1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32
bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
1/19/16 12:39 p.m.

Might as well post my wagons.

Former

And current people hauler. I need to get back to IKEA if only for another photo.

Cornerz
Cornerz New Reader
1/19/16 12:41 p.m.
1kris06 wrote: Bring this to america so I can give you money

I'd like mine in British Touring Car Championship config please

Subaru to enter British Touring Car Championship

Here's mine in it's favorite environment

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
1/19/16 12:43 p.m.

S/C Rambler "Scrambler" wagon.

Misspent_Youth
Misspent_Youth New Reader
1/19/16 1:00 p.m.

Okay, I'll play. First wagon is my daily driver; the 325iT, manual, RWD. Agree with an earlier poster that it could be quicker, but it sure is comfortable and handles well. Also swallows a road or tri bike without having to remove the bike's front wheel. Manuals can be difficult to find, but I would highly recommend it - a very capable do everything car that is fun to drive.

Second (EvanR - you'll either like this or hate me) is the project. It WAS a reddish brown, manual, RWD, diesel. Now it'll be less sooty and have more power - SBC 350 power that is. Staying manual with a T5, cosmetic refresh will come after I first enjoy driving it for a while.

Finally, the project for my soon-to-be-driving-age son: '91 Accord, FWD of course, but at least it's a manual! Just needs the motor replaced. Future H22 swap, but for now he'll get the more sedate and original f22.

And if anyone is looking for a wagon project, I have one I'm not getting to: 1987 Silver Volvo 245, with three pedals, but shell only. All glass is intact but needs floorboards on driver side.

Yeah, I think you could safely say I have the wagon disease. :-)

EDIT: Couldn't possibly omit the very FIRST wagon I owned, back in the UK. Mini Clubman Estate. Actually camped out of it once. :-) And I also owned a wagon that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere on this thread yet, but I don't think I have a photo of it - stock photo attached. Mitsubishi Diamante! Only came in automatic here in the US. My wife hated it. Really decent comfortable car, but not terribly exciting.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
1/19/16 1:32 p.m.

This is mine, and this was the day after I bought it. The first think I did was ditch the bra, front plate, and dumb German flag badge, but I don't have any new pics. 1.8T, 5 speed, Quattro with a few performance goodies. I've got a few more planned.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/19/16 1:38 p.m.

No pics yet, but I acquired a 93 Volvo 960 on Saturday. Yesterday, I bought a set of used converse 5.0 mounts (from a member here no less). I haven't even gotten it home yet. So excited.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
1/19/16 1:41 p.m.

And all this time I thought they looked so "Euro"!

Woody wrote:
paranoid_android74 wrote:
Back in 1985, we used to call those wheels *"Those Wheels"*, because GM put them on *everything*.
92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
1/19/16 1:56 p.m.

One of my mom's friends growing up had one of those Celebrity wagons almost in that exact color. It was fun to ride in the way way back seat and go through drive through at McDonald's.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
1/19/16 6:18 p.m.
Misspent_Youth wrote: Second (EvanR - you'll either like this or hate me) is the project. It WAS a reddish brown, manual, RWD, diesel. Now it'll be less sooty and have more power - SBC 350 power that is. Staying manual with a T5, cosmetic refresh will come after I first enjoy driving it for a while.

Love it. I'm late to the party, and haven't read all the other posts, so this may have already been posted

"The basic idea" TV commercial

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/19/16 7:44 p.m.

Oooh. I maintain that the Forester is the "real" Impreza wagon.

travellering
travellering Reader
1/19/16 8:46 p.m.

Added another wagon to the fleet last night. $1K netted a SAAB 9-5 from 1999. Hilariously, given it's a Swedish wagon now parked next to a Citroen CX Estate, the SAAB is the one that was originally purchased in Paris!

Storz
Storz Dork
1/20/16 6:22 a.m.
IndyJoe wrote:
Matt B wrote:
Storz wrote: Wagon or hatchback?
IMHO no window behind the c-pillar = hatchback I'm sure Nick will have something to say about it as well...
+1 That's a hatchback in my book too.

As is mine, good way to judge it based on the window..never thought of that before.

Storz
Storz Dork
1/20/16 6:26 a.m.
Misspent_Youth wrote: Okay, I'll play. First wagon is my daily driver; the 325iT, manual, RWD. Agree with an earlier poster that it could be quicker, but it sure is comfortable and handles well. Also swallows a road or tri bike without having to remove the bike's front wheel. Manuals can be difficult to find, but I would highly recommend it - a very capable do everything car that is fun to drive. Second (EvanR - you'll either like this or hate me) is the project. It WAS a reddish brown, manual, RWD, diesel. Now it'll be less sooty and have more power - SBC 350 power that is. Staying manual with a T5, cosmetic refresh will come after I first enjoy driving it for a while. Finally, the project for my soon-to-be-driving-age son: '91 Accord, FWD of course, but at least it's a manual! Just needs the motor replaced. Future H22 swap, but for now he'll get the more sedate and original f22. And if anyone is looking for a wagon project, I have one I'm not getting to: 1987 Silver Volvo 245, with three pedals, but shell only. All glass is intact but needs floorboards on driver side. Yeah, I think you could safely say I have the wagon disease. :-) EDIT: Couldn't possibly omit the very FIRST wagon I owned, back in the UK. Mini Clubman Estate. Actually camped out of it once. :-) And I also owned a wagon that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere on this thread yet, but I don't think I have a photo of it - stock photo attached. Mitsubishi Diamante! Only came in automatic here in the US. My wife hated it. Really decent comfortable car, but not terribly exciting.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
1/20/16 7:49 a.m.

Brett_Murphy
1/20/16 9:29 a.m.

I think the best definition of wagon I saw was:

1. A wagon has a window past the C Pillar for the cargo area

2. A wagon's roof past the C Pillar covers at least 50% of the cargo space

3. A wagon has a hood (to eliminate vans)

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
1/20/16 9:56 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: I think the best definition of wagon I saw was: 1. A wagon has a window past the C Pillar for the cargo area 2. A wagon's roof past the C Pillar covers at least 50% of the cargo space 3. A wagon has a hood (to eliminate vans)

So, NOT wagon?:

Storz
Storz Dork
1/20/16 10:10 a.m.

What is this?

Misspent_Youth
Misspent_Youth New Reader
1/20/16 11:18 a.m.

In reply to Storz:

Corolla. Love the wing mirrors.

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
1/20/16 11:20 a.m.

Late '70's 'rolla, all tricked out 'yo.

Brett_Murphy
1/20/16 11:29 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: So, NOT wagon?:

Nope, it's a shooting brake. Revised list:

1. A wagon has four doors for the passengers, plus one or more doors for the cargo area. Two doors for passengers is a shooting brake or hearse.

2. A wagon has a window past the C Pillar for the cargo area

3. A wagon's roof past the C Pillar covers at least 50% of the cargo space

4. A wagon has a hood (to eliminate vans)

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
1/20/16 11:58 a.m.

OK, so I is building a Hearse. I think I can roll with that

The "shooting Brake" think is waaaaayyyyy too confusing for me.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Reader
1/20/16 1:42 p.m.

Brett_Murphy
1/20/16 2:26 p.m.
NOHOME wrote: OK, so I is building a Hearse. I think I can roll with that

Yes. I've always wanted an old hearse.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/16 2:49 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: I think the best definition of wagon I saw was: 1. A wagon has a window past the C Pillar for the cargo area 2. A wagon's roof past the C Pillar covers at least 50% of the cargo space 3. A wagon has a hood (to eliminate vans)

this is like the old "hatchback" vs "liftback" vs "fastback" argument

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
1/20/16 3:38 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Yes. I've always wanted an old hearse.

That sir, wins the wagon appreciation thread. Shut it down. Go home.

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
69Iyoavw1CpMMKZXV2DeWIzjPq4e8mrarcpHsX8yq4BwnjirNU1Ek0zAZ5zgfiMQ