1 2 3 ... 8
preach
preach GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/23/23 8:04 a.m.

Reverend Horton Heat, 7/13/23.

I love live music, but I am not a fan of crowds of people. This was a smaller venue so it was OK.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/23 8:47 a.m.

Hah!  One of my lifelong friends texted me last night from the Rev's show in DC!

My last show was Buddy Guy, 6/24/23

02Pilot
02Pilot PowerDork
7/23/23 9:04 a.m.

I wanted to go to the Rev. Horton Heat show when it came through here last month, but I couldn't make the timing work. I did see Canned Heat at the same venue last September.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/23/23 11:46 a.m.

Violet Crimes at the Monkey House last week.

https://violetcrimesvt.bandcamp.com/album/change-my-mind-demo

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
7/23/23 11:52 a.m.

Bands playing at Kirby's Beer Store here in Wichita on Friday.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
7/23/23 11:56 a.m.

A bunch of Ska bands about a month ago, including The Freecoasters! My college friend is one of the sax players in the first act, it was great. I need another show now. Support your local bands and dance like nobody cares! Open up the pit and berkeley E36 M3 up for the dads in the first wave Ska bands! They'll buy you beer for it later!

Gary
Gary UberDork
7/23/23 12:09 p.m.

Jeffrey Foucault at The Barn, in Egremont, MA, last month.

Going to see Lyle Lovett at Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Providence, RI, on July 29. Son Jason and I saw Lyle at City Winery in NYC in May, 2022. Great show. We wanted to see him again and this time we're bringing the wives (ours).

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
7/23/23 12:10 p.m.

Couple months ago at a local bar. Some friends do a great cover set, their group is called Closure. 

Have tickets for the babyklok tour in SLC first week of October. Looking forward to it. 

TheRyGuy
TheRyGuy Reader
7/23/23 12:28 p.m.

Snarky Puppy @ Newport Music Hall in Columbus, 4/21/2023.

Agreed, love live music, can't stand the crowds 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/23 1:01 p.m.

Lyle Lovett, of all people. He just puts on a very enjoyable show. I couldn't name one of his songs but he's a great entertainer.

Before that was Morgan James, both in a club and a very small venue. Huge talent. Also caught Eric Johanson opening for Sam Fish. Eric was fantastic.

Postmodern Jukebox is next.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/23/23 2:41 p.m.

TMBG a couple months ago, maybe 1500 people in the venue.

Or maybe SCOTS?  Similar size venue, but reserved seats are key.

Going to see CAKE in a few hours.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/23 3:11 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I always imagined Cake to be one guy with a trumpet. It would be almost disappointing to see a band onstage. 

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/23/23 3:31 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Cake is a great show. Seen them twice. Never disappoints.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/23 4:34 p.m.

I think it was Todd Snyder and Tommy Prine last November at the Roxian. Great show, good venue, ridiculous Pittsburgh venue fees and taxes.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/23/23 4:43 p.m.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard in May, '23 . Excellent show.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
7/23/23 5:28 p.m.

It's been a little while, because of having young kids, but I'll plug a fellow grm members band. https://subtastics.bandcamp.com/

j_tso
j_tso Dork
7/23/23 5:43 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Lyle Lovett, of all people. He just puts on a very enjoyable show. I couldn't name one of his songs but he's a great entertainer.

Lyle Lovett as well....in 2015.

I guess I'm not a live music person.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/23/23 5:45 p.m.

Last show was Steve Martin with Martin Short, and 4-5 songs by the Steep Canyon Rangers, in June I believe. 

Before that, I played some open mics, so obviously I saw others too. Last one was in May. 

Then, sometime in 2021? Reckless Kelly. My favorite live band to see. It's a shame they're retiring. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/23/23 5:58 p.m.

How about some jazz (free!) in downtown DeLand a month ago. (And, yes, they’re playing in a parking garage.)

David S. Wallens
7/23/23 6:00 p.m.

Doh, just remembered: We saw some ska like two days later across the street.

Gary
Gary UberDork
7/23/23 6:36 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

How about some jazz (free!) in downtown DeLand a month ago. (And, yes, they’re playing in a parking garage.)

A clarinet! Fantastic. You don't often see a clarinet in a band these days. I love the sound. Nice to see that. Too bad it's a "seasoned musician" and not a youngster playing. 

David S. Wallens
7/23/23 6:42 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

They sounded terrific. The group plays every two weeks in DeLand but, sadly, I have missed the last two performances.

They did two sets, and after the first one, I was just hanging out and taking pictures.

A guy walks up to me.

“Hey, can I ask you a question?”

I admit, I was like, Ummmmmm.

Then he goes: “How’d the drums sound? Were they too loud?”

It was the drummer. He had changed his shirt since coming out from behind the kit. 

More info on their Facebook page. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/23/23 6:44 p.m.

We were just at Lake Tahoe. And while my wife and I would have been perfectly happy doing outdoors stuff and vegging at the cabin, my son and his girlfriend dragged us to a concert at Commons Beach in Tahoe City as well as a couple at Palisades (Squaw Valley). None of the music was fantastic, but it was really nice listening to free World Beat and Blues Music in an outdoor setting. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/23 7:08 p.m.

In reply to preach :

Celtic Women in April 2023. I have zero desire or tolerance for regular concert crowds anymore. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
7/23/23 8:24 p.m.

Thrice and Holy Fawn at the House of Blues in Boston, on 6/2/23. It was good. Broke my live show drought that had been going on since March of 2018. 

1 2 3 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uRhAw6S8ZdKNoZkM7fDLsc3BaNFWRFabXnfazmS9PRSVSBdHXfnCsyNmHIOyw8XD