J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
9/30/24 2:54 p.m.

I wish there was good news for Stellantis, but they've been hit hard by all sorts of issues. Other automakers don't seem immune, either, though. It seems like the auto market has gotten a bit soft overseas.

Stellantis Guidance Was So Bad, Ford and GM Stocks Get Crushed - Barron's (barrons.com)

STLA | Stellantis N.V. Stock Overview (U.S.: NYSE) | Barron's (barrons.com)

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
9/30/24 2:58 p.m.
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/30/24 3:01 p.m.

It'll be interesting to see if the dockworkers' strike has a large impact on the market.  Let's be honest, it's been due for a pullback regardless.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/30/24 4:29 p.m.

Helene took a whole lot of cars out of service last week, but I expect most of the impact to be on the used market. Probably a drop in the bucket when it comes to worldwide demand though. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/30/24 4:33 p.m.

Telsa up 0.4%.

WilD
WilD Dork
9/30/24 4:34 p.m.
Stampie said:

Telsa up 0.4%.

But Tesla isn't an automaker.  wink

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/30/24 4:41 p.m.

I heard a video mention "the big 3 automakers" the other day, and it struck me at how out of date that term is. I think of that as Ford, GM, and Chrysler, but the reality is that Toyota, VW, Kia/Hyundai are the big three now. Even if you mean domestic automakers, Ford and GM are certainly up there, but Chrysler is an Italian brand now and is killed by Tesla, a US brand. Honda and and Toyota both outsell it by a wide margin, and they both build cars here.  I guess its like my mother telling me to put things in the icebox, an outdated term but we know what she means. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/30/24 4:53 p.m.

What good news came out?  Seemed that every time we had a good quarter, sales up, profit up, etc- the stock price would always go the other direction.  

Maybe it was the tentative UAW agreement with Ford?  Wall St always hated good news on the worker front.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z6KgHMc5sgRKGzG3x5qSBKoGLO0Kv4yK28SRTq99hHJjDAbyjFRllefMeOwsJwfu