1 2 3 4
wbjones
wbjones UberDork
1/18/13 6:27 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: There was a Richard Head in the phone book when I was a kid, one of my buddies would call him and go 'Yo! Dick Head! What's happening?' then laugh like hell and hang up. The guy finally had his number changed to an unlisted. I dated a girl named Sunshine. Really. Looked SO weird on her drivers' license.

could even be the same one I knew .. he was in Columbia

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
1/18/13 6:39 p.m.

The dad of a racer around here is Sheldon Cooper. Not a problem for the first 40 years of his life...

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
1/18/13 6:45 p.m.

Back in the day, it used to kill me when the Detroit Lions lineup would come up on the screen: Strong Safety - Harry Colon. Really, your last name is Colon and you name your kid Harry?

Personally, the worst one I've seen was a kid named (Phonetic) Shi Thee Ed. But spelled . . .

RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
1/18/13 9:09 p.m.

One of the doctors at a local hospital is named Dr. Teebaggy.

My ex-girlfriend had a cousin who's first name name was Dung (he was Vietnamese). It's pronounced something like "Doo-ONG," but everyone pronounced it like "dung" as in "manure." He did not like that.

nicksta43
nicksta43 Dork
1/18/13 9:14 p.m.

My Moms name is Vertain. I have no idea where Grandma came up with that name.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon HalfDork
1/18/13 10:05 p.m.

Went to school with a dude named Supa Mann. He was a real Bob Costas

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
1/18/13 11:29 p.m.

I read a change of name notice in the local paper a few years back.

Kok On Wong was legally changing his name to...

David Kok On Wong.

I don't think anyone explained the stuation to him.

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
1/19/13 10:19 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
kazoospec wrote: Personally, the worst one I've seen was a kid named (Phonetic) Shi Thee Ed. But spelled . . .
You've seen it? Not heard of it, but have actually seen it? That one is supposed to be an urban legend as well. She was in elementary school in Annapolis Maryland a few years ago. High school in Chicago at the same time...

I had a former coworker who kept a jar full of names of people he had dealt with in court with "interesting" names. That's where that one came from. The man did spin a good yarn though, so he might have embellished his list with an urban legend or two.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
1/19/13 10:29 a.m.

Middle school kid here in citrus county Jack Imhoff

Jerry
Jerry Reader
1/19/13 3:59 p.m.

Road names can be fun too. We have Cox Rd near my work. I texted a coworker one morning in traffic "cox is completely full and stopped". His reply was "stop at the iHop on Cox".

And then closer to home we have Shartz. Girlfriend giggles every time we see it.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
1/19/13 5:37 p.m.

The sign for Gay Rd in my hometown never lasted more than a couple weeks.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/19/13 5:43 p.m.

My (real) hometown has a street spelled "McAnally" (apparently supposed to be pronounced "mack-uh-nally"). I always though McAnally's would be a great name for a gay bar with an Irish pub theme.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L2UFR1PtLgRH7THIOLa4t3ComRZtJ8fsJ7cTxgxh28e9G71Z0UB9BxbEowJKSpoL