1 2
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/24 3:19 p.m.

The RV didn't happen, and I am not sure if I am relieved or bummed. Bottom line, I have nowhere to put it when not in use. If I had a pole barn out back with a gravel pad beside it, I would have rolled the dice. But paying to park it every month just doesn't make sense right now. Plus, the budget for getting such an old RV into shape is a real question.

We decided that we want to do it at some point, but when the budget allows us to buy a better/newer RV and do it for the lifestyle and enjoyment, not to offset hotel rooms. We are going to rent an RV this fall and see what we think. Sorry to get everyone excited. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/24 4:57 p.m.

I'm bummed.

I have never NOT had an RV.  I grew up spending about 3 months out of the year living in one.

Don't give up hope.

porschenut
porschenut Dork
7/30/24 8:32 p.m.

Thanks for sharing the mental exercise with us.  Renting for a weekend first is a great idea.  

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
7/30/24 9:15 p.m.

I'm on the other side of the state but am interested in a solid and nice but old RV for a reasonable price. What's my wife gonna do, make me sleep on the couch?

porschenut
porschenut Dork
7/31/24 8:53 a.m.

We are currently on our 4th rig.  First was an xplorer 224, a van conversion with wet bath, dedicated bedroom and dinette.  Lived in it for 9 months, went cross country.  Best camper ever and if you can find one that is still alive get it.  Second was a failure, bought in desperation to get back into camping.  Old winnie class A that was terrifying to drive and systems barely worked.  One trip and it was back up for sale.  Third was a GMC motorhome, great RV but too expensive to keep running.  Now we have a trailer and a pickup, this rig is not relevant for most here.  Why am I sharing this?  RV life is an education and mistakes are made.  It is not for everyone but everyone should try it once to see.  Aside from a bad home or marriage it can be the most expensive mistake too.  So try renting and enter with caution.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kqNzk97DAH7P7iLUFyCMZPcTFpjVFqxntX3rAyyTgdZ45fRfEdclCPk4N1qRmN62