1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 ... 305
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/23 2:31 p.m.

Body Glide has done what it says it would do and has pretty much eliminated summer time chafing. I wish I'd started using this stuff years ago.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/13/23 1:20 a.m.
Duke said:
Antihero said:

Moon Hooch is playing close by and I just bought tickets

Someone else who has heard of Moon Hooch!  Awesomeness. They put on a good show - have fun!

This will be the first time I've seen them, glad to hear they are awesome live!

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
7/14/23 2:42 p.m.

Hard to get mad at this view. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/14/23 3:30 p.m.

4 hours until vacation starts. I don't have anything real I need to get done today. So far, one meeting, a couple calls, nobody acting like a 4yo, and my problem child is OOTO today. Crossign my fingers...

The_Lily
The_Lily New Reader
7/14/23 10:26 p.m.

I get to visit my dream school tomorrow! 

With the Bunta to my Takumi (my dad), I get to spend two hours at the University of Chicago. This same school sent me a poster of the campus with  information about admissions, as well as little facts about history of the University. I squealed. Lol.

wae
wae PowerDork
7/15/23 1:24 p.m.

She wound up not having to quit her job and my eldest is at the rallycross with me!

The best part is that we were getting on the highway and I was describing to her how to launch the car.  She looked at me and said "wait....  Am I driving!?"  She thought she was just going to spectate and she was pretty excited.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
7/15/23 11:03 p.m.

We (my daughter and I) just got back from the University of Chicago and we both fell in love with that school. It was amazing!

Then we did a thing to her Fusion. Hopefully she posts the video clip soon.

:)

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
7/16/23 9:10 a.m.

I'm coming back to social dance after years away from it, and really enjoying myself. A couple of my friends started up a regular event in my preferred dance mode (Fusion/Blues), and it seems to be doing well. I'm teaching and DJ'ing regularly, but I am *not* an organizer who is actually responsible for anything. Which is good, because that is a lot of what burned me out before.

The quality of dancers has jumped substantially, and because Covid killed so many small, disparate, single-style events, we're now getting good dancers from swing, blues, tango, and fusion all showing up to events and cross-pollinating skills, which should help people hone their craft.

Had an event Friday night, and I had quite a few really great dances. Lots of fun.

One dance with a friend of mine that I think is getting added to my list of my Best Dances Ever (which is now up to maybe 5-7 dances). We danced to "Lover You Should've Come Over" by Jeff Buckley, and 2/3 of the way through we were interpreting it together playing out a couple fighting in the last gasps of an imploding relationship.

And I got everyone on the floor for the wonderful cheese that is the Divinyls "I Touch Myself".

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/16/23 9:29 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Referencing the Fripp/Sylvian album, The first day

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/16/23 1:53 p.m.

Almost four-year-old Little Monohue discovered the fabled Harry Epstein Volvelle on my desk today and was absolutely captivated. We worked through an example and he caught on immediately. I'm looking forward to leaving secret messages for him around the house.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
7/16/23 3:45 p.m.

Okay, this is the video I was talking about. Hopefully it works because I'm a Boomer and technology is not my friend.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/23 10:39 p.m.

Two-fer Tuesday:

1. 84FSP dropped by for a BS and Beers session
  2. MonZora started right up and settled into a nice idle for him
preach
preach GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/19/23 11:59 a.m.

Today I picked up some Mk7 GTI wheels and 1 season old Toyo snow tires on them for $200. My Mk6 R is going to be a snow monster this winter!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/19/23 2:14 p.m.

Came damn close to resigning from my miserable job many times over the last few months, got laid off with a severance package instead!

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/19/23 2:23 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Congratulations! Life is too short for sucky jobs.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
7/19/23 3:08 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Came damn close to resigning from my miserable job many times over the last few months, got laid off with a severance package instead!

IIRC, you were in health care IT, right?  I don't think we work for the same place, but if you are looking in the same field, feel free to message me if you want any details on my workplace - I am pretty sure we are hiring in the GTA area.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/19/23 5:47 p.m.

I'm at a conference, hyped for the sticker swap. I dropped some PancakesCon 3 stickers, but...

(I snapped this right before someone else snatched it up - I already have a bunch.)

I'm bringing more than infosec stickers next year. 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/19/23 6:48 p.m.

Today marks twenty years of marriage to Mrs Monohue. I don't understand her questionable taste in men, but she's still my best friend.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/19/23 6:54 p.m.

broken intake manifold bolt. That was ugly. But it's out!!!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/20/23 6:16 p.m.

I can drink water for the first time since Tuesday.

The hallucinations, or maybe just mental confusion, on tuesday night were crazy.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/20/23 10:06 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I can drink water for the first time since Tuesday.

The hallucinations, or maybe just mental confusion, on tuesday night were crazy.

My daughter is 8 days in.  She went to the er for fluids last Friday, coughing, puking, snottiest nose of her 29 years.  No voice at all, yet.

Not covid, not standard flu, but some unhappy virus.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
7/21/23 10:45 a.m.

We decided in the last few weeks where we want to move to. We've been looking at homes the last few years but nothing felt right. 

Visited family in Grand Rapids and realized that area really has more of what we want, and that's our goal for the next year or two. Whoo!!

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
7/21/23 10:52 a.m.

My wife gave me a pedicure the other day. I really like her color choice for my nails, figure you all would appreciate it.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/21/23 12:11 p.m.

lunch was a steak burrito from titos tacos truck. 

My god was it good. 

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
7/22/23 2:46 p.m.

I FINALLY got the air completely bled out of the brake system of my '07 Focus. 

It only took three or four tries. LOL

1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 ... 305

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I7BdfNXE0nMJfoiRdiMZ8jKTIjKokj6wPCahEUFmX4DaiD2PdjlV0EyeDMV4kaYY