1 ... 215 216 217
M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
6/24/24 11:27 p.m.

Malort tastes like a politician's soul.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/25/24 6:57 a.m.

TIL and was amazed that four people car strip and lay down a 3,000 sq. ft. roof and be packed up by 4:00 with not a nail or shred of paper in sight.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/25/24 10:25 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Roofers are nuts, man. It's genuinely impressive and almost unfathomable how fast they can tear up and re-roof a house. Especially if it's a simple one.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
6/25/24 4:05 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

My roof, roughly the size of the one in 914's pic, was changed from slate on lath to shingle, tar paper , and plywood deck in a day. I only saw 3 guys too, and the site is cramped against another building, not just a tree.

prowlerjc
prowlerjc New Reader
6/25/24 5:02 p.m.
914Driver said:

TIL there's a sweet spot between getting the car low enough the engine can pass over the tall grille but high enough for the engine crane legs to go under the frame.

I learned about, haven't found it, but know about it.  =~ (

Why not remove said grille?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/25/24 5:23 p.m.

Said grille is in the back seat.  Bad enough climbing the front, but follow the body line and see the hoop above the gray.  That's for the hood latch and thermostat thingie.

Thermostat is in the radiator tank.  Things get hot, it moves a lever that opens louvers in front of the radiator.

point is - hoop's a killer.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
6/25/24 6:32 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Jack the rear of the car a little at a time until the car has enough angle.

prowlerjc
prowlerjc New Reader
6/25/24 6:52 p.m.
914Driver said:

Said grille is in the back seat.  Bad enough climbing the front, but follow the body line and see the hoop above the gray.  That's for the hood latch and thermostat thingie.

Thermostat is in the radiator tank.  Things get hot, it moves a lever that opens louvers in front of the radiator.

point is - hoop's a killer.

It can't be easily removed?

I'm not a LaSalle expert by any stretch...

wae
wae UltimaDork
6/26/24 8:59 a.m.

TIL two things:

#1 - The urgent care place doesn't open until 1000.  I figured that people need care urgently first thing in the morning so I drove all the way over there at 0800 to find that out.  They told me to come back after 1000 so I could get my stitches out.

#2 - (And you should totally see this one coming....) How to remove my own stitches at home!

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/26/24 9:09 a.m.

In reply to wae :

I had stitches removed once when I was about 8 and thought, I could do that, and I have ever since.

I've had way more stitches than I would assume is normal.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/26/24 10:37 a.m.

Fat Mike owns a large portion of Liquid Death.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/26/24 12:40 p.m.
prowlerjc said

It can't be easily removed?

I'm not a LaSalle expert by any stretch...

Anything can be removed.  The arch over the top is the radiator support hoop that marries up the front end and fenders on each side. It's bolted to the frame and goes up and out from there.   Gain 3" of clearance vs losing more bolts, scratching some paint and and and ....

My son will be here Friday, it WILL be in this weekend.

1 ... 215 216 217

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a6RHvZWdpXmSlIn4xSzOot87OLf0ATtQEwtx2umY9iYAg5ELCxuSfXOOCcxIFyzo