Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
1/27/09 3:47 p.m.

They're really tasty, come in many varieties, and a good for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

There's also tons of ways to cook them: baked, fried, hashed browns, scalloped, mashed, in soup or stew.

Potatoes are yummy.

I am very partial to getting fresh Yukon Golds when they have them at a local farmers' market, and then pan frying them in some olive oil with spices to match. Oh so naturally buttery, and great with some bell peppers and/or caramelized onions.

mtn
mtn Dork
1/27/09 3:51 p.m.

Salanis, this is clearly an imitation of the bacon thread. I'm ashamed. What are you trying to pull here.

That being said... Bacon on potatoes is good

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
1/27/09 4:09 p.m.

Bacon is a far better pairing with potatoes than flat-fish. That's for sure!

Bacon is good pretty much anytime. Same with potatoes. But flat-fish gets old pretty fast.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/27/09 4:12 p.m.

I don't actually know what a flat-fish is and I'm already sick of it.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
1/27/09 4:17 p.m.

I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with politics?.... umm, I mean cars?

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
1/27/09 4:22 p.m.

Potatoes are off topic.

But they are loaded with fermentable fibers. They're easy to distill into Vodka. So it shouldn't be too difficult to make ethanol (or some other combustible fuel) out of them, which allows us to fuel race cars. We'll also help fight global warming, cut down on international defense spending, and keep the children of poor minority autoworkers from getting eaten by displaced polar bears.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/27/09 9:34 p.m.

potatoes + soyrizo + eggs + onions + cheese = tasty breakfast

Jay
Jay HalfDork
1/28/09 5:27 a.m.
Will
Will Reader
1/28/09 6:58 a.m.

I've got a potato camshaft in my SC...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Reader
1/28/09 7:48 a.m.

Garrett GT2860 RS

or

John "Yukon Gold Chain" Travolta

you be the judge...

FYI, use a "flavor injector" Turkey syringe and pump a few potatoes with a bit of green (jalepeno) Tobasco sauce or Franks red hot. Rub olive oil on the skin and sprinkle with Meat seasoning salt and some chili pepper. wrap (yo) with aluminum and bake in oven or grill on the webber.

Delicious

MCarp22
MCarp22 Reader
1/28/09 10:07 a.m.

minimac
minimac Dork
1/28/09 4:30 p.m.

Potatoes go well with SPAM!

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Reader
1/28/09 4:32 p.m.

Know what goes good on potatoes? CHEESE

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
1/29/09 11:31 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: FYI, use a "flavor injector" Turkey syringe and pump a few potatoes with a bit of green (jalepeno) Tobasco sauce or Franks red hot. Rub olive oil on the skin and sprinkle with Meat seasoning salt and some chili pepper. wrap (yo) with aluminum and bake in oven or grill on the webber. Delicious

Oh your God - that sounds amazing!

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
1/29/09 11:37 a.m.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Reader
1/29/09 12:06 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote: FYI, use a "flavor injector" Turkey syringe and pump a few potatoes with a bit of green (jalepeno) Tobasco sauce or Franks red hot. Rub olive oil on the skin and sprinkle with Meat seasoning salt and some chili pepper. wrap (yo) with aluminum and bake in oven or grill on the webber. Delicious
Oh your God - that sounds amazing!

its really awesome with Fajitas!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pXuSr2FiGaSedDy0FFjg5n8XRSJCCtbHABrz5QJ0ZaKU4wX2SCEwBUWBeoXNiclM