OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/21/23 5:58 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Hahahahahaa. And ouch. 

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/21/23 11:34 a.m.

My e30wagon won a little award at a local radwood-esque carshow.

"Oldschool" JDM and euro only cars. Mostly.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/23 4:34 p.m.

Lexus with an intermittent A/C issue.  Other shops shrugged.  It acted up for me ONCE, and then fixed itself before I could bring it back to the barn.  Took notes, photographed my test equipment so the info I would need later would be a phone swipe away.

Car just came in acting up.  Was still acting up when I got onto it.  Was able to test that yes, the pressure sender intermittently loses its internal ground, and it isn't any more complicated than that.

RELEASE THE GOOD BRAIN CHEMICALS

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
6/22/23 9:10 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Oh goody on the Pat Benatar show. I am a big fan of Buddy Guy's recordings, and I've seen him live 3 times. The second and third were freebies. Let's compare paid shows laterfrown

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/23/23 9:05 a.m.

Maynard hearted one of my posts.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/23/23 9:56 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Care to share the whole thing?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/23/23 10:15 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/23 10:49 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Physical Graffiti is your favorite Tool album?

;-)

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/23/23 11:06 a.m.

Zeppelin's 'Physical Graffiti', as specified in the OP... wink

wae
wae PowerDork
6/23/23 2:06 p.m.

My eldest passed her road test on her first try.  Apparently, I'm an okay teacher!

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
6/23/23 11:19 p.m.

So a lot of work happened today to get to the point of this picture and I’m feeling my age now but I was mostly teenager for a good part of the day.

I’ve owned this sweet little boat since 1983 and she was probably almost 30 years old then.  40 years later and literally 10 years since she’s seen the lake she sits patiently waiting for me to take her sailing.  Hopefully the wind and weather will cooperate tomorrow.  Don’t tell her but I had a set of brand new sails made over the winter because I’m no longer the broke college kid I was when I bought her...I’m like a kid on Christmas Eve right now.  Lol. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/23/23 11:31 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Beautiful!  I miss sailing. Enjoy her.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/24/23 6:43 p.m.

Today I'm taking a berkeleying day off. I'm day drinking some Scotch, watching some TV , playing withy puppy and playing a new to me WW1 video game.

Funny, I've never really read up on WW1 , gonna have to do a lot of reading 

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/24/23 7:10 p.m.

I'm at a Formula E race.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/24/23 9:16 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:

The boy has been picking up speed on his balance bike, so I bid on this little Razor scooter to make it a little easier to keep up. Today we went out for a ride together and ended up putting in a full seven miles.

The scooter looks like a brand new unit that was probably donated to Goodwill because the headset bearings were clunking around. After a quick adjustment and tire inflation, it was good to go. It's actually a perfect match to the balance bike in terms of pace.  Worked out just great today.

The "seven miles" part of the story might be better suited to the Minor Rant thread.  I am thrashed.

Minor Scooter Win, part II: The Razor unit in last week's exciting installment was actually a contingency plan. The scooter I wanted, and the one I ordered first, was a much larger one with bicycle tires and real brakes and everything. I placed my bid, won the auction (with the ridiculous total of $65 shipped), made my payment, and then nothing happened. And I got to thinking that maybe they would discover they couldn't ship it for the quoted rate, or maybe it wouldn't fit in the van, or maybe it would be junk, and I ordered the little Razor as a backup plan. The Razor arrived earlier and got pressed into service first.

Yesterday, the one I really wanted finally arrived. Weirdly, it had the same loose headset issue, and I'm assuming that's why this one was donated, too. Two different scooters donated to two different Goodwill stores in different states, but same problem. Strange.

Anyway, I spent last night getting the new one set up, truing wheels and adjusting brake pad angles and that kind of stuff, and took it out with the kid this morning. Here 'tis:

This thing is a lot of fun. Hey, I never claimed to be cool...

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/25/23 6:26 p.m.

It's a win, it's a rant. It's a win, it's a rant. Doing the math in my head, I'm calling it an overall win.

I ran my first event this year, and second in the last seven, a TT scramble. It's an hour long race using the full motocross track, and a section of woods. In this case it was about a 7 minute lap time. It was hot and muddy, I was nervous. Enough that I was weak in the knees, and unable to stand comfortably for most of it. I stand when I ride, it's how I ride when I'm at my best. I was uncomfortable the whole time, had to pee and was exhausted by the second lap. There were moments, but I was disappointed with my ride.

When I finished I checked my phone and PW, who was out for lunch, had just messaged me. My car is smoking and it's lost power. Awesome. The track is in between home and town. I was going to drop the bike and truck off and take my car, but I had tools, and was anxious to see what was going on. On the way I had visions of engine, or entire car replacement playing in my head. Until I heard the beep beep beep, and the dash lights started flashing. Traction fault, reduced power. It was not reduced power, it was dead. WTF?
I powered it down, waited about 30 seconds, it fired right up. Sweet. Until I got into traffic in town and it did it again. berkeley. It did it two more times before I got to the restaurant, and would only restart now if I disconnected the battery and reset it. I get there and have a look at her car, it's a coolant leak and seems to be running fine. Sweet. I determine that the thermostat outlet is cracked, but it looks like I can stuff the hose on further, but I'll need a hose clamp. The death clamp that caused it is going to destroy the rest of the housing if I try to reuse it. Fortunately there's a Partsource just up the road. Truck dies on the way and on the way back. I disconnect the battery each time, it re-fires each time. I get back and disconnect + and - let it sit while I fix PW's car. She goes in and get's a pitcher of water from the bar, I test drive the car, she's back on the road. Win. I go to put my terminals back on, where TF is my handy dandy little adjustable that's gotten me out of so many jams? I look and look, Can't find it. It's 30C, and by this time I'm hot, worn out from the race, starved, and discouraged by the BS and wondering if I'm going to actually be able to ge the truck home.
The truck makes it home, just. It faulted again just as I got here. I have a cold shower and tell PW I'm taking my car into town, having something to eat and have to do some banking. The restaurant I'm going to only takes cash and I have none. The branch is locked and the machine outside is out of service. berkeley.

Where's the win part come in? I found a bank open, had a massive bowl of Pho, retraced my steps later and found my adjustable. And the race? When it was over, people were going past my pit saying, nice ride, giving me the thumbs up. I thought maybe I finished top 3. I won it, apparently by quite a bit.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/25/23 7:16 p.m.

2 hours with a wire wheel.

10 minutes with a sand blaster.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/25/23 7:46 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Big day for a near pensioner.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/26/23 8:18 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Hey, I got everybody home, but the 30 degree weather didn't help, and I'm tired today.

And now I get to replace the stat housing and try to figure out why my truck is going into trac fault and shutting off.

Did truck stuff with the Maverick today.

Scored this china cabinet at the local Habitat for Humanity ReStore. It fit perfectly with the tailgate down. I used my ratchet straps attached to the tailgate tie down points to secure it. It worked great.

It added much needed storage to our tiny kitchen. Pretty damn good for $65!

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/29/23 11:51 a.m.

3-year boiler inspection at work today. Passed with flying colors. The inspectors were shocked and impressed with how good of condition the inside of our boiler is.

Food safety inspector showed up as I was typing this. That was the easiest *that* inspection has ever gone for me. Usually they don't understand that our safety concerns are totally different from a kitchen or frozen foods plant, that we are worried about quality waaaay before safety becomes a factor.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
6/30/23 2:05 p.m.

17 day vacation starts at 12:30 this afternoon. Mexico all inclusive in Cabo, some dirt bike trips, a drive up to the canyons in LA, and going to a chopper sho. Plus If the deal goes through for the knucklehead project a two day drive from here to Sedona and back as well and picking up a legal MT350 to use as a duel sport on the way back if I can get that deal done. 

I still have 4+ weeks to burn after that as well. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/30/23 4:59 p.m.

My daughter asked me to take her to the demo derby and figure eight races tonight. Not only does my 14 year old want to hang out with her old man, she wants to do it in the highest of styles!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/30/23 5:21 p.m.

Volcano menu is back at taco hell. 

1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 ... 305

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MynzANku6CwLbw3awsZmHOmKONDrL3DuXbKABmjtrryN3NltOYBWqa3iiIv9TkiO