1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 ... 224
Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
8/4/24 10:01 p.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

Is the ADHD test that after 10 seconds of looking at all those questions and boxes that you bail and close out the attachment?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/4/24 10:03 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I'd always wondered what it meant.  So I realized, while thinking about the song, hey I can probably look it up now.

He wrote it in the middle of the night, and the song is about... trying to write a song in the middle of the night.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/4/24 10:05 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

The following lyric is:

"Trying just to stay awake,
Wondering how much I can take?
Should I try to do some more?
25 or 6 to 4..."

Sounds like AM to me.

I nap in the afternoon. 

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/5/24 10:46 a.m.
Datsun240ZGuy said:

Is the ADHD test that after 10 seconds of looking at all those questions and boxes that you bail and close out the attachment?

I read all of the questions but not knowing how to score the answers I don't know if I am full blown ADHD or not. I suspect I am even though I have a SLOW personality.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/5/24 10:53 p.m.

TIL that the Flyin Miata front main seal installation tool works great for setting output shaft seals on the Mitsubishi F5m4X series of manual transmissions. Getting value for my $$$ 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/6/24 12:30 a.m.
VolvoHeretic said:
Datsun240ZGuy said:

I read all of the questions but not knowing how to score the answers I don't know if I am full blown ADHD or not. I suspect I am even though I have a SLOW personality.

When I got diagnosed, about a year and a half ago, I went through a battery of in-person tests... everything from a multiple choice "test" to what was basically a game of memory to observing how I problem solved simple but "big" problems to repeating words that had been said back to me to behavioral interviews, and the whole time the professionals administering the evaluation were also observing and noting my physical actions as well... the whole ordeal took about 6 hours.

It took another 2 weeks to get the diagnosis; the docs doing it (both MD and PsyD, IIRC) were extremely thorough in their report. It made so much of my life make sense.

But this was as a 33 year old. I believe it is different for pediatrics and I think it is different for 40+ as well. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/7/24 6:54 a.m.

Back up lights weren't standard on Mustangs until 1966.

loosecannon
loosecannon UltraDork
8/7/24 9:19 a.m.
VolvoHeretic said:
Datsun240ZGuy said:

I do not know what the points cutoff is but basically, if most of your answers are in the gray boxes (often, very often) then you have ADHD

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/24 12:07 p.m.

Whenever it comes up I'm tempted to get tested, but at almost 50 I figure I'm beyond it being useful, and I'd hate to find out I don't have anything and really are just dumb.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/7/24 12:18 p.m.

TIL that the reason our client's check bounced is because they got wire scammed for almost $400,000 by someone pretending to work here.

There are only 6 people in our firm, the client works with one of our partners on a daily basis, and the spoofed email of the nonexistent employee had an extra 'A' in the domain.

Apparently the phishing started in early June and throughout the entire process it never occurred to anyone from the client to just call my boss and ask if this was legit.

They can afford to lose the money, but there were so many missed red flags that it's actually almost comical.

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
8/7/24 12:36 p.m.
914Driver said:

Back up lights weren't standard on Mustangs until 1966.

The Federal safety regulation mandating reverse lights was written in 1966. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/24 2:04 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Whenever it comes up I'm tempted to get tested, but at almost 50 I figure I'm beyond it being useful, and I'd hate to find out I don't have anything and really are just dumb.  

... really am just dumb.

“I am” is always the correct choice due to the singular nature of the pronoun “I”; conversely, “are” is employed in conjunction with plural subjects or singular subjects that have been connected by “and.” This results in a compound subject that necessitates a plural verb, as in “He and I are.”

wink

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
8/7/24 2:08 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Don't feel bad. I are dumb too

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/7/24 2:14 p.m.
Duke said:

TIL that the reason our client's check bounced is because they got wire scammed for almost $400,000 by someone pretending to work here.

There are only 6 people in our firm, the client works with one of our partners on a daily basis, and the spoofed email of the nonexistent employee had an extra 'A' in the domain.

Apparently the phishing started in early June and throughout the entire process it never occurred to anyone from the client to just call my boss and ask if this was legit.

They can afford to lose the money, but there were so many missed red flags that it's actually almost comical.

When I worked in risk management in a bank, I'd have weekly meetings (and often coffees/lunches) with one of our fraud managers. It is pretty astounding what people fall for. It is also pretty astounding at how good some of the phishing can be. If I get an email or a call asking for payment, even if I know it to be 100% legitimate, I'll still hang up and go through what I am 100% sure to be a secure payment method. Sometimes that involves me hanging up, calling the number that I know to be legitimate, and talking to the same person I just hung up on. It's just way too easy to spoof phone numbers. 

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/7/24 2:35 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

How do we know that Wally doesn't also have a split personality? laugh 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/7/24 9:32 p.m.

In reply to VolvoHeretic :

Which Wally?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/24 12:54 p.m.

TIL there's an online calculator for bra size.

https://www.calculator.net/bra-size-calculator.html

TIL I'm a C cup.

I swear I was there for a dew point calculator and just noticed bra size calculator on the right.

https://www.calculator.net/dew-point-calculator.html

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/11/24 2:08 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Moobs.

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/11/24 2:25 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

"TIL I'm a C cup."

Spare us the details. cheeky

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
8/11/24 3:05 p.m.

In reply to NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) :

TIL Stampie has a decent rack...

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/11/24 4:43 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Don't ask, don't ask, don't ask .......

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/14/24 3:27 p.m.

Today I learned there is a business on the flight path into Milwaukee airport that has "welcome to Cleveland " painted on the roof in large letters. I wish I got the phone out fast enough to capture it. 🤣

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
8/14/24 3:45 p.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

Those wacky cheeseheads....

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/14/24 4:04 p.m.
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/14/24 4:33 p.m.

TIL how to move a shed.

Crazy lady next door put up a fence (and cameras) but the poles were on the outside; code says good side out.   While the building inspector was there (I assume) he noticed my shed 4ft. from the line.  Got a nice registered letter in the mail to move it to comply with the 12 ft. rule.

Talking to neighbor that just got a new shed about moving them, "Oh, here.  Five 4" diameter PVC tubes, 12 ft. long.  Lay 'em down and roll away."   Cool.  My friend Ed came with his tractor, lift up one side, apply tube, wrap a rope around the perimeter and back up.  A condition on the tubing is if I know someone moving a shed, pay up the pipes. laugh

Viola'.

Old location:

13 feet away.  The Woodchuck's gonna love it !!

1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 ... 224

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1VhiC4v2q9TSDHJv8KYqCWc8gcdpLhE86GodlVFMo0MGd1uQfwF1hkeyrJGY8zW8