1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 ... 305
CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/30/23 6:07 p.m.

5 day weekend starts in 2 hours, well maybe 1. Both kids will home and going with us. 

No major E36 M3 shows at work the last couple days. I can probably enjoy the weekend without anyone berkeleying it up.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/30/23 11:02 p.m.

I am going up to New England to see my family for a week. I'm going to dodge being online as much as I can and spend the time hiking, fishing and hanging out.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/2/23 10:04 a.m.

I"ve seen Kim Mitchell many times, as far back as the mid 70's. I know he's really getting on, wanted to see him one more time, and  have been actively trying to since everything started back up post-Covid. And every show is either too far, a day I can't make, or it sells out so quickly I don't get a ticket.

At work Friday one of the guys mentioned something about a free Canada day concert in town. I look it up, it's Kim Mitchell headlining. Awesome.

While we were waiting for the show to start I tried to find out what year we all saw Big Sugar on the same stage (2018) and found out they're coming to a small local venue, on a Wednesday, in March. berkeley yeah.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
7/2/23 10:21 a.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Only in the last year have I ever heard "Go for Soda" and I need to see Kim too, if he ever comes down closer to the Midwest.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/2/23 10:59 a.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

You may also want to check out early Max Webster. I much prefer that to his solo stuff

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/23 11:08 a.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

I looked up the old song  Patio Lanterns a few weeks ago and was surprised to learn that Kim Mitchell did that one too. 

I really liked Go For Soda when it came out, and at the time I figured that the lyrics had something to do with watching boring movies in the theater. Then I heard and interview with him and he said that it was just an expression that he and his friends used when he was a teenager. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/5/23 8:55 a.m.

I thought I read a rant about Keurig recently how they have a known problem and no parts available to fix that known problem. So when PW discovered a crack in the pot of our K Duo, I expected to have to buy something aftermarket. And there seems to be something available from the aftermarket.

Their website is useless, so I called them hoping they could tell me where to order one. And the nice Phillipina said I can help you with that sir, took my info and offered to send me one free of charge, with free shipping.

Hard to believe.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/5/23 1:06 p.m.

4 tons of pellets, unloaded and stacked in 20 minutes. A new record. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/5/23 1:44 p.m.

Yesterday was probably one of the least-stressful 4th of July holidays we've pretty much ever had, at least dog-wise. Marley, our late dog, was afraid of pretty much everything you could be afraid of- and then a few more.  Pretty much any holiday that involved fireworks or loud noises as well as thunderstorms were spent in the back of the closet trying to keep him calmed down. The Bat on the other hand seems to be, for better or worse, essentially fearless- doesn't seem to have a berk to give about thunder, and spent the worst of the fireworks yesterday evening curled up in her favorite spot on the couch looking out the front picture window. At most she occasionally looked up when one exploded such that she could see it, otherwise she didn't seem to even notice despite the fact we were both a floor away working on something for The Dancer's upcoming show.

Now if we could only get her to come when we call her and not have to keep an eagle eye on her when she's out in the yard to make sure she doesn't eat her own poop...

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
7/5/23 1:59 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

Mental note - don't let Bat lick me next time I visit.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/5/23 2:27 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Heh. She's been getting better, and as I said- we (well, me at least) watch her closely when she's out in the yard to make sure if she tries that we can stop her. And on the rare occasion she manages to, we wash her mouth out (she loves getting sprayed with the hose, something she shares with Marley...) and give her a dental chew.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
7/5/23 4:09 p.m.

Just found out I was realigned on Saturday; why is that a win? I lost the group that is 8+ hours from my home and picked up a group  1.5-2 hours from home. Yay!

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/5/23 4:42 p.m.

I hate those inline trailer adapter/converter things. They're handy, but expensive, and I've never had one last longer than a year before they start doing funny things. So I thought I'd be smart and buy a universal one and wire the trailer plug direct. As I'm attempting to connect it I see the car's not a 4 wire system, but a dual voltage set up for the tail and brake lights. Bingo, I didn't even need the converter, and it was a simple job with a standard 4 pin connector. For the first time in years I'll have proper working trailer lights

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/5/23 6:37 p.m.

My wife was making friendship bracelets and made me one with the sweet Gulf Oil livery. Also I guess she and I are best friends now, so that's cool. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/5/23 6:42 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

There are two kinds of dogs.  Dogs that eat poop, and dogs you don't catch eating poop.

Kiefer (yes, as in Southerland - my aunt had just seen Young Guns when she got him) thought cat poop was candy.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/6/23 4:52 p.m.

I just scored a complete 6.0 ls for $300

wae
wae PowerDork
7/6/23 4:55 p.m.

Got the inner frame rail coating on last night and the POR-15 coats went on today.  This weekend I'll be ready to weld on the frame repair kits so that I can get my mother-in-law's truck out of the shop to make room for new goodness.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/6/23 9:28 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
eastsideTim said:

There are two kinds of dogs.  Dogs that eat poop, and dogs you don't catch eating poop.

Kiefer (yes, as in Southerland - my aunt had just seen Young Guns when she got him) thought cat poop was candy.

Weird. I had a super fun dream last night, where me and a crew were tasked with stealing A DeTomaso Pantera from an Italian fashion designer/mob boss. The crew was headed by Keifer Southerland.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/7/23 10:47 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
eastsideTim said:

My girlfriend bought 'No Poo Chews' for the dogs in an attempt to stop the dookie consumption.

I don't know if it's stopped, but the poo's aren't being carried in the house anymore...

wae
wae PowerDork
7/7/23 10:23 p.m.

The weather was absolutely perfect and for being 79, Steve Miller puts on a great show!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/10/23 9:58 a.m.

As I was leaving the office on Friday a guy I work with, and knows I am into cars, handed me the keys to his 22 C8.  He let me take it out by myself and the only thing he said was "if you wreck it make sure its totaled".  The only thing I did not care for was the square steering wheel, other than that, oh momma.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/10/23 1:29 p.m.

As if the torrential downpour two days previous didn't already create enough problems. My conditioning is nowhere near where it needs to be, and I was done an hour in to an hour and a half race.

But I limped across the finish line in third, was in way less pain this morning than I expected, and the bike is still in one piece. And the bruises on each shoulder are matching 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
7/11/23 3:13 a.m.

After several deadbeat neighbors across the street at Dad's place I met the new owner tonight. She's around my age at 65. A very nice lady that's comitted to cleaning the place up and it shows. 

During our chat she says she was an underwater welder in her younger days. surprise I detected no BS, but we'll see.

I'd like to have a few beers with her, I really like her.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/12/23 12:57 a.m.

Moon Hooch is playing close by and I just bought tickets

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/12/23 7:09 a.m.
Antihero said:

Moon Hooch is playing close by and I just bought tickets

Someone else who has heard of Moon Hooch!  Awesomeness. They put on a good show - have fun!

1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 ... 305

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ssiElWBCqdkgWmIW9F9JNuw85DNguBE5Vi9vk1879JgRCUWev3SCSbgp8I3Msi8C