HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
11/26/09 8:11 p.m.

My next term in college is my final (woohoo, freedom!), and one of the courses is dedicated to writing a technical report for ASET. Somebody got in their request to do fuel injection systems first, so I tried a different approach as I decided to do stability control systems. Now, here is the catch; I'm taking Instrumentation Engineering (a technology program) which focuses on the control of the whole product, rather then focusing specifically on things like programming. Of course, programming is a small aspect of the program (everything is a small aspect of the overall bundle that makes up instrumentation it seems).

What I am looking for are technical documents, and I know that some of the people who frequent GRM are well affiliated with some of the car manufacturers in the US. I was wondering if anyone would have access (or be able to provide information as to the correct people to contact) about acquiring any test data or information that the manufacturers have gathered on this. Currently, I am stuck figuring out whether to focus the report on the performance (yay!) aspect of stability control, or the safety (yawn) factor.

The instructor who is running this course for my specific group mentioned doing it about something you are passionate about. Even if this topic does not help me in the field I will probably end up in (oil and gas, go Alberta!), cars are clearly something I am insane about, and I can not see many other ways to motivate myself then to write on a topic I love (I also like to write, so thats the easy part).

Any help would be great! There is (does not come as a surprise) a wealth of information already out there, but having some ofishial documents from a manufacturer would be a dream. TIA guys

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ho0zgChTTVDhQXnvzPm0nUwZbz4EyiPUA6XsEMKkPQzZjYyDpDbGwUWA4s4ZFvAF