1 2
Bobzilla
Bobzilla Dork
12/17/10 10:05 a.m.

Let's see.... I average 2 orders a day, 5 days a week with TR for the last 6 years. that's 520 orders per year for 6 years, so something over 3000 orders with TR and only ONE of those was incorrect. I'd say that's pretty good odds.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
12/17/10 10:09 a.m.

+1 for tirerack other than the fact that they don't carry what i want right now for the Smellica.

I've ordered at least 20 sets of tires through them, and never had one problem.

The only other place i've ever ordered tires from was that one place that went under a year or two back. Forget the name.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/17/10 10:30 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: The only other place i've ever ordered tires from was that one place that went under a year or two back. Forget the name.

Edge Racing, they advertised in GRM. They were great.

Oh and TR rep, so I have your excuse on Toyo's, so what is it for Falkens? Hmmmm?

Ian F
Ian F Dork
12/17/10 12:19 p.m.

TR - mostly because there's a warehouse in DE and if I place an order before lunch, I usually get it the next day for the standard (cheapest) shipping price.

I find the TR site easier to browse and compare as well, although when I was looking at Toyo's on DTD the other day, I see it has improved a bit.

I've never paid too much attention to the 'authorized installer' part. One of the shops we use became one... their advertised price on TR is about 20% more than they would charge us when I just called and made an appt. I usuallly drop off loose wheels and tires and pick them up later.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
12/17/10 12:56 p.m.
Ian F wrote: TR - mostly because there's a warehouse in DE and if I place an order before lunch, I usually get it the next day for the standard (cheapest) shipping price. I find the TR site easier to browse and compare as well, although when I was looking at Toyo's on DTD the other day, I see it has improved a bit. I've never paid too much attention to the 'authorized installer' part. One of the shops we use became one... their advertised price on TR is about 20% more than they would charge us when I just called and made an appt. I usuallly drop off loose wheels and tires and pick them up later.

This. i have ordered at 4pm on thursday and received my tires the next day via ups ground. they have a warehouse in shreveport, la so i don't have to pay sales tax either. even still, DTD was pretty close on price the last time i ordered

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
12/17/10 12:59 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote: The only other place i've ever ordered tires from was that one place that went under a year or two back. Forget the name.
Edge Racing, they advertised in GRM. They were great. Oh and TR rep, so I have your excuse on Toyo's, so what is it for Falkens? Hmmmm?

Yep, it was Edge Racing. I miss them.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hW5Ibr2INt4YNZ1TY93tylxOP4bq12duzZg5gUcltNNwWdC86FOiW6mImw69ofBL