor Confession ones.

I thought we needed one to celebrate the positive side of life. The little wins we get during the day. Finding that car part you've been searching for or getting a killer deal on a lightly used toothbrush. Anything that becomes the highlight of your day.

I will kick it off. Today I had the first Portillo's dipped beef Ive eaten since I was last in Chicago 2 years ago. Life is good!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/18/16 3:55 p.m.

That is worthy of celebration! Where are you right now?

My minor wins: I bought a Rotel Amp last night for a great deal, and am getting my childhood turntable this weekend.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/18/16 4:11 p.m.
mtn wrote: That is worthy of celebration! Where are you right now?

Sunny Naperville. Ive been here for work all week and had to make sure to hit Portillos before leaving town. I almost didnt make it!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
2/18/16 4:14 p.m.

I fixed a dryer with a piece of cardboard.

The Subaru only dumped two quarts of oil this tank.

Truck fixed itself.

I ate a good lunch at chicken king.

Been a good day.

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
2/18/16 4:23 p.m.

Got free lunch today and planning my trip back home to see my parents in VA. Ice Cube said it best.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/18/16 4:45 p.m.

Made my fist t-shirts ever. For the Mid-west meet on Saturday.

They. Berking. Rule.

travellering
travellering Reader
2/18/16 4:51 p.m.

Going to a Mini event, and Garmin GPS "forced" me to take the Dragon (US129) to get there... Arrived in Helen GA late in the evening, went to Wendy's for a late night snack, and they refused to charge me for my Frosty....

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/18/16 4:53 p.m.

The RX7 started right up and terrorized the entire neighborhood by driving up and down the driveway. Every single one of the seven cars I own runs and has been started in the last week.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
2/18/16 5:05 p.m.

The mice are leaving my car alone now. I fixed the stupid water heater last night (running it out of propane soots the burner up) without taking it apart (compressed air through the gas tube). It's supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
2/18/16 5:24 p.m.

Bagged enough catch up sleep on my two days off that I feel normal again, not the right way to do it for sure.

Scheduling a sleep study this week for a new prescription and updated CPAP. One step at a time, things are slowly turning around. Sleep is good.

sirrichardpumpaloaf
sirrichardpumpaloaf Reader
2/18/16 5:26 p.m.

Got to work 30 minutes early today for no reason and didn't have to turn the heater on for the first time in months. Just another reason this is a good day.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
2/18/16 5:35 p.m.

Didn't spend too much time building my trans crossmember for the 67 Camaro/4L80 swap before I noticed that I could cut the ends off the 77Nova crossmember, weld them to the supports I already made, modify the pad for the trans mount, and call it done.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
2/18/16 5:37 p.m.
logdog wrote: Two of my favorite threads on this board are the Minor Rant and Minor Confession ones.

Me too, I usually use the "Damn I'm in a good mood thread" for wins but here are some recent wins; Had the battery for the MX6 charged and it runs like it should again.
Sold the 16x8 Starion wheels for $550 which allowed me to the next two items below
Scored an EVO8/9 intercooler for $30
Scored a mint Apexi WS2 exhaust for $80
Sold off some extras from the Ikea Jerker desks that ended up netting me the desks for free and then some. Might have to scoop up the two cheap ones on Craigs and keep riding that wave.
Had sushi twice this week
Deadpool movie was my romantic valentines date with the gf and it was excellent

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/16 5:59 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Every single one of the seven cars I own runs and has been started in the last week.

That's more than a minor win.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
2/18/16 6:03 p.m.
logdog wrote: Today I had the first Portillo's dipped beef......

You gotta order it right. 'Talian beef, sweet peppers, dipped - Chicago accent.

On Ash Wednesday I was out traveling in sales and didn't really eat breakfast so I ate my lunch at 10:00am. So an email from Portillos comes over advertising their pepper and egg sandwich for Lent. BAM - I stop for a second lunch at 12:30pm.

$4.95 for the sandwich and the beef starts at $5.35. It was good but I would strongly recommend the combo - Italian sausage sandwiche with beef on top and sweet peppers and a side of fries.

How you doin.........

calteg
calteg Dork
2/18/16 6:10 p.m.

The beer fridge died, then miraculously fixed itself. I reset the GFI as a hail Mary, and it's stayed running for a week now! I was really upset because it houses the majority of my sticker collection.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
2/18/16 7:19 p.m.

My son turned a year old yesterday, and my wife's business is doing better than last year. Knock on wood.

Son_Of_Toyman
Son_Of_Toyman New Reader
2/18/16 7:32 p.m.

My wife got hired at a new job was told she started Saturday, but they called her today and said they needed her to come in today. She was only out of a job 6 days. Go babe!

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
2/18/16 8:02 p.m.

Thanks, Logdog. This thread came along at a great time. BlueInGreen just got engaged to be married!

...I'm also probably going to buy a 318ti this weekend, so that's cool too

sirrichardpumpaloaf
sirrichardpumpaloaf Reader
2/18/16 8:04 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote: Thanks, Logdog. This thread came along at a great time. BlueInGreen just got engaged to be married! ...I'm also probably going to buy a 318ti this weekend, so that's cool too

This could also go under the Minor Rant thread......

Kidding. Congratulations!!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
2/18/16 8:51 p.m.

Got the pintle cap out without pulling the intake!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
2/18/16 9:05 p.m.

Found a set of Toyo R1Rs with just one event on them for $150. Now I have rain tires for the CSPish Miata and something to wear to Miatas at the Gap this summer.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/16 9:14 p.m.

Plugged in the refrigerator in SanFord for the first time in 12+ years. It's cooling the way it's supposed to.

Oh, and great thread idea!!

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
2/18/16 9:18 p.m.

I spent $650 at Summit for HPTuners software and multiple things went on.... The box wasn't crushed in shipment. Box also contains a free hat. Wife didn't throw an immediate stink eye at box....

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/18/16 9:53 p.m.

I organized absolutely every single piece of clothing, shoes, hats, work gear & accessories that I own. One big pile, touch everything once and put it where it belongs. I now have nine trash bags full of clothes headed to the local rescue mission (I know the director, he will get everything to its proper place) and an itemized list for the accountant. Almost all of it is dress shirts, slacks and suits that hopefully someone can really put to good use. Two jumbo lawn sized bags already on the curb for trash day tomorrow.

This makes the wife very happy and I have an excuse to do lots of shopping.

1 2 3 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4UtxPQ6PJJm8RUALLQePWZnr4P4z7pz2fESeIoNUOIZX80g29Q5v6SPNCpkufdEe