1 2 3
914Driver
914Driver Dork
10/21/08 2:43 p.m.

These guys think I need a Yamaha FJR-1300, not too far off what I own now I guess.

I got 4 on Moxie, 6 on Zeal and 2 of 10 on Pomp.

http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-motorcycle-personality-test

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
10/21/08 3:16 p.m.

I don't ride, but... It says I should ride a Moto Guzzi and that I'm very likely to have a garage full of esoteric old bikes awaiting restoration. I'd say that's accurate.

I don't get what's up with the Moxie, Zeal, and Pomp

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/21/08 3:38 p.m.

I got an 8 for Moxie, 7 for Zeal, & 1 for Pomp with a final recommendation of a Yamaha YZF R1 because I crave speed but I'm willing to do the homework required to be able to handle it.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
10/21/08 3:39 p.m.

It said "...statistics would suggest that you are destined for a Harley-Davidson..."

Not a bad guess.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/21/08 3:45 p.m.

YZF-R1. Close, I guess...if I bought something new, it'd probably either be a Versys or an FZ1/FZ6.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
10/21/08 3:46 p.m.

Arggg! It put me on a Harley Sportster (even after I specifically stated I did NOT want Harley as a result) then proceeded to tell me what a joke that motorcycle is....

...tell me something I don't already know (believe).

The scales appear to be based on the fact that they believe motorcycle riding is all about projecting you attitude to the world. Come on now, not everybody rides a Harley or a Hayabusa.

I am guessing there is no result that is along the lines of "some old classic (non Harley) bike"

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
10/21/08 3:51 p.m.
914Driver wrote: These guys think I need a Yamaha FJR-1300,

same for me

5 moxie 11 zeal 0 pomp

CrackMonkey
CrackMonkey Reader
10/21/08 3:55 p.m.

LOL, it says I should be riding a YZF-R1.

I have no desire to own a crotch-rocket, especially a really big, fast one.

I own a Sportster. I'm happy.

joey48442
joey48442 Dork
10/21/08 4:13 p.m.

Yamaha FJR1300

You scored -2 moxie, 9 zeal, and -3 pomp!

Seems alot of us are FJR 1300.

Though, I think of myself as an old BMW rider, more though.

Joey

slantvaliant
slantvaliant New Reader
10/21/08 4:51 p.m.

Whizzer http://www.whizzermotorbike.com/NE5Images.htm

No, not really. Yamaha FJR1300, whatever that is ...

Racer1ab
Racer1ab New Reader
10/21/08 5:17 p.m.

I tried to take the test seriously, and I ended up scoring 4 moxie, 18 zeal (higher than 100% of my peers?!?), and -1 pomp. Which places me on the seat of a Ducati 996.

I like the description, but I don't feel it's entirely me:

"You exhibit an overexuberance in all respects that cannot be satisfied. Your attitude and ego are over the top, yet you actually have the skills to match. Its infuriating. People would hate you, but you're too damned nice. You always ride like its your last day to live, and leave bystanders vaguely aroused. Your bike is the Ducati 996. Sex on wheels."

I did stop by the Ducati dealership the other day, but I was just window shopping. I even wavered on buying a t-shirt!

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Reader
10/21/08 5:29 p.m.

I got 4 moxie, 6 zeal and 8 pomp which gave me a Ducati ST4. I don't mind that choice.

katonk
katonk New Reader
10/21/08 5:52 p.m.

I got FJR1300 as well.

Not the bike that appeals to me. If were buying a bike, I'd be looking at the new Kawasaki Ninja 250, Yamaha FZ6, and Suzuki SV650.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/21/08 6:11 p.m.

Ducati ST4s

You scored 0 moxie, 9 zeal, and 6 pomp!

You love riding, simply for the sake of riding. On the way to work, you sometimes find yourself taking the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. Your mastery came about as a side effect from your love of the sport, although to be honest, you originally got into it because you thought a motorcycle would make you look cool.

You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as reasonably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Because you are a bit image-conscious and have a touch of ego, your bike is a Ducati. A practical Ducati, but a Ducati nonetheless.

I was not familiar with this particular Ducati, but I guess I need to go check them out.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
10/21/08 6:17 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Arggg! It put me on a Harley Sportster (even after I specifically stated I did NOT want Harley as a result) then proceeded to tell me what a joke that motorcycle is.... ...tell me something I don't already know (believe). The scales appear to be based on the fact that they believe motorcycle riding is all about projecting you attitude to the world. Come on now, not everybody rides a Harley or a Hayabusa. I am guessing there is no result that is along the lines of "some old classic (non Harley) bike"

+1 to all of the above. I'm a little insulted that they want me on a Sportster. Where did I go wrong?

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
10/21/08 6:27 p.m.

Yamaha FJR-1300. I don't like how this bike looks; it's too chunky for my tastes. I'd rather have a full-on sport bike than a "sport tourer."

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
10/21/08 6:35 p.m.

Yamaha YZF R1

You scored 6 moxie, 10 zeal, and -2 pomp!

I was going for a 650 KTM or BMW dual sport

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
10/21/08 6:38 p.m.

5 on moxie 9 on zeal -3 on pomp

FJR-1300 Imagine that. I don't know that I'd go along with their semi-universal asignment of this bike.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
10/21/08 6:46 p.m.

Bogus test.

4 moxie, 5 zeal, 5 pomp, and I should ride a Harley. After answering the 'would you ride a Harley' question as 'hell, no'.

Me, I'd rather be on a KTM Adventure, preferably the 640.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/21/08 6:50 p.m.

FJR-1300 here too. Weird. If I had to chose, I'd ride an old cafe racers type bike.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Reader
10/21/08 7:06 p.m.
Woody wrote: Ducati ST4s You scored 0 moxie, 9 zeal, and 6 pomp! You love riding, simply for the sake of riding. On the way to work, you sometimes find yourself taking the long way. The 50-miles-of-back-roads long way. Your mastery came about as a side effect from your love of the sport, although to be honest, you originally got into it because you thought a motorcycle would make you look cool. You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as reasonably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Because you are a bit image-conscious and have a touch of ego, your bike is a Ducati. A practical Ducati, but a Ducati nonetheless. I was not familiar with this particular Ducati, but I guess I need to go check them out.

I got the same bike. It is not a full blown sport bike. It is probably the best sport touring bike available.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
10/21/08 7:12 p.m.

Ducati 996

You scored 9 moxie, 16 zeal, and 2 pomp!

Ducati 996 You exhibit an overexuberance in all respects that cannot be satisfied. Your attitude and ego are over the top, yet you actually have the skills to match. Its infuriating. People would hate you, but you're too damned nice. You always ride like its your last day to live, and leave bystanders vaguely aroused.

Your bike is the Ducati 996. Sex on wheels.

Odd... I've always gravitated toward sport-touring.

Sonic
Sonic New Reader
10/21/08 8:06 p.m.

Yamaha YZF R1

You scored 8 moxie, 9 zeal, and 4 pomp!

I think I'd be more inclined for an R6...

therex
therex SuperDork
10/21/08 8:10 p.m.

I would love to have known what I got but I'm not signing up for any dumb E36 M3.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
10/21/08 8:27 p.m.

You scored 11 moxie, 10 zeal, and 0 pomp! Yamaha YZF R1

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rjjsFTDrU9jPce8t9sW3oUdIulxlNcCh1p5lqCt3VJcvjc0TI6ODvwhLX6aabZKN