1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 ... 305
slefain
slefain UltimaDork
11/22/23 9:57 a.m.

My kids baked a ham for Scouts-Giving and a few days later my wife baked me a ham for my birthday. I've had ham in some form or fashion for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for almost 10 days now. Starting to feel a little tired of it, but we'll see how it goes at lunch.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/22/23 9:09 p.m.

Maybe more than a minor win, but the disposition of my father's estate has progressed enough that I'm getting the ball rolling on a significant donation towards the expansion of a local county park/conservation area!

https://www.bentoncountyia.gov/news/benton_county_conservation_wildcat_bluff_recreation_area_opportunity/

wae
wae PowerDork
11/25/23 3:41 p.m.

Yesterday, got a tree and decorated it.  Today, I got a batch of venison goetta made, have the outside lights and inflatables up, the above-the-door decorations and lights up, most of the other indoor decorations up, and the emptied Christmas bins stored away in the basement.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, indeed!

Crxpilot
Crxpilot HalfDork
11/25/23 7:37 p.m.

Replaced pads and rotors on mom's minivan with my 15 y/o.  He's talking very seriously about wanting to work in the trades.  I'll encourage him as much as I can without pushing and nagging.  There is a super hvac contractor a block away from the house he could push a broom for though...

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/25/23 8:07 p.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
11/26/23 8:53 p.m.

After 18 years together, my wife and I finally made it official.

Just had another couple over to our house. One of them "officiated" to solemnized the license and we hung out for a few hours and a couple drinks.

Probably best part of the day was - while waiting for our friends to arrive, we slow danced to Tom Waits "Picture in a Frame" which felt like the right sentiment.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/27/23 6:57 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Congratulations!!! 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
11/27/23 8:05 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Congrats!  Getting married after 18 years together is awesome. I've been married for almost 14 years.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/27/23 9:50 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

I read solemnized as sodomized. I will not be officiating weddings.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
11/27/23 9:56 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Congrats! And thanks. For reminding me to listen to Mule Variations. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
11/27/23 10:48 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

I read solemnized as sodomized. I will not be officiating weddings.

So did we. That became a running joke of the day.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/27/23 12:49 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Congratulations!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/28/23 8:43 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Congratulations.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
11/28/23 10:28 a.m.

Dude, congrats!

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
11/28/23 10:37 a.m.

Congratulations!

Posted via fiber optics internet-Finally! Good by dish from hell.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/28/23 11:30 a.m.

I guess I'll file this under "minor win":

I currently have my tablet open beside my main computer as I attend an online seminar.  Among the other attendees in the window is a woman who apparently forgot to stop her video when she logged in.  So we've all been treated to a closeup of her chest bouncing from various angles as she carries her laptop around her workplace in search of a comfortable place to sit.

G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter)
G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/28/23 9:00 p.m.

I'm a day late and a dollar short on posting this minor win, although knowing what these things cost to keep running, maybe that isn't the best idiom laugh.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/28/23 9:15 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) :

I feel like we haven't seen you in forever!

Glad to have you back!!

G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter)
G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/28/23 9:25 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Thanks! It's been a weird year in a lot of ways (pruning social media, unexpectedly exiting a long-term relationship, joining a social club, losing a grandmother, hustling to keep up with startup pace), so I'm very glad to have finally remembered my password. Perhaps remembering my password is a minor win in itself.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/23 9:35 a.m.

Finally have an answer! It's Flu B. And from symptom onset, I'm about through it. 

berkeleyin A this sucked. 

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
11/30/23 3:46 p.m.

Bent the cage for our K swapped EG Civic this weekend and damn it came out perfectly.  Can't even fit a finger between the bar and car most of the way around above the window line.   

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/30/23 4:21 p.m.

I have a cheap clock with a 2 foot face in our garage. It's battery powered and it went dead. Happens about every two years.

I replaced the AA battery and checked my phone for the time. The clock was the correct time.

I rock.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/30/23 8:04 p.m.

Swmbo was invited to an exec level Disney Xmas party at her bosses bosses house. Lots of the right people to get to know in the right place at the same time. Perfect given she's officially thrown her name in the hat for the next level of $$$$. 

That's not the minor win. 

The win is she had an option to +1 and declined my invite without asking me, knowing that putting me in a room full of Disney executives and asking me not to say the f word or any other combination of offensive things and listen to high level work E36 M3 for a number of hours is against my code of ethics. I didn't have to go. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/1/23 1:03 p.m.

Day 9 of this stomach bug: I tried eating yogurt and taking a probiotic yesterday. Seemed to help. I made a pot of chicken soup and it didn't upset my stomach. A couple hours later I was hungry and wanted a snack. I had another yogurt and a chocolate. Today I woke up hungry. More yogurt and toast with jam for breakfast. Maybe, just maybe, I'm getting over this crap.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/3/23 1:29 p.m.

Day 14 of what I suspect to be RSV: I was finally able to ease off on the 24-hour-a-day intake of pseudoephedrine, guaifenesin, Ricola, Irish breakfast tea, and entirely too much water yesterday. I'm glad to be done with that, but it seemed to help. I took the kid into town and ended up standing around in a halfhearted drizzle for an hour waiting for a Christmas parade that I didn't know was happening (it's hard to hide local events from a preschooler when they can read the signs before you see them) and it didn't aggravate my cough or sinuses like I expected it to. A couple hours later I was hungry and wanted a snack. I had a stale tortilla with some lunch meat and cream cheese of indeterminate provenance and a beer. Today I woke up rested, which ain't happened for a long while now, and breathing through the better part of one nostril. We're out of yogurt. Sourdough toast with butter for breakfast, and leftover lasagna if she doesn't object. And my very own pot of coffee, finally, after avoiding it for too long. Maybe, just maybe, I'm getting over this crap.

1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 ... 305

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SSD89mcDTcQ2VA5xtgvbzzCjxdYoDu9xWJAk5Rex6M6c5ntFTcL2Z7yvmnqs2lnF