1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
8/11/15 6:33 a.m.

In his defense, Ignorant needed to change his name.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/11/15 6:44 a.m.

I've been "petegossett" on here since a forum update(back around Y2K?!?!?? ) required single-word usernames. I'd honestly never noticed it was no longer a requirement, but why bother changing back now.

I did finally update my garage & mark my cars as sold. No real reason to add any of the existing fleet though since they're completely boring and practical. I also finally added an avatar pic.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Dork
8/11/15 7:04 a.m.

Mark me down in the "leave-the-name-the-hell-alone" camp. I no longer have an Allroad but I like the name so I'm keeping it.

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
8/11/15 7:05 a.m.

I haven't changed my user name in many moons but I do change my avatar every once in a while. I think I have it narrowed down to two that I'll switch between from now on since most of the time I identify with Oddball but, sometimes I feel like a snake wearing a beer can.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UltraDork
8/11/15 7:08 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Your rendering is fine. If you had used Rex, I, for one, would associate it with RX7.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/11/15 7:16 a.m.

i changed mine to drummerfromdefleopard for awhile due to zero use of my right arm, as it's use has returned (and due to the fact that the injury saved my life, funny how that works and hooray for pre-op blood test) i've changed it back. As long as the avatar doesn't change when the name does I can still tell who people are. I recently changed my avatar in light of recent GRM lore, but tend to keep my avatars for at least a year or there abouts

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
8/11/15 7:30 a.m.

I feel like no one would know who I am if I changed my avatar.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
8/11/15 7:32 a.m.

One of the boring ones, I am. I think I joined before 1999 and the first challenge- but can't remember when. And I'm also one that never kept the old post counts to my dorkness.

The avatar was from a convention in Nashville TN. back in 2001. My old helmet and all. That was a while ago.

The car remains, the only difference is that I had 4 Alfas back then, now we are down to 2, and targeting just one.

Hoping to see our 2002-04 Challenge car in one of the history features. :)

BTW, I will suggest that if any of you are in the area, go visit GRM's HQ. They really are nice people. Even if quite a few have changed over the years.

Anyone remember Angry's post about ABCDEFGHIJKLMOPQRSTUVWXYZ?

I had a post card of Vespas that I meant to send for a few years, but never did.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
8/11/15 7:33 a.m.

Big Boi aka Daddy Fat Sacks aka Lucious Leftfoot aka Billy Oldshoe aka Francis the Savannah Chitlin Pimp

I mean, uh...

Powar aka miatarpowar aka Tim. Powar is here to stay. It has become part of me. After only 3000 posts in 10 years or more, I don't think changing it would make too many waves anyway. The car in the avatar was stripped and scrapped years ago.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
8/11/15 7:35 a.m.
Cotton wrote:
Not-Stig wrote: In reply to David S. Wallens: Beer Baron = Slefain GPS = Walterj Curmudgeon = Jensonman SwankForceOne = celica somthingorother Fueled by Caffeine = Ignorant The list goes on.
Beer baron and slefain are different.....I'm pretty sure...right? This is so confusing. Also ignorant had at least one or two more names thrown in there.

Yeah. I am not, nor have I ever been Slefain.

My original handle was "Salanis". I switched to Beer Baron about 4 years ago, when I started brewing professionally. "Salanis" is the handle I came up with back when I was first playing MUDs online back in junior high. I've since changed my persona to... actually mean something.

Spawn of a New Day
Spawn of a New Day MegaDork
8/11/15 7:37 a.m.

This thread sucks.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/11/15 7:38 a.m.
Quasi Mofo wrote:
Not-Stig wrote: In reply to David S. Wallens: Beer Baron = Slefain GPS = Walterj Curmudgeon = Jensonman SwankForceOne = celica somthingorother Fueled by Caffeine = Ignorant The list goes on.
Lol... All amateurs!

Amateurs at name changing compared to you, perhaps. But i eclipsed you quite some time ago where it really counts with the ladies.

That being post count, of course.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
8/11/15 7:40 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
Quasi Mofo wrote:
Lol... All amateurs!
Amateurs at name changing compared to you, perhaps. But i eclipsed you quite some time ago where it really counts with the ladies. That being post count, of course.

E36 M3s getting real.

crewperson
crewperson New Reader
8/11/15 7:40 a.m.

I am not changing anything. took too long to figure it out. Still have not solved the picture posting dilemma. My name is a tribute to my daughters racing career and my avatar is my mother-in-law, 93 and still going strong.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/15 7:41 a.m.

It does take some effort to keep up with the name changes. I've used the same username since I was about 12 years old and I don't think I've ever changed my avatar on this forum. I probably should sometime (both the car and the track you see have now changed substantially, and you probably can't tell, but I was a teenager in that pic), but I'll keep the same car in it.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
8/11/15 7:41 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
Swank Force One wrote:
Quasi Mofo wrote:
Lol... All amateurs!
Amateurs at name changing compared to you, perhaps. But i eclipsed you quite some time ago where it really counts with the ladies. That being post count, of course.
E36 M3s getting real.

As if it's really that hard when someone leaves the board for an extended amount of time....

G. P. Snorklewacker
G. P. Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/11/15 7:42 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: E36 M3s getting real all up in hee'aah

ITFY

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
8/11/15 7:50 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: I've been using Toyman since the internet consisted of a bunch of text based chat rooms.

I'm JThw8 on every forum, message board etc I've been on since the dawn of the internet with the exception of some very early BBS postings (and if you read BBS and thought wheels then it's WAY before your time)

What messes with me now is when GRMers friend me on FB, I have NO idea who most of you are by your "real" name

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/15 7:51 a.m.
crewperson wrote: Still have not solved the picture posting dilemma.

Step 1 - host the pic on an external image hosting site - if you don't want to start an account with photobucket, google photos etc, use imgur.com

Step 2 - Copy the picture URL

Step 3 - insert into post, either by clicking the camera button and pasting the URL, or manually writing a basic HTML img tag

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
8/11/15 7:56 a.m.
The Gathering Darkness wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: E36 M3s getting real all up in hee'aah
ITFY

Wheyah, Bahstun?

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
8/11/15 8:05 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: do not look at me.. I have never even changed my avatar in all this time

Neither have I. And I essentially use the same screen name and avatar (a relic from my comic book days) on every forum I join. The exception being one forum that requires users to use their real full name.

I never felt there was any sort of anonymity on the Web, so my name is my name and I wouldn't post anything here that I wouldn't say to someone in person.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
8/11/15 8:13 a.m.

I changed my name once or twice but I'm back to my first one. I try to use it on other forums too.

My old avatar was this for awhile: And I had a dark gif of my tube amp warming up but that never looked that good anyways.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/11/15 8:18 a.m.
neon4891 wrote: I've been neon free for over 2 years now. For me it is part identity, part "i can't think of a new name".

I was neon_duke on various other forums for years, even when I didn't have any more Neons. Just plain "Duke" was almost always taken, usually by some lowlife who signed up years before, made 2 stupid posts, and was never heard from again. I got lucky here.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
8/11/15 8:19 a.m.

I'm "Silverfleet" because when I first started going on forums, I had a literal fleet of silver cars. My '87 Cougar, 2 Trans Ams, and both WRX's were all silver. It made sense, but I always thought it was lame. I just wanted to talk to other car people on the interwebz. These days, I only have one silver car left. And I have two white ones and one black one. You guys know me as that name, so I stuck with it.

My avatar on here has always been some dude with a sweet mullet. I find mullets extremely entertaining. And I think they are making a comeback; I am seeing them here and there on people that are way too young to not know any better.

Quasi Mofo
Quasi Mofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/15 8:37 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
Quasi Mofo wrote:
Lol... All amateurs!

I didn't realize that there was an "O" in that word...

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DskgQOd6bR7f5aIWxNEbo6sbvJL1JBYay92lqtV3V9i9REu8rO9o4O9RzW4johk1